old guests versus new guests

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loubylou

PJ's bestie :)
just reading smashbox thread mentioned daniel and timber got me thinking anyone else really prefer the old guests they used to have for various brands example i preferred lee for philosophy than robin loved ian for philip kingsley better than the guy they have now and definetly do not prefer new guy instead of denis for ojon come back denis! why do they change them for the worst? or is there some you actually prefer? be interesting

Well Lee from Philosophy has to be a BIG one. The brand sort of died after he went, no real variety of products etc. He did distribute Philosophy in the UK so had a lot of say in what was sold and where.

Timber and Daniel from Smashbox real gentlemen devoted to the brand.

What did happen to Ian for Philip K,he had a good sense of humour,must admit the guest I miss the most is Lee he was lovely.
Lynn

Lee was the best ever guest,I think most of us are agreed on that as he is often mentioned on other threads. I used to like Carolyn from the early days of Decleor and also when Noella herself used to present Elemis.PK is not the same without Ian so don't really watch that any more, just goes to show that the guest they have on can make or break a brand on qvc.

For me it's Lee from philosophy. He had such enthusiasm for the products, he made you want to try them. He was a lovely guy too! I haven't bought philosophy since he left. I don't even watch the philosophy hours now.
I also liked the lady that sold kipling, think she was called Lorraine. I preferred Lorraine Winslade that was on with sbc, she always looked so polished. Also used to like Helen Harvey from Nails Inc although I really like Heather thats on now. I thought Helen was supposed to be coming back on QVC with something else.

For me it's Lee from philosophy. He had such enthusiasm for the products, he made you want to try them. He was a lovely guy too! I haven't bought philosophy since he left. I don't even watch the philosophy hours now.
I also liked the lady that sold kipling, think she was called Lorraine. I preferred Lorraine Winslade that was on with sbc, she always looked so polished. Also used to like Helen Harvey from Nails Inc although I really like Heather thats on now. I thought Helen was supposed to be coming back on QVC with something else.

I preferred Lorraine with SBC too.

There seems to be a gradual move away from actual brand employees/representatives; Lorraine actually worked for Kipling and really knew her stuff and was able to answer questions about past designs not just the one on show, towards actress/model/wannabee presenters like Marie-Francoise.

I liked Bonnie who used to present Elemis; agree about SBC's Lorraine, Philosophy's Lee and Decleor's Carolyn. I prefer the Mally shows with just Teeni (sp?) and I'm equally happy to watch Johnnie and Laura Geller.

We're not stupid and I'd rather be spoken to by someone knowledgable about the products not just another sales person, and there's only so much Mally/Ali shouting competitions I can take!

Jude xx

I loved Timber on the Smashbox shows, but always detected some tension between him and Alison Young, he seemed to irritate her.

There seems to be a gradual move away from actual brand employees/representatives; Lorraine actually worked for Kipling and really knew her stuff and was able to answer questions about past designs not just the one on show, towards actress/model/wannabee presenters like Marie-Francoise.

I liked Bonnie who used to present Elemis; agree about SBC's Lorraine, Philosophy's Lee and Decleor's Carolyn. I prefer the Mally shows with just Teeni (sp?) and I'm equally happy to watch Johnnie and Laura Geller.

We're not stupid and I'd rather be spoken to by someone knowledgable about the products not just another sales person, and there's only so much Mally/Ali shouting competitions I can take!

Jude xx

Just because the guest does not actually work for the brand does not mean they don't know very much about it. A friend of mine from my days doing am dram is the guest on the Tom Tom shows. (he's a real sweetie-hi James if you read these posts). James has lots of things on the go at once, but he knows about the brand he fronts. I reckon they should start him fronting a beauty brand.....lol. My guess is they can pay them less, just per appearance, they get someone with some TV experience (James has), and there is no ongoing retainer if QVC end up stopping selling Tom Tom as a brand.

Latest posts

Back