OMG its NOT polyester!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flamenco

Registered Shopper
Whilst I was on my usual jaunt around my local car boot sale I came across this:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx?view=2&app=detail&params=item^139781,navlist^139781*154481*153177*100057*,cm_scid^dtlr

Rather liking it, but fearing it was 100% polyester (it has a bit of a sheen to it), I quickly looked at the label inside, and shock, horror, read "100% VISCOSE"!

I was stunned. The first QVC item of clothing I have encountered NOT made from polyester! The seller wanted a quid for it, so I promptly bought it, took it home, washed and ironed it and hey presto am wearing it as I speak. Its lovely! I am impressed!

On another note, it is a 3XL and I am between an XL and 2XL and the sleeves are a little tight around the lower arms, but other than that its great. I wouldn't have paid £25 plus p&p full price, and probably not £12.50 plus p&p (its the costs of returns that puts me off any clothes from QVC) but a quid was a nice little bargain!

The Kim & Co original "slinky" fabric is viscose with a small percentage of elastane. I have loads of her vest tops and wear one most days, even slept in them on holiday and they don't make me sweaty. I completely agree QVC should offer more fabric ranges but garments in non-stretchy fabrics would be less forgiving if a body shape doesn't exactly match the garment's tailoring and result in more returns. I assume this is the reasoning behind all the stretch clothing.

Exellent find Flamenco you can't beat a good boot sale find...and also a good place to sell on those stupid QVC purchases!

Jude xx

Wow, that's excellent Flameco, well spotted, I love a good 'bargain' tale I do.....! :up:
Reading the reviews, the sizing does seem to be somewhat off with that item, several others complaining that they had to return for another one two sizes up from their norm!
I love viscose too, nice & cool as you say, easy to care for & non-static! :cool:

slightly off topic but i also found myself a bargain on saturday a wallis maxi dress rrp £85 but got it for a tenner off the market was well made up with my find

I have never brought clothing from any of the chanels but i do sometimes have a look at the programms

slightly off topic but i also found myself a bargain on saturday a wallis maxi dress rrp £85 but got it for a tenner off the market was well made up with my find

I have never brought clothing from any of the chanels but i do sometimes have a look at the programms

Nice one Madge, finding a 'bargain' is so much more exciting than just picking something off a rail at the RRP I always think & that was most definitely, a 'bargain'! :sun:

Latest posts

Back