Oh for pity’s sake!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've used my ironing board for decades to wrap gifts. it saves getting back ache when wrapping on the d/room table. If I sat on the floor I'd still be there at Easter !!!

I've used my ironing board for all sorts of stuff. So useful as a temporary table anywhere in the house. If someone is in bed not very ill mainly needs bed rest, they can use it to eat off, spare table if desk gets full, when sorting a big shelf out, but don't put too many full 2kg kilner jars - please don't, I've done many a manicure, in a hotel can eat your eats off it, just use a towel for a table cloth. I'd never be with an ironing table.

I've used my ironing board for decades to wrap gifts. it saves getting back ache when wrapping on the d/room table. If I sat on the floor I'd still be there at Easter !!!
I did that for years for years because it's at the perfect height. I now wrap everything in tissue paper & then put them into bags. The very few that have to have the paper secured are given a small piece of paper tape; the one for Christmas has a snowflake print & all other gifts have one that's printed with little houses.

And, let's not forget the fun of our 4 cats sitting on the paper and refusing to get off, tossing the bows round the room and running off with the gift tags. Just part of a normal Christmas here. :LOL:
One year our house bunny unwrapped the presents behind me on the couch whilst I was wrapping the rest, I thought she was just playing with a scrunched ball of paper I gave her :eek::ROFLMAO:

One year our house bunny unwrapped the presents behind me on the couch whilst I was wrapping the rest, I thought she was just playing with a scrunched ball of paper I gave her :eek::ROFLMAO:
How clever, I just love bunnies. Many years ago we had a dear little cat who liked everyone except my MIL so I wasn't surprised when she peed all over her gifts; it was the fact that she knew they were for her that baffled me 🤔

I tend to buy bags/paper which will cover all occasions and gender and try to recover them if possible as some people (usually men) don’t seem interested in keeping fancy packaging.

Why don't they buy a seletape dispenser? Stops looking for the end.

I knew someone who wrapped parcels with cloth "squares". She had various shapes cut all ready all edges neatly hemed, so only the sticky tape was waste. She didn't mind if kept the cloth from a gift but was always thrilled if you handed it back. Within her household each person had their own coloured cloths so you knew which were your parcels. I loved visiting to see all the gifts wrapped. She did a lot in cracker type parcels so no need for tape. She'd not be amused by the fake rubbish at packing stints. I thought was a great idea. At the time it was odd but look at all the waste she's saved over the years, this was back in the mid 1990s.

Great idea!
Sounds a lot like Japanese “Furoshiki” fabric cloths which were traditionally used to both wrap gifts and wrap items to transport them...

I think now it’s seen a resurgence as an eco - and beautiful - way to wrap presents.

We always used newspapers (nothing too colourful or tabloid!) or brown Kraft paper paper which was at least fully recyclable. And you can add ribbon or other embellishment to tie it.

But agree it’s very irritating when the presenters try so hard to be cack-handed wrapping gifts against the clock...

They also seem to wait at least 20 seconds before starting so that when they do, the one with the gift bags has already finished!

When I wrap anything it looks like fish and chips - "salt and vinegar with that?"
My daughters have always been really good at wrapping presents so for years they did every one; when they went to uni I had to get out the ironing board & try to match their stylish creations.

Latest posts

Back