oooo errrrr

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My proposal was in a pub visiting Kings Lynne one lunchtime before meeting the inlaws, he just a muttered 'I've been thinking maybe you and I should get engaged'- my heart leaped and my head said, is this the big moment. It was LOL, 25 years married -29th of this month.

My first marriage was proposed to quite quickly into the relationship I said yes, and we booked the registry office and then he backed out saying he was a bit hasty (charming!) and that I'd lose the benefits I was on a the time. I was gutted and wanted to tell him where to go, but didn't 'cause I couldn't bear the thought of having to move back home...We poodled along happily enough for the next 8 years then he asked me again....I literally agreed as it seemed like something to do...was utterly not excited about it. Very plain registry office ceremony with a handful of guests and drinks after at ours, cab home (could've been worse..the bus!). I wore a pink shift dress with matching jacket..nowt special. Went out for a meal in the evening then had a trip down to Bournemouth. One year later I left him for someone else...oops! We eventually divorced after having been separated for 5 years. Second marriage and tbh I can't actually remember who asked who..think we both decided the time was right. Registry office again but thankfully it had moved to a different venue (nicer) ..proper dress this time, proper reception,driven to in a car bedecked with ribbons, proper honeymoon, proper wedding cake (instead of a packet of angel slices from the local Co-op). Gorgeous sunny April day as opposed to the first one a rainy day in February. Been together since 1999..married since 2013!

Last edited:
My proposal was in a pub visiting Kings Lynne one lunchtime before meeting the inlaws, he just a muttered 'I've been thinking maybe you and I should get engaged'- my heart leaped and my head said, is this the big moment. It was LOL, 25 years married -29th of this month.
Congratulations, that's the first of the 'big' anniversaries so will you be doing something special, even in these restrictive times?

We are 49 in September. We had decided to do holidays this year incase health wasn’t up to it next year when it would be 50. What a &&&&up of an idea that turned out!

Always worried about going for one big holiday incase something goes wrong (we always seem to have a problem) and all the eggs would be in one basket hence going on 3 smaller ones .

Lets hope things are better in 2021.

Our wedding was done so cheap I’m surprised they didn’t give us money to turn up. 😂 but here we are 35 years on and still going strong. ❤
Our younger daughter's wedding day was the best day of my life. However, weddings are moments & it's the commitment of marriage that is important. My wonderful grandmother's favourite saying was 'the magic of ordinary days' & still going strong after 35 years is proof of a great deal of magic.

'We are 49 in September. We had decided to do holidays this year incase health wasn’t up to it next year when it would be 50. What a &&&&up of an idea that turned out!'
I think that of all the events we could imagine happening a global pandemic wouldn't appear on many lists.

Our younger daughter's wedding day was the best day of my life. However, weddings are moments & it's the commitment of marriage that is important. My wonderful grandmother's favourite saying was 'the magic of ordinary days' & still going strong after 35 years is proof of a great deal of magic.

Yes T I agree, it’s the commitment that’s the main thing. Our two sons and daughters in law spent a fortune on their wedding and I can understand why, it’s something you only do once so you want that memory to be the best it can possibly be and we had an amazing day, saying that, it doesn’t detract from the people who can’t, or don’t, want a huge expensive wedding, the sentiment is exactly the same. In the early 80s me and the husband would’ve got away with some neon ankle warmers and a neon “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” T-shirt 😂

Oh some lovely stories! I was married briefly some 40 plus years ago, I honestly cannot remember a proposal! maybe my mind has blanked it out! Have never had another and at 73 will not be looking, but pleased for some romance is out there!

SF nothing wrong with that, if me and the husband would’ve split I wouldn’t be arsed getting another one either. ❤️ xx

My OH of 15 years sometimes hints at marriage, then we realise it would be far too complicated, what with 2 houses, 6 children, wills, lasting powers of attorney, separate pensions (which would drastically reduce) and lots of other complications.

And it is also good to get some breathing space in our own houses (10 miles apart) when needed.

Yes T I agree, it’s the commitment that’s the main thing. Our two sons and daughters in law spent a fortune on their wedding and I can understand why, it’s something you only do once so you want that memory to be the best it can possibly be and we had an amazing day, saying that, it doesn’t detract from the people who can’t, or don’t, want a huge expensive wedding, the sentiment is exactly the same. In the early 80s me and the husband would’ve got away with some neon ankle warmers and a neon “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” T-shirt 😂
I loved the 80s, ankle warmers & George. Wham! now in my head 😊

My OH of 15 years sometimes hints at marriage, then we realise it would be far too complicated, what with 2 houses, 6 children, wills, lasting powers of attorney, separate pensions (which would drastically reduce) and lots of other complications.

And it is also good to get some breathing space in our own houses (10 miles apart) when needed.
Best decision, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Breathing space is a luxury not to be understated.

Congratulations, that's the first of the 'big' anniversaries so will you be doing something special, even in these restrictive times?
In a word NO tho not a problem for us. We were but its too close to Bank Holiday and not sure where to go so we are saving up to go somewhere nice when life is semi back to normal.

You're much nicer than me, she's 40 & should have grown up decades ago because there's a big difference between being childlike & childish. I can't stand Knuckles Kramer & Andi Peters makes my skin crawl.
I'm with you on that Twilight, I don't like Alex Kramer either, nothing to do with her presenting skills although she does seem to shout, but I too think she would probably be the girl to avoid at school unless you were in her gang. As for Andi Peters, he's always made my skin crawl.

Best of both worlds..... Modern day named ‘friends with benefits’ ;):LOL:

No seriously no one’s business just so long as your both happy. 💞