Ophelia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh god, for my sins, Ive just switched on Style and there she is again with Alexandra Hayden. Alex is having a problem getting a word in and Ophelia is talking over her. She is making it all about her again. Why doesnt someone tell her to shut up because she isnt saying anything useful. Once again I am switching off which is a shame because I love Alex but I cant stand the interruptions. If I was a brand ambassador I would refuse to work with her.

Oh god, for my sins, Ive just switched on Style and there she is again with Alexandra Hayden. Alex is having a problem getting a word in and Ophelia is talking over her. She is making it all about her again. Why doesnt someone tell her to shut up because she isnt saying anything useful. Once again I am switching off which is a shame because I love Alex but I cant stand the interruptions. If I was a brand ambassador I would refuse to work with her.
I wonder if BAs have the opportunity to choose a presenter. It's obvious that Ruth wants Jackie. She is not relaxed with other presenters. It's all about the sales figures, isn't it? If BA's could check on the presenters with the highest sales, Ophelia might not get a look-in and everyone would want Julia. I'm guessing, of course.

I saw some of the Diamonique show too. It was pretty awful. I said to my OH, is she aware that some of the words she uses end in the letter g, and it is not shoppin, lovin, gettin, buyin, etc. I am far from perfect, but it made my teeth curl. I really cannot take to her presentation style, or rather lack of, and rather than wanting to see what is being shown, I just hear her limited vocabulary and get annoyed.
Beth Rigby, a well known journalist, drops the g's on the ends of her words, e. g. gettin', goin' etc. Drives a lot of people up the wall. Once you notice it, you can't help waiting for her to do it, and then get p**ssed off.

She was like that this morning with Izabel TSV

QVC Italy needs to be viewed in the context of Italian tv... some of which has my jaw on the floor. I don't live in Italy but have the pleasure of visiting annually.
The models are even more clueless than the Q UK models.
And unless the sets have changed drastically since last August, they parade through furniture to show the clothes.

She was like that this morning with Izabel TSV
I wanted to watch that show but her presenting style makes me nauseous🤢

When she announces at the beginning of the show 'hi,I'm Awfelia Dennis'🤦🏼‍♀️. I know who you effing are love,now trot off to Chiswick KFC where you belong👋

I caught a bit of Ophelia this morning and it was almost back to square one. I say almost as she didn't make any mistakes as far as I could see, but it was all "I'm lovin' it, your lovin' it" "£49 pounds and 50 Pee" Say the word pence for heaven's sake! Then at the end of the presentation I watched she dropped the last letter of nearly every word that she uttered. I don't care that she speaks with a Sarf London accent, but there's no need for sloppy diction!
Pee,pee,pee! Annaleise said pee,pee continually but she was entertaining and I didn't notice it as much.

I think I’m allergic to Beth Rigby. Everything about her drives me potty and I scramble for the mute before she drops the first ‘ing’. I’m sure she very good but I’ll never find out.

Give me Ophelia over Chloe Everton any day. Possibly over Simon Biagi too especially if he’s on with guests. Both have years of experience in telly / the meed-ja yet I find them cringeworthy.
I agree; Ophelia is always beautifully turned turned out and manages to make many of the less appealing items of clothing look good. Chloe is unwatchable; always looking at the monitor and jiggling about. Simon Biagi needs a sincerity injection.

It's funny isn't it how Alex is a chatterbox but manages to be informative and entertaining. I like her too.

Last night I saw Marverine Cole on TV! I was just switching over to what I thought was the radio and TalkTv popped up. She was doing the “what’s coming up” for their 10.00 News show where they review the papers. Well, let’s just say her weird enunciation has not changed since she has been away. I think she said she is covering for the next few days.

Hate to say but I have to switch off when Ophelia is on. She can't pronounce long words & when on a gardening programme once she expressed surprise about feeding plants. Not realising that plants can be fed. That's just one faux pas among many.

Latest posts

Back