Or-Paz

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lizdelassa

Registered Shopper
Was watching this show and heard Jill Franks say, they're not tinny, funny how did she know what was going through my mind, I obviously underestimated her abilities thinking that she was a sycophant not a psychic!

This jewellery range looks really carp,..... no tacky carp. The fact that the one time only has a tiny "can't really see the pearl in the shot" in it (the shot being at least three times bigger than the real thing) and the organic - no twisted out of shape silver wire with a green piece of hardened snot or purple plastic bead in the middle makes it look cheap so the one time only price tag of £22.29 (you are lucky to have it at this price as the TSV sold out and you could have paid £26.75 - what a saving!) seems to be very expensive considering.

The only decent thing in the show is the black onyx square pendant in battered silver for a mere £95.50, well at least it won't notice if it gets shut in the car/front door. The earrings that are £15.91 with the garnets, well let's not even go there hardly Suarti or Treasures of India. Maybe I'm being extra harsh but I think you'd have to be very rich to want to buy something of so little quality.

:mysmilie_81:Sorry what I meant to say was that rich people who don't care what they buy (not all rich people) might not mind paying the price for such bad quality items just because they can but most of us are quite discerning with our money. I did not mean to offend rich people per se just that they can afford to buy for the sake of buying.:mysmilie_11:

I thought it was a rip off too. I love organic shapes in jewellery but only if they are well made.

The green thing was horrendous, like a badly made prop from Dr Who.

Agree with all comments. I like the brand called something d'argent though the fella was a right mouthy gobshite. Not seen him on for a while ?

Agree with all comments. I like the brand called something d'argent though the fella was a right mouthy gobshite. Not seen him on for a while ?

:mysmilie_17: Priceless. You mean Chateau D'Argent? He was on QVC a couple of weeks ago. Love his stuff, too.

Oh god that's him, WS. Not sorry I missed it as he does my head in - had to lie down in a dark room after putting up with him for an hour, he was getting that worked up I thought he was going to do his version of the 'When Harry Met Sally' cafe scene !!!!

He used to be quite loud; the presenters could not control him once he started with the "oh, oh, oh...congratulations...big kiss, big kiss?...oh,oh,oh". :mysmilie_81:

I'm a gold person, but I thought this range was beautiful, especially the black onyx square pendant.

I thought it was a rip off too. I love organic shapes in jewellery but only if they are well made.

The green thing was horrendous, like a badly made prop from Dr Who.

Anyone got a link, as can't find item in question & I really need to see this 'green thing' now - have all sorts of images running through my mind but mainly this one:

Lord Percy Percy: I've done it, my Lord! I've discovered how to turn things into gold! Pure gold!
Blackadder: You have? Show me!
Lord Percy Percy: [takes lid off melting pot, and Baldrick, Percy and Blackadder are bathed in a green glow] Behold!
Blackadder: Percy... it's green.
Lord Percy Percy: Yes, my Lord!
Blackadder: Now, look, Percy, I don't mean to be pedantic or anything, but the color of gold... is gold. That's why it's called gold. What YOU have discovered, if it has a name, is some... Green.
Lord Percy Percy: [removes lump of Green from pot] Oh, Edmund... can it be true? That I hold here, in my mortal hand, a nugget of purest Green?
Lord Percy Percy: Yes indeed, Percy, except that it's not really a nugget but more of a splat.
Blackadder: Yes, my Lord. A splat today, but tomorrow, who knows, or dares to dream...

:mysmilie_17:

Anyone got a link, as can't find item in question & I really need to see this 'green thing' now - have all sorts of images running through my mind but mainly this one:

Lord Percy Percy: I've done it, my Lord! I've discovered how to turn things into gold! Pure gold!
Blackadder: You have? Show me!
Lord Percy Percy: [takes lid off melting pot, and Baldrick, Percy and Blackadder are bathed in a green glow] Behold!
Blackadder: Percy... it's green.
Lord Percy Percy: Yes, my Lord!
Blackadder: Now, look, Percy, I don't mean to be pedantic or anything, but the color of gold... is gold. That's why it's called gold. What YOU have discovered, if it has a name, is some... Green.
Lord Percy Percy: [removes lump of Green from pot] Oh, Edmund... can it be true? That I hold here, in my mortal hand, a nugget of purest Green?
Lord Percy Percy: Yes indeed, Percy, except that it's not really a nugget but more of a splat.
Blackadder: Yes, my Lord. A splat today, but tomorrow, who knows, or dares to dream...

:mysmilie_17:

It looks like you've sneezed.

I LOVE Blackadder, that's one of my favourite scenes! xx

Latest posts

Back