Ojon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cupcake

Registered Shopper
So ... I purchased the recent TSV, had great results for the first few days - hair was shiny, soft and bouncy. Since then, I've started noticing my hair has been going drier than usual. Wasn't sure if it was the conditioner, or the treatment - turns out it the conditioner. My hair is, or rather was, in pretty good nick but now it feels like straw! Anyone else had trouble with the kit? Never had any problems with the Tawaka! Unfortunately I chucked the box so cannot return it.

So ... I purchased the recent TSV, had great results for the first few days - hair was shiny, soft and bouncy. Since then, I've started noticing my hair has been going drier than usual. Wasn't sure if it was the conditioner, or the treatment - turns out it the conditioner. My hair is, or rather was, in pretty good nick but now it feels like straw! Anyone else had trouble with the kit? Never had any problems with the Tawaka! Unfortunately I chucked the box so cannot return it.

I agree with you 100%..this kit is truly awful.My normally quite shiny hair was turned into a dry dull lank looking mess.
I have never had such terrible results from hair products.
Back to my Body Shop Bilberry then!!

What has happened - I have never had any problems with Ojon before.
Was the conditioner the Ultra Hydrating or teh Tawaka?
Seems very odd.
I know they always said that no two products were ever identical, due to teh differences in harvest, but not heard anything like this before.
Ojon are now owned by Estee Lauder so don't know if any formulations have changed.
Very interesting (and sorry about your hair)

What has happened - I have never had any problems with Ojon before.
Was the conditioner the Ultra Hydrating or teh Tawaka?
Seems very odd.
I know they always said that no two products were ever identical, due to teh differences in harvest, but not heard anything like this before.
Ojon are now owned by Estee Lauder so don't know if any formulations have changed.
Very interesting (and sorry about your hair)

It was the ultra hydrating one from the recent tsv. I wasn't sure if it was the leave in treatment or not so I left that off one day and hair felt dry. Tried tried the leave in treatment after I'd used Aveda yesterday and hair was okay so I am guessing it be the conditioner Maybe I am not using enough of it, although that said, I used more than usual this AM (after using restorative treatment last night) and it feels dry.

Ah well - back to the Tawaka! At least I tried it - just a shame the initial results (which were amazing!) didn't last :)

I've had the very same expereince, my v dry curly hair can just about cope with high street brands (moved to MOP c system and seems okay) but just went dry, frizzy and very smelly with this. Will be going back tomorrow

Thanks BS. Not sure I have a big box ... will have to have a hunt around!

Cupcake why dont you just wrap some bubble wrap round and put it in a black bag. It wont matter about a box as long as the products are returned. I would return if in the 30 day money back guarantee so you can use your money for something else.

Cupcake why dont you just wrap some bubble wrap round and put it in a black bag. It wont matter about a box as long as the products are returned. I would return if in the 30 day money back guarantee so you can use your money for something else.

That's an idea, thanks! I will hunt around the office and see if I can find a box here that I can use. Will use bag if I can't. Thanks again Dazzler x

Have always thought that these 'treatment' shampoos, conditioners, elasticisers/rituals etc should only be used once a week and a fairly basic shampoo/conditioner the rest of the time. Have said elsewhere in a thread (so pls forgive repetition) that I love Ojon, some PK and use Philosophy Shear Splendor the rest of the time.

omg i thought it was just me...
i bought ojon many years ago when it was first launched and the shampoo and conditioner were absolutely fantastic. now i noticed that my hair was so very dry after washing it...not the same result at all...
not sure about the leave in stuff either....the ojon restorative oil is still as fabs as ever will get that on e-bay but will not buy anything else in the range very disappointed!

I got the tsv i find the leave on conditioner can make my hair look greasy and appear as if i have not washed it! so much for ali young and dennis saying it does not make your hair greasy or lank?

I bought 2 and sent them back, the new leave in stuff made me itch. (QVC would not collect free as it wasn't their fault I itched with their products) Never a huge fan of the treatment paste, took me forever to wash it out. I thought I was crazy, but the shampoo, which I had used many times before, smelled different and my hair felt dry afterwards. Just wondering if now the company has been sold they have changed anything in the formulas?

I bought 2 and sent them back, the new leave in stuff made me itch. (QVC would not collect free as it wasn't their fault I itched with their products) Never a huge fan of the treatment paste, took me forever to wash it out. I thought I was crazy, but the shampoo, which I had used many times before, smelled different and my hair felt dry afterwards. Just wondering if now the company has been sold they have changed anything in the formulas?

well they are owned now by another company so they may have changed something.

It was the ultra hydrating one from the recent tsv. I wasn't sure if it was the leave in treatment or not so I left that off one day and hair felt dry. Tried tried the leave in treatment after I'd used Aveda yesterday and hair was okay so I am guessing it be the conditioner Maybe I am not using enough of it, although that said, I used more than usual this AM (after using restorative treatment last night) and it feels dry.

Ah well - back to the Tawaka! At least I tried it - just a shame the initial results (which were amazing!) didn't last :)

All I can say Cupcake is that I adored the UH range - you could actually feel it softening and conditioning your hair as you put it on - simply lovely. Since we stopped selling it, I have started using the Trilogy shampoo and conditioner and I really like it. I am also liking the Alterna range - but v expensive

My 18 year old son has now tried it....His verdict "I'm not using that sh**te again"!!!:33:

Yes but aren't they marvellously useful? If one is hesitant about something yet even a grasping, always broke themselves, take-it-off-your-hands teenager won't touch it with the proverbial bargepole, it's time to pack it up & return it.....'cos it really is sh*te! lol

I would trust my girls' opinions above any SA or presenter's word as they've never let me down yet! I even occasionally chuck in a 'reverse placebo', just to see if they're really concentrating but they're never fooled & unlike my own ditherings, their decisions are firm & instantaneous! Gotta love 'em!

no probs

Hi,
My hair has never been so good as it is with Ojon. I use Tawaks and UH, but don't use the glossing etc. My hairdresser has raved about the ciondition of my hair since Ojon. I like the new leave in conditioner too.

:1::1::1:

Me too - no probs

Ditto from me.
My hair is in the best nick ever using Tawaka/UH and all the new stuff .
I have thick very curly corkscrew hair , and I think ojon is the best thing I have ever bought from qvc.

Latest posts

Back