Oh dear Julia!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It was a Cataract operation Julia had

So many people have this surgery without any complications so it's obviously a concern when things aren't straightforward. Having spent the last six months supporting my Mr T with all his eye issues, & knowing how unpleasant it is when the medication causes problems, she has my empathy. I also understand the empty nest situation; I got used to the girls leaving home but I'd be lost without a pet, even though our dratted Sox has killed two dunnock fledglings this week & is in disgrace.

Is it me ? or does the grammar not sound quite right on that plaque. ....... Family is like branches .....

not wishing to denigrate local accents, but it sounds like a cockney has written this.
I know what you mean & I think it's American because they tend to use family as a general term. It might look better if it was 'Families are like branches...' or 'Our family is like branches...'.

Drama Queen can’t wear make up.
Move on many people have this procedure done,without making a big fuss.
They're still not allowed to wear make up, my husband had this explained to him three times! The medication didn't suit her & as she's got a blood cancer she obviously has to be careful about reactions; if she had an increase in her eye pressure she'd have become ill quite quickly, my Mr T was a blue light to A&E because the paramedics thought he was having a stroke.

So many people have this surgery without any complications so it's obviously a concern when things aren't straightforward. Having spent the last six months supporting my Mr T with all his eye issues, & knowing how unpleasant it is when the medication causes problems, she has my empathy. I also understand the empty nest situation; I got used to the girls leaving home but I'd be lost without a pet, even though our dratted Sox has killed two dunnock fledglings this week & is in disgrace.

I know what you mean & I think it's American because they tend to use family as a general term. It might look better if it was 'Families are like branches...' or 'Our family is like branches...'.
Family is a collective noun so classed singularly, is is right in this instance.

Family is a collective noun so classed singularly, is is right in this instance.
Indeed, agree the “is” is correct for family as singular, but think following it with the plural branches doesn’t flow very well!

Would read better with definite article - family is like the branches of a tree..?

Or it could just be because it’s a naff sign - nice sentiment though!

I’m not a fan of the plaque however it’s written. Can’t bear twee tat
I’m not a fan of the plaque however it’s written. Can’t bear twee tat.
Nor me! My friend has plaques with inspirational sayings all over her house. Unfortunately, she also buys them for me. They never see the light of day. I also feel the same about t shirts with slogans or motives. I’m 71, and don’t want to go around stating things like ‘you are loved’ on clothes or jewellery.. (I know these are popular, don’t mean to offend!)

Nor me! My friend has plaques with inspirational sayings all over her house. Unfortunately, she also buys them for me. They never see the light of day. I also feel the same about t shirts with slogans or motives. I’m 71, and don’t want to go around stating things like ‘you are loved’ on clothes or jewellery.. (I know these are popular, don’t mean to offend!)
I am not one for the huggy huggy, kissy kissy, you are loved lot either. I can love people without shouting it out on a t shirt and actually there are a ton of people I definitely don't love. Not even close :LOL:

CC

Was going to post a screenshot of Julia wearing the MW dress in the 2pm Nina Leonard hour, but the picture of her looked positively rude.
Julia really needs to closely assess the undergarment she is wearing if the dress on top is stretched so much as to reveal all of the undergarment detailing.

Just awful. It showed every bra line and she definitely needed at least one dress size up.
Well, I didn't like to comment but thought it looked at least 2 sizes too small. The pockets were pulling and when she turned around, well, that's another story.........

Julia looked like a giant puddle of duck poo & JJ should be told that only Diana nailed the pink & red look.

I don't know why they're trying to plug that dreadful dress at every opportunity. It's a weird shape, has a weird pattern and comes in a choice of sludgy colours. I don't think I've seen a single person who actually looks good in it. It accentuates every lump and bump (even if you haven't got any) Julia has quite a few lumps and bumps and this dress shows up every single one of them, plus a few extra ones! Does she look in the mirror before she goes on air? If she does then it's obviously not a full length one!!!

I don't know why they're trying to plug that dreadful dress at every opportunity. It's a weird shape, has a weird pattern and comes in a choice of sludgy colours. I don't think I've seen a single person who actually looks good in it. It accentuates every lump and bump (even if you haven't got any) Julia has quite a few lumps and bumps and this dress shows up every single one of them, plus a few extra ones! Does she look in the mirror before she goes on air? If she does then it's obviously not a full length one!!!
Merryone didn't you know she inherited the Wicked Queen from Snow White's magic mirror

Latest posts

Back