Orla Kiely

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

More bedding ?

I don't care for her designs - I lived through it 40 years ago, and didn't like it then ! the sort of designs that primary school kids draw for a frieze around the school room.

We've already had the 'brown' furniture phase - where every sofa and dining chair comes in varying shades of chestnut,; so now its just a return of the swirly patterned carpets in shades of maroon or Autumn colours, and the circle will have been completed of back to the 60s/70s.

Last edited:
More bedding ?

I don't care for her designs - I lived through it 40 years ago, and didn't like it then ! the sort of designs that primary school kids draw for a frieze around the school room.

We've already had the 'brown' furniture phase - where every sofa and dining chair comes in varying shades of chestnut,; so now its just a return of the swirly patterned carpets in shades of maroon or Autumn colours, and the circle will have been completed of back to the 60s/70s.

Snap! I regularly come back from Dublin on Sunday evenings, and there is what I call a "desperation" (never anyone in it) Orla K. shop in the airport. I thought I was the only one who thought 'primary school/1970s'. Those browns are so depressing that looking at them seems even worse than the long wait for my Ryanair flight.

I wonder if QVC will try to get us to think that the 1970s are on trend/fashion forward by dressing Glenn and Charlie up in flared trousers and kipper ties?

In John Lewis its all crockery and kitcheny stuff.Some hand bags too. Never seen any jewellery but I wasn't looking for it so it will be interesting .Not that I will be buying .

Oh and cushions I noticed .

I agree. There's retro then there's just ugly 70's stuff! Guess which category this falls into..?!

Clarks do a range of Orla shoes and most , in fact all of them are horrible IMO.

Another one trick pony.

She has been flogging that design for years and years. The prices are going up in direct proportion to the quality going down.

Latest posts

Back