Ojon V Elasticizer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mollymoo

Registered Shopper
I watched the elasticizer on beauty channel and realised I don't think I'd used mine properly or enough. So washed my hair and it's fab. But I have a tub of Ojon to use as well - it's unused at the minute so I could put it on fleabay.
I have coloured, medium length quite thick hair - is Ojon better than Elasticizer? I'm tempted with buying the litre size for free p & p.
Any thoughts ladies?
Thanks Mollymoo

Had same thoughts about how you use the
elasticizer so got the litre bottle - it arrived
in 2 days. Used Ojon last Sunday and elasticizer
this Wednesday and both overnight treatments.
Elasticiser less smelly, less discolouring and
appears to be more longer lasting effect
on my hair but have only used the once. I
intend to use it once a week as a night
treatment.

I have used both and both have good results but........... after much investigating you get an even better result if you use pure cold pressed argan oil easily available on the net and much much cheaper (especially ebay) or try avocado oil really good for skin too, try a facial massage with it, got it because it is the principle ingredient in opi s avoplex and its brilliant on hair, both oils best if you put them on dry cleanish skin, ie. not too much build up and leave them on overnight the shine is amazing or better still try neutral coloured henna the condition is amazing, messy but amazing.

er, should have mentioned I got the avocado oil initially for my nails but now use it eveywhere, really cheap from I Herb though you may sometimes get stung for import taxes, and you should wash the argan oil or avocado oil out.

Had same thoughts about how you use the
elasticizer so got the litre bottle - it arrived
in 2 days. Used Ojon last Sunday and elasticizer
this Wednesday and both overnight treatments.
Elasticiser less smelly, less discolouring and
appears to be more longer lasting effect
on my hair but have only used the once. I
intend to use it once a week as a night
treatment.

Does it really affect the colour of the hair? I got a try me set from QVC with a tube of elasticiser in it but haven't used it yet.

I've used it again and my colour does look better - the woman said not to use it 2-3 days before getting colour done - so presume you have to wash your hair without it then to get rid of it from the last time?
I do like the feel of my hair etc though with it, now I know what to do - must admit I'm naughty for just getting stuff and using it without looking properly at instructions - I do it with everything!!!!
Mollymoo

I've tried both and much prefer Elasticizer. I have coloured short hair and I'm fickle with the colour. The hair that I have right now has been red, chocolate brown and blonde! I love the Philip Kingsley range. It doesn't have much of a scent - just a clean one, really. And my hair feels fuller, holds its shape longer and behaves itself much better when I use it. I also have shiny, glossy hair all the time - not something I had even before I began whacking chemicals on it. I don't need to remember when to re-treat it because I can tell in my own hair if I've gone too long between treatments. I, and my hairdressers, are convinced that my colour lasts much longer too. I am a bit evangelical about it, because I have found it so good. And, yes, I bought the 1litre bottle too.

When I went from dark ash brown back to blonde with colour b4* I corresponded with its creator Scott Cornwall and he recommended elasticiser to "repair" the damage and to minimise oxidation after the process which can cause external elements like pollution fixing inside the stripped hair shaft in place of the removed colour. (sorry not a very technical explanation, he explained it better) So I used Elasticiser for a couple of weeks and my hair was fine to take another hair colourant. I used up the rest as after shampoo conditioner and it seemd to work as well after shampooing as a treatment as it does before.
Now my hair's in good condition I find Elasticiser and ojon too faffy and I get good results with Wen and only need one stage to cleanse and condition my hair.

Jude xx

* off topic: Colourb4 - there's a thread on thestudentroom with replies from Scott Cornwall from post #27 on this thread if anyone needs info about removing colour (except XL Live colour). http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1056768&highlight=scott+cornwall There's lots of complaints it didn't work but it was fine for me but the rinsing needs timing accurately and takes ages. It takes your colour back to orange (the colour left by the lift depending on the % peroxide in the dye originally used) but as a base colour it takes re-dying well if you can face a week or two recovery period with carrotty hair

Akimbo I also have used Wen and had good results,Loreal have now bought out a one stage cleanse and condition which I have just started using,not sure when it will be launched in the UK,Ojon has never really done much for my hair.
Lynn

Thanks for the heads up Lynn, I'll keep and eye out for the L'Oreal version. Mind you I bought a year's supply of wen in their Christmas/New Year sale.

Jude xx

Sorry dollydimple- I was referring to the state of my pillow if I leave Ojon
on overnight! The elasticiser has left my hair lovely and glossy. I am
lucky that my reheaded genes have meant
the colour has faded to blonde but I do
any grey.

Latest posts

Back