Our friend Lulu in the Guardian

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

silversequin

Registered Shopper
sorry don't know how to post a link, but there is a hilarious piece on Guardian website with Lulu talking about her looks, all natural of course!! She reckons she looks about 40 due to taking good care of herself and that she gave up Botox many years ago.

sorry don't know how to post a link, but there is a hilarious piece on Guardian website with Lulu talking about her looks, all natural of course!! She reckons she looks about 40 due to taking good care of herself and that she gave up Botox many years ago.

Below is the link to the Guardian article as original poster posted

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/sep/18/lulu-interview

My Aunt is exactly the same age as Lulu, not had any work done, had a few illnesses and looks alot younger than Lulu.

hilarious - could they have chosen a less flattering picture of her? she looks like she is the sister of the Bride of Wildenstein! Can't abide the woman, it's more than just her face that is fake.

hilarious - could they have chosen a less flattering picture of her? she looks like she is the sister of the Bride of Wildenstein! Can't abide the woman, it's more than just her face that is fake.

She looks like a manic relative of Cameron Diaz in that photo. Smiling so widely is a bit sus. "Look I don't use botox any more", what about fillers etc.

I love lulu (Guinness) that is!

Cannot stand Lulu, trying to flog her beauty products that have bugger all to do with her looks, 'all natural' my a**e!

Also cant stand her accent, 'I'm just a wee girl from Dennistoun' routine, I'm an Eastender and no one can be bothered with that nonsence, she got out of here as quick as she could and has more of an American accent that Scottish, she just rolls the Glaswegian out when she's pushing her 'I'm like all of you' crap! I'd be surprised if she could pick Glasgow out on a map these days!

A classic side effect of Botox is wrinkly eyes which Lulu has. You will notice is on Kylie too, who of course doesn't use it.

Few weeks back on one of the digital channels an Ab Fab espisode was on and there was Lulu. I waited for the date at the end and it was 2002. Well Lulu your little hamster cheeks weren't there for a start. Oh and you had thinner lips, and looked a lot rougher(sp). So sweetie you deffo had work done since then.

Why lie about it? It's soooo obvious Lulu!! These celeb's who are in denial must think we're all as dim as them. At least Joan Rivers tells it as it is, and can joke about the work she's had done.

Lulu all I have to say to that load of shite is :-

You must be having a laugh. I know I am.

:mysmilie_507::mysmilie_507::

Its just about the worst photo they could print. Did they do that deliberately one wonders to show her up ?

Last edited:
I'm no Lulu fan as you'll see by my previous post, but in all fairness I have to say that I have a lot of lines around my eyes when I smile (I'm a year older than our wee Scottish friend) and I have definitely not had any work done! My friends tell me I don't look my age, but I don't for one minute imagine I look anywhere near as good as I did when I was 40!

I'm no Lulu fan as you'll see by my previous post, but in all fairness I have to say that I have a lot of lines around my eyes when I smile (I'm a year older than our wee Scottish friend) and I have definitely not had any work done! My friends tell me I don't look my age, but I don't for one minute imagine I look anywhere near as good as I did when I was 40!

Dont be hard on yourself BM, if we all had the money these 'celebs' did we would all look ****** brillant. I'm hitting 30 this year and when I look at celebs my age I'm in shock but then my BF points out if I had all their money, personal trainers, chefs, best clothes and makeup and hairdressers (and plastic surgeons) then I would look just as good.......

......eh on second thoughts thats not really a compliment!! lol off to murder the BF back soon!:grin:

what suprised me was that she did noit mention her skin care range, I would have thought any chance to make some cash, or maybe she thinks the Guardian readership are not in the QVC demographic , but she did not mention her website either. Perhaps she was having an intellectual and arty day as she was in a broadsheet! ooh I am being a bit mean here but I can't stand her fakery.

I'm 37..if I look the same '40' as Lulu does in 3 years time I give y'all permission to take me out and shoot me... LOL!

To say I absolutely can't stand Lulu would be an understatement. As you say, her fake Scottish accent, which comes and goes when she feels like it, is ridiculous, and how she can sit there straight faced (well ok, we know how she can sit there straight faced!) and say that she doesn't have work done now, I really don't know. No, she probably doesn't have Botox done now, but as was mentioned, what about fillers, what about laser treatment, what about the other so-called latest technologies that celebs are using. Does she really think we believe that using creams and potions will stop your face sagging as you get older?

I am told that I don't look 57 but although I am lucky that I don't have lines and wrinkles, I do know that gravity is taking its toll, as it does with everyone to a certain extent. Why can't she just admit to having work done still - even if it isn't Botox? Oh I forgot, because she has a skincare range to flog!

Cannot bear the false, smug woman.

Much as I think Sharon Osbourne can be a nasty person at times, at least she admits to having work done - and lots of it - and I admire her for that. And she looks good with it (although latest photos didn't flatter her that much, but maybe it was poor lighting).

Last edited:
Its the sheer cheek that she actually thinks we all believe this. I suppose there are the gullible few that do. Cannot bear her. Never could , Now, in the sixties & her ridiculous flirtation with Take That.

I always thought that Dusty Springfield & Sandie Shaw knocked spots off her.

I saw her in Peter Jones a couple of weeks ago promoting her skincare line - tho' she was hardly being overwhelmed by punters. Does look much younger than her age, I'd say about 50, but I doubt that has anything to do with Time Bomb! :hi:

I read that article this morning - first thing I thought of (after guffawing and spraying a mouthful of typhoo round the room) was the uproar it would on the forum!

The thing about Lulu is, is that there was a moment in time where she did look astonishing for her age. I think maybe 6,7 or 8 years ago, I'm not sure. But there was a perfect storm of brilliant things happening looks-wise for Lulu, her hair was perfect,body toned, face wasn't filled ridiculously. I mean she really did look good, like a million times better than when she was a teenager in To Sir With Love. I certainly thought she looked brill.(IMHO)

So, I'm guessing she would have been early 50's or so then, anyway I think what could have happened is, she got so used to people telling her how fab she looked, that instead of relaxing into her good looks and enjoying the compliments, she panicked and went into over-drive to maintain and even better what she had.... but sadly she went to far, and now she's destroyed what everyone once marvelled at.

Latest posts

Back