ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PennyPitStop

Registered Shopper
Does anyone have an Oodie?

Are they worth it?

Any good fakey ones about?

Is the kudd.ly better?

Someone looking for a person to get in a group to buy six?

If you buy one it's currently £59. But you can get six for £252 (£42 each).

This is a FOMO and Nanny McFee (oh I enjoy that term now). I am really cold 99% of the time. My Mother a retired nurse does question if I'm still alive as I'm so very cold so often.

Are they worth it?

Is the kudd.ly better?

This is a FOMO and Nanny McFee (oh I enjoy that term now). I am really cold 99% of the time. My Mother a retired nurse does question if I'm still alive as I'm so very cold so often.
WTF is an Oodie? Sounds like a sex toy!!!

It is a huge overgrowth hoodie. But to be worn at home as "loungewear". Not really a dressing gown. Not a onesie.

After reading on FB about a new range of "buzzing" gadgets coming to Poundland in the new year I feel someone is hinting something at me.

Attachments

• Penguin_78015_345x345@2x.jpg
    [email protected]
    49.2 KB · Views: 286

Are they worth it?

Is the kudd.ly better?

I was very cold and I had a blood test and was diagnosed with an underfunctioning thyroid. I take levothyroxine now. I am still a cold person but not as much

I was very cold and I had a blood test and was diagnosed with an underfunctioning thyroid. I take levothyroxine now. I am still a cold person but not as much

Thank you. Mine is a result of a head injury. It is as if the but controlling my thermostat has been bumped down a few degrees. I spoke to a neurologist and he'd never heard of that as a symptom. Not willing to investigate either. Not one of the three neurologists I've seen was able to pick up vertigo. Vertigo after a head injury - who would have thought that was a possibility? I've no time for the three neurologists I've seen. Two in particular were just indescribably useless.

I've had a thyroid test a few times and it always come back as low but not low enough for medication. So I live in a world of fleece and hot water bottles, and still cold.

Thank you. Mine is a result of a head injury. It is as if the but controlling my thermostat has been bumped down a few degrees. I spoke to a neurologist and he'd never heard of that as a symptom. Not willing to investigate either. Not one of the three neurologists I've seen was able to pick up vertigo. Vertigo after a head injury - who would have thought that was a possibility? I've no time for the three neurologists I've seen. Two in particular were just indescribably useless.

I've had a thyroid test a few times and it always come back as low but not low enough for medication. So I live in a world of fleece and hot water bottles, and still cold.
Lidl is starting offering electric blankets from tomorrow

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/c/home-comforts/c1720/w2

Kelp (sea weed that contains natural iodine) is another thing to boost thyroid and is available in health food shops if this is of any help

Wow! Overpriced or what?

I couldn't cope with a large flapping thing like that getting in the way. It would catch on everything and get grubby very quickly.

I don't own a onesie either as I shiver at the thought of taking it all off to pee. With my dodgy bladder that would be multiple times a day of getting cold then having to warm back up.

My solution is cosy layers. I start with a vest then a thermal top. Add a fleecey t-shirt topped by my Aldi man's hooded fleece (it was on sale again in another colour a few weeks ago - £9.99 for a soft, fluffy fleece that washes like a dream even if I do have to roll up the sleeves). M&S Heatgen leggings under their men's fleece joggers (purely because I can't find women's fleece joggers with pockets - and they're cheaper than most of the women's stuff) and I'm toasty just to knock around in the house. They all wash. and dry quickly too.

The only things I can't keep warm are my lower legs and feet. They really do feel dead. They sometimes feel warm inside to me but Mr AE says they're ice blocks when I tuck them up against him in bed. The best way I've found so far is to put microwave beanbags in my sheepskin boots before putting them on. I've tried thermal socks but my feet sweat in them but don't warm up and there's little worse than soggy cold feet.

Except maybe an enormous flappy and stupidly overpriced cape. Just buy one of those fleece lounge wraps I've seen in M&S and (not for much longer, saddly) Debenhams. They wrap around closer and are easier to throw on and off. And cost a LOT less!

I don't know if it's preferable to be chilly & have to put on the layers or too warm & want to fling open the windows even when it's below freezing. The only time I ever feel cold is when I'm ill & then I'm probably only at anyone else's normal temperature. Water evaporates as soon as I get out of the shower, I can live quite happily without central heating & hot flushes send me into the garage to open the freezer. Strangely, even with all this heat, I still get chilblains.

I don't know if it's preferable to be chilly & have to put on the layers or too warm & want to fling open the windows even when it's below freezing. The only time I ever feel cold is when I'm ill & then I'm probably only at anyone else's normal temperature. Water evaporates as soon as I get out of the shower, I can live quite happily without central heating & hot flushes send me into the garage to open the freezer. Strangely, even with all this heat, I still get chilblains.

I open my windows every day despite feeling the cold. I love the fresh air coming in as I spend most days indoors.

I'm always cold unless I'm having a fairly rare flush (thanks to HRT). I'm shedding my layers like a rabid stripper then. I feel your pain with the chilblains. They're ****** horrible!

I open my windows every day despite feeling the cold. I love the fresh air coming in as I spend most days indoors.

I'm always cold unless I'm having a fairly rare flush (thanks to HRT). I'm shedding my layers like a rabid stripper then. I feel your pain with the chilblains. They're ****** horrible!
The most I ever had was 73. When they tingle I fight the urge to scratch them because they hurt so much. One of the staff at the farm shop we use has them on her hands & my cousin lived in such a cold student house that she had them on her nose & still has the scars.

Wow! Overpriced or what?

I couldn't cope with a large flapping thing like that getting in the way. It would catch on everything and get grubby very quickly.

I don't own a onesie either as I shiver at the thought of taking it all off to pee. With my dodgy bladder that would be multiple times a day of getting cold then having to warm back up.

My solution is cosy layers. I start with a vest then a thermal top. Add a fleecey t-shirt topped by my Aldi man's hooded fleece (it was on sale again in another colour a few weeks ago - £9.99 for a soft, fluffy fleece that washes like a dream even if I do have to roll up the sleeves). M&S Heatgen leggings under their men's fleece joggers (purely because I can't find women's fleece joggers with pockets - and they're cheaper than most of the women's stuff) and I'm toasty just to knock around in the house. They all wash. and dry quickly too.

The only things I can't keep warm are my lower legs and feet. They really do feel dead. They sometimes feel warm inside to me but Mr AE says they're ice blocks when I tuck them up against him in bed. The best way I've found so far is to put microwave beanbags in my sheepskin boots before putting them on. I've tried thermal socks but my feet sweat in them but don't warm up and there's little worse than soggy cold feet.

Except maybe an enormous flappy and stupidly overpriced cape. Just buy one of those fleece lounge wraps I've seen in M&S and (not for much longer, saddly) Debenhams. They wrap around closer and are easier to throw on and off. And cost a LOT less!
I can’t wear socks in bed either as my usually cold feet get too hot overnight BUT I have discovered leg warmers which warm up my lower legs and keep my feet at a reasonable temperature

Are they worth it?

Is the kudd.ly better?

A friend was given one for Xmas. As their boiler has just broken she is very happy in it yesterday

Latest posts

Back