Oh for heaven's sake.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Vonda gets on my t..ts at the best of times, but she's outshining herself this morning with the amount of time she refers to me as 'guys'.

I don't live in America, and when I got up I discovered I was still female and hadn't morphed into a 'guy' overnight, yet Vonda and the awful Chloe persist in referring to me as such. This term is permeating throughout most presenter led tv programmes , and I concede that its the norm to most under 45 year olds who think nothing of it. But if I'm referred to as such in real life then I do call out on it - and politely.

Incensed and with the red mist coming down, I fired this off to QVC............

"As we don't live in America, and the last time I looked I am not a 'guy', is there the slightest chance that Presenters and Guests (Vonda of Skechers and Chloe are particular users of the word) can refrain from using the term when referring to the viewers.

I would hazard a guess that most viewers/customers are in the older age group, so although it may be 'cool' to use the term, its also slightly disrespectful. I spent many years in a customer based industry and referring to customers/clients as 'guys' was certainly not acceptable.

Its all very well being 'matey', and clearly the younger presenters are there to chase the potential younger viewers/customers, but language is equally important.

Your customer care and operating team on the telephone are brilliant in their manners, so why cant the on air team be equally polite ?

Vonda gets on my t..ts at the best of times, but she's outshining herself this morning with the amount of time she refers to me as 'guys'.

I don't live in America, and when I got up I discovered I was still female and hadn't morphed into a 'guy' overnight, yet Vonda and the awful Chloe persist in referring to me as such. This term is permeating throughout most presenter led tv programmes , and I concede that its the norm to most under 45 year olds who think nothing of it. But if I'm referred to as such in real life then I do call out on it - and politely.

Incensed and with the red mist coming down, I fired this off to QVC............

"As we don't live in America, and the last time I looked I am not a 'guy', is there the slightest chance that Presenters and Guests (Vonda of Skechers and Chloe are particular users of the word) can refrain from using the term when referring to the viewers.

I would hazard a guess that most viewers/customers are in the older age group, so although it may be 'cool' to use the term, its also slightly disrespectful. I spent many years in a customer based industry and referring to customers/clients as 'guys' was certainly not acceptable.

Its all very well being 'matey', and clearly the younger presenters are there to chase the potential younger viewers/customers, but language is equally important.

Your customer care and operating team on the telephone are brilliant in their manners, so why cant the on air team be equally polite ?
Excellent, hopefully you'll receive a reply & something will be done. These two guys are as crass as each other.

What a coincidence !

Just reading the letters page in today's D/Mail, and a lady called Hazel writes...... "Americanisms? my pet hate is being called "you guys" as I am female, a woman, not a guy"

I promise its not me. But I'm clearly not alone in this.

Latest posts

Back