Oh for pity’s sake!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wrapping presents in paper demo to show the faff compared with chucking in a gift bag :rolleyes:

Sadly they’ve always done that with the gift bags. What I can’t stand is the fact that the presenter, who is given wrapping paper etc, always bleats on about not being able to find the end of the sellotape. Well, as they allegedly prepare for the shows 🙄 you would think that they’d find the end and turn it over before starting the preparation, but no ….. because this is QVC after all. 😉

The channel is becoming cringeworthy.

You give a gift in a bag. Ok. But do you write a message on the tag saying "this is reusable, please do so". er no, so realistically how many will ACTUALLY reuse it ? its not like a sturdy card bag that comes with the gift, which yes I do reuse when given a nice one, but a tinfoil one ? probably not.

Why don't they buy a seletape dispenser? Stops looking for the end.

I knew someone who wrapped parcels with cloth "squares". She had various shapes cut all ready all edges neatly hemed, so only the sticky tape was waste. She didn't mind if kept the cloth from a gift but was always thrilled if you handed it back. Within her household each person had their own coloured cloths so you knew which were your parcels. I loved visiting to see all the gifts wrapped. She did a lot in cracker type parcels so no need for tape. She'd not be amused by the fake rubbish at packing stints. I thought was a great idea. At the time it was odd but look at all the waste she's saved over the years, this was back in the mid 1990s.

Are these bags recyclable I doubt it. At least with paper its not going into landfill.
Our council won't take gift wrap in the paper recycle it has to go in the ordinary bin. We always get a reminder just before Christmas. I do use gift bags and re-use the ones I get. Some have been passed back and forwards a number of years.

I sit on the floor, surrounded by wrapping paper and a sellotape dispenser and set to with the wrapping. I love it, it's part of Christmas. I buy a couple of new gift bags every year, but mostly the bags are recycled round the family each year. I don't like these bags they sell on Q at all. I don't mind the mess I'm quite capable of making at all. It's part of the lead up to Christmas.

My youngest son loves to make his partner`s Christmas present as difficult to open as possible. He usually finds umpteen old supermarket cardboard boxes which all fit into one another Russian doll style and he stuffs each box with shredded paper from his office shredder and then he wraps each box in layers of old newspaper and then the final box he wraps in newspaper covered with yards of that thick broad parcel tape. Don`t know how the poor lass puts up with him and I`ve told him if he ever dares do the same to my Christmas present off him then he`ll end up buried under the patio in one of his many boxes !

My youngest son loves to make his partner`s Christmas present as difficult to open as possible. He usually finds umpteen old supermarket cardboard boxes which all fit into one another Russian doll style and he stuffs each box with shredded paper from his office shredder and then he wraps each box in layers of old newspaper and then the final box he wraps in newspaper covered with yards of that thick broad parcel tape. Don`t know how the poor lass puts up with him and I`ve told him if he ever dares do the same to my Christmas present off him then he`ll end up buried under the patio in one of his many boxes !
On the other hand, I make mine as easy to open as possible, so every bit of Sellotape has the end turned over so it is easy to peel off, and often I draw an arrow to show which way to pull it.

Doing this makes it easy for me and OH to keep using the same wrapping paper every Christmas until it becomes too small to use again. Or am I joking?

I sit on the floor, surrounded by wrapping paper and a sellotape dispenser and set to with the wrapping. I love it, it's part of Christmas. I buy a couple of new gift bags every year, but mostly the bags are recycled round the family each year. I don't like these bags they sell on Q at all. I don't mind the mess I'm quite capable of making at all. It's part of the lead up to Christmas.
And, let's not forget the fun of our 4 cats sitting on the paper and refusing to get off, tossing the bows round the room and running off with the gift tags. Just part of a normal Christmas here. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back