OH, Pleeeeease !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Me too Muttley., its part of the Lupus I've suffered 30 years with. Few people even know what Lupus is, and I read the other day that Katherine Ryan, the Canadian comedian also has it, and I think there was an actress in Little House on the Prairie who was a sufferer too, but by and large its still very much on the periphery of fashionable health issues.
You poor thing to have suffered for 30 years. As you say its not well known and sadly not "fashionable". There's a lot of suffering out there and we just get on with it x

Yes I've got Osteoarthritis in my hip, due for a hip replacement in August. I wish they'd cover things like that which, as you say, is more common as you get older.
Definitely, these things do happen as we age. I still think older people are sidelined in society and the issues we deal with are not really highlighted. Hope the hip replacement goes well.

I know in the news over the past months about a shortage of HRT.

I have a new one, have to take what most call the bone tablet Alendronic Acid for osteoporosis. I take it once a week and daily take my vitamin D and calcium prescription. So ordered my prescription over two weeks ago, and they are unable to get any. Now different manufacturers but none have the Alendronic Acid my chemist has tried all the wholesalers and none have it. They have asked when I last had a bone scan, I think it was 2019 but might have been 2018? Okay, this tablet is annoying to take once a week you must sit upright and an hour before food, I cannot take any other of my tablets with it as I feel really sick. So that means I have to take about 6 or 7 tablets all in one go, usually I take some before breakfast and the others after breakfast, splitting them up. I doubt it is just Northern Ireland having the problem, so thousands of women in the UK will face the same thing.

I know in the news over the past months about a shortage of HRT.

I have a new one, have to take what most call the bone tablet Alendronic Acid for osteoporosis. I take it once a week and daily take my vitamin D and calcium prescription. So ordered my prescription over two weeks ago, and they are unable to get any. Now different manufacturers but none have the Alendronic Acid my chemist has tried all the wholesalers and none have it. They have asked when I last had a bone scan, I think it was 2019 but might have been 2018? Okay, this tablet is annoying to take once a week you must sit upright and an hour before food, I cannot take any other of my tablets with it as I feel really sick. So that means I have to take about 6 or 7 tablets all in one go, usually I take some before breakfast and the others after breakfast, splitting them up. I doubt it is just Northern Ireland having the problem, so thousands of women in the UK will face the same thing.

My mum takes Alendronic Acid but not mentioned any shortages over here (in UK)? Have to ask her to check.

Yes it’s a pain to take but definitely worth it. Her osteoporosis is severe and alongside several other conditions...
Plus she’s unable to take certain painkillers because of it?

Am worried I’ll get osteoporosis too - still early forties but got every risk factor going!

Hope you can get your meds soon... it’s so scary when there’s a shortage.
I’ve had that with a couple of my meds.

You do become a pro at taking multiple pills at once - I take about 7 or 8 morning and night. I like to see how many I can swallow in one go! 😉

And to think I used not to be able to take one panadol as a child!

You poor thing to have suffered for 30 years. As you say its not well known and sadly not "fashionable". There's a lot of suffering out there and we just get on with it x

Definitely, these things do happen as we age. I still think older people are sidelined in society and the issues we deal with are not really highlighted. Hope the hip replacement goes well.
Thank you Muttley :)

There is a serial on BBC Radio 4 called something like "28ish days" following the whole cycle, but I haven't had chance to listen to any of it yet, I think an episode was on today.
I just started listening to this!

I meant to listen live to some of it but didn’t manage it so I’ve listened to the first 2 episodes on Sounds app.

It’s interesting ‘concept’ and quite educational!

There is a serial on BBC Radio 4 called something like "28ish days" following the whole cycle, but I haven't had chance to listen to any of it yet, I think an episode was on today.
I just started listening to this!

I meant to listen live to some of it but didn’t manage it so I’ve listened to the first 2 episodes on Sounds app.

It’s interesting ‘concept’ and quite educational!

ANOTHER EMAIL - "We're here to support your menopause journey".

I've just fired off a reply. " No, you're ****** not! I'm passed the menopause - its not a journey its a fact of life, its not an illness its a fact of life, so stop jumping on the latest money making bandwagon "

ANOTHER EMAIL - "We're here to support your menopause journey".

I've just fired off a reply. " No, you're ****** not! I'm passed the menopause - its not a journey its a fact of life, its not an illness its a fact of life, so stop jumping on the latest money making bandwagon "
I’m getting them daily and they are starting to pee me off as I’m past it and more importantly Q are the last organisation I would be looking to for help and feel insulted that they would presume that their tat peddlers pushing sales would be what a person going through it needs.

Well I never got any memo 😆 and glad I didn’t. Happened to turn over the other day and there they were on sofas…presenters, co-presenters…no idea who half of them were. Cabbage piped up about some “tool” women could use and was quickly shot down by the woman on the pelvic machine. I think Cabbage really looked uncomfortable as if she didn’t want to discuss it. Not sure it has been thought through properly.

I too am sick to death of getting e mails, and all this sudden obsession with the menopause. I’ve just read an article on QVC stories by someone called Gabriella Espinosa, and quite honestly, words fail me. I’ve no idea who this woman is, and how she is connected to QVC, but what on earth has all this got to do with a shopping channel? Has anyone else read this, what are your views? Is it just me ? I’m also getting alarmed about the way adverts on main tv channels are heading, too graphic, woman sitting on the loo, blood on period pads, men’s erectile problems etc. I know that these problems shouldn’t be hidden away, but too graphic when you’re eating, or watching tv with your 13 year old grandson!

I too am sick to death of getting e mails, and all this sudden obsession with the menopause. I’ve just read an article on QVC stories by someone called Gabriella Espinosa, and quite honestly, words fail me. I’ve no idea who this woman is, and how she is connected to QVC, but what on earth has all this got to do with a shopping channel? Has anyone else read this, what are your views? Is it just me ? I’m also getting alarmed about the way adverts on main tv channels are heading, too graphic, woman sitting on the loo, blood on period pads, men’s erectile problems etc. I know that these problems shouldn’t be hidden away, but too graphic when you’re eating, or watching tv with your 13 year old grandson!
Unsubscribe from their mailingist then.

My mum takes Alendronic Acid but not mentioned any shortages over here (in UK)? Have to ask her to check.

Yes it’s a pain to take but definitely worth it. Her osteoporosis is severe and alongside several other conditions...
Plus she’s unable to take certain painkillers because of it?

Am worried I’ll get osteoporosis too - still early forties but got every risk factor going!

Hope you can get your meds soon... it’s so scary when there’s a shortage.
I’ve had that with a couple of my meds.

You do become a pro at taking multiple pills at once - I take about 7 or 8 morning and night. I like to see how many I can swallow in one go! 😉

And to think I used not to be able to take one panadol as a child!
Still no sign of chemists here being able to get alendronic acid, so my chemist told me to phone my doctor and talk to the receptionist. There is a different table they can give it seems. So phoned yesterday and explained. Let's see what happens?

Still no sign of chemists here being able to get alendronic acid, so my chemist told me to phone my doctor and talk to the receptionist. There is a different table they can give it seems. So phoned yesterday and explained. Let's see what happens?
Ah good luck - fingers crossed for you.

Don’t seem to be any issues with getting hold of it over here - yet! X

Well I never got any memo 😆 and glad I didn’t. Happened to turn over the other day and there they were on sofas…presenters, co-presenters…no idea who half of them were. Cabbage piped up about some “tool” women could use and was quickly shot down by the woman on the pelvic machine. I think Cabbage really looked uncomfortable as if she didn’t want to discuss it. Not sure it has been thought through properly.
Who or what is Cabbage?!

Latest posts

Back