Ophelia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really don't think she is right for the job. Listening to her is not a pleasant experience, so, unfortunately I switch her off. One of the experienced fashion guests (Imogen?) carried her along the other day, selling the garments professionally, and explaining what we needed to hear. However, I couldn't stand Ophelia's butting in with useless comments, so I switched off.

I cringe when she clearly doesn’t know how to say a word. She will read every other word in the description except the one she doesn’t know. Sometimes she has a go and the BA corrects her. I expect there are a lot of words new to her vocabulary but that is what preparation is for?
Also it is clear that she (and others) had never watched QVC before getting the job. This annoys me because sometimes I think I know more than she does. I wonder whether she could do a show solo?
There is progress but not enough for me. If I want to watch something she is presenting, it is often on mute. However that is true now for me when Charlie, Simon or Jill Franks are presenting. I must be getting old. Sorry, woke up grumpy.

I cringe when she clearly doesn’t know how to say a word. She will read every other word in the description except the one she doesn’t know. Sometimes she has a go and the BA corrects her. I expect there are a lot of words new to her vocabulary but that is what preparation is for?
Also it is clear that she (and others) had never watched QVC before getting the job. This annoys me because sometimes I think I know more than she does. I wonder whether she could do a show solo?
There is progress but not enough for me. If I want to watch something she is presenting, it is often on mute. However that is true now for me when Charlie, Simon or Jill Franks are presenting. I must be getting old. Sorry, woke up grumpy.
I too find her hard to watch and switch off as I do when Jill Franks, Chloe Everton and Anne Dawson are presenting. I find them all highly irritating.

I'm with you on Anne Dawson, Almerinda. I never see Chloe Everton because she must work during the day. Jill is amusing, imo. You never know what she will say next. She can be professional on occasion, but most of the time she steers the conversation around to herself. QVC UK is a whole lot better than QVC Italy, I think. Am I right that you also live in Italy? Have you ever watched QVC Italy? The presenters are rubbish imo and are so frenetic and fast talking that I have great difficulty understanding them. QVC USA is the best of the bunch, although I cannot comment on Germany or Japan. Is there a QVC Australia as well?

I'm with you on Anne Dawson, Almerinda. I never see Chloe Everton because she must work during the day. Jill is amusing, imo. You never know what she will say next. She can be professional on occasion, but most of the time she steers the conversation around to herself. QVC UK is a whole lot better than QVC Italy, I think. Am I right that you also live in Italy? Have you ever watched QVC Italy? The presenters are rubbish imo and are so frenetic and fast talking that I have great difficulty understanding them. QVC USA is the best of the bunch, although I cannot comment on Germany or Japan. Is there a QVC Australia as well?
Yes Grizelda I live in Italy but don't watch the Italian version of QVC though I have seen it on occasion when I go for my morning coffee and the lady at the bar has it on in the background. I totally agree with you, the presenters seem pushy and overly made-up etc. and you can never forget that they are salespersons. So though some of the UK presenters irritate me I much prefer the cosy approach however manufactured it may be. They'd never have older presenters in Italy or anyone with a less than harmonious body shape so more than 50% of the ones we have would never even been taken into consideration. In fact I can't think of one presenter who would be acceptable to QVC Italy or indeed their audience.

I was watching (silly me) when she used the word 'Knackered'. On TV.

Doe she even have a decent GCSE's in English?

She still refers to her derrière as her ‘booty’. I hate that expression!
I don't like that expression either. It's American slang. What's wrong with saying 'bottom'? Can you imagine if Ms Proper - Ruth Langsford - said that her jumpers cover your ar.. se?

Yes Grizelda I live in Italy but don't watch the Italian version of QVC though I have seen it on occasion when I go for my morning coffee and the lady at the bar has it on in the background. I totally agree with you, the presenters seem pushy and overly made-up etc. and you can never forget that they are salespersons. So though some of the UK presenters irritate me I much prefer the cosy approach however manufactured it may be. They'd never have older presenters in Italy or anyone with a less than harmonious body shape so more than 50% of the ones we have would never even been taken into consideration. In fact I can't think of one presenter who would be acceptable to QVC Italy or indeed their audience.
If you can, have a look at the Italian fashion models on QVC Italy, if only for a good laugh.

She still refers to her derrière as her ‘booty’. I hate that expression!
FFS. Vain.

I don't like that expression either. It's American slang. What's wrong with saying 'bottom'? Can you imagine if Ms Proper - Ruth Langsford - said that her jumpers cover your ar.. se?
Indeed. See also 'Knackered'.

If you can, have a look at the Italian fashion models on QVC Italy, if only for a good laugh.
I can't so please tell all.

Latest posts

Back