P&P should be lower...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CallMeQ

Registered Shopper
I've noticed lately that quite a few of the items I order are now being delivered in ghastly plain grey plastic bags rather than the official QVC branded green padded envelopes... Surely these bags are much cheaper as you could buy them anywhere as they have no reference made to QVC on them at all and are just basic plastic bags... so surely to reflect the saving Q are making on not purchasing their branded envelopes they should make P&P cheaper...

Apart from the fact they still charge outrageous amounts for postage, these plastic bags cannot be as economically friendly as the paper padded envelopes can they? I know the usual ones have the bubble wrap lining though so maybe I'm wrong?

I bet if Q were questioned on this they'd have a sarcastic response saying they use the unbranded bags to not draw attention to what could be inside... after all a few of us on here have had items go missing lately i do believe.

Charging £3.95 for something to be delivered which only cost me £0.90 to return is scandalous.

If they reduced the postage then your free phone number won't be free anymore and QVC customers will have to pay for their call. I think QVC would rather factor the free phone number into the dearer prices and extortionate p&p than charge their customers for the call, that's why they probably haven't evolved over the past 23 years and after all it draws more people in the term "free" even if it isn't so can't see it ever dropping.

the way i see it is if they were to add a couple of extra pounds into the cost of the actual item and then mark P&P as included... who'd know how much they were charging? to me that would make much better business sense. but then this is Q we're talking about.

and how many of us actually use the phone anymore anyways? I always use the app now, so much easier.

Judging by the prices they do that anyway, add a couple of quid on (that'll be for all their other expenses) and bear in mind that most people don't even use the phone to order, they tap the app and go on the net, which makes those QVC customers even more ripped off.

The p & p per item really sticks in my gut.

By the way does anyone else find it near impossible to read the item on the invoice.

I was returning two items tonight and I had to resort to a magnifying glass to make sure the right one was matched to the right item.

QVC lower P&P? Will never happen, they don't care as long as people buy even QVC US over the years people and I mean loads complaining of their P&P. What have QVC done? Nothing.

I have noticed beauty items they proudly tell us the introductory price, oh look at what we are charging for it. Then you add P&P and you are saving a whole 5p compared to walking into a store and buying, oh and no doubt getting free samples.

QVC lower P&P? Will never happen, they don't care as long as people buy even QVC US over the years people and I mean loads complaining of their P&P. What have QVC done? Nothing.

I have noticed beauty items they proudly tell us the introductory price, oh look at what we are charging for it. Then you add P&P and you are saving a whole 5p compared to walking into a store and buying, oh and no doubt getting free samples.

And points, at least many of the dreaded high street stores (and online) give you points to reward its customers what do QVC give its customers? (or some) easy pay codes and you see people thanking them for it, for what? enticing you to spend more money with them, they're not actually giving you anything, giving its customers free p&p on an entire order would be giving them something.

And points, at least many of the dreaded high street stores (and online) give you points to reward its customers what do QVC give its customers? (or some) easy pay codes and you see people thanking them for it, for what? enticing you to spend more money with them, they're not actually giving you anything, giving its customers free p&p on an entire order would be giving them something.

For an example you can buy 100 items at Next or Amazon and pay one postage of £3,95 and with Next you get it the following day. Buy 100 items and Q and you pay 100 postage costs, unless or course these are the same item in the same colour and then it's half price

For an example you can buy 100 items at Next or Amazon and pay one postage of £3,95 and with Next you get it the following day. Buy 100 items and Q and you pay 100 postage costs, unless or course these are the same item in the same colour and then it's half price

They want over £7 to sent 12 packs slim noodles. Daylight robbery. Not that I want to buy them but was flabbergasted at the postage. Had to double take. I received 8 items to Spain from next and got free postage.

Most stores don't charge if you have it delivered to your nearest store. There are also lots of click and collect places now.

Given that we don't know what arcane method QVC use to calculate P&P, we are doomed to failure in our wishes for them to reduce the price of it.

The charges do not seem to bear any relation to the weight and/or size of the item, nor the degree to which it requires packaging.

As we all by now suspect, this is really QVC's not so hidden method for not giving a discount on a product, or hiding the fact that they couldn't actually negotiate as big a reduction as they wanted from the manufacturer - and also, as is often pointed out, a way of subsidising the "free" phone numbers they provide... So unless they are going to be a lot more transparent about what they do - it's not going to change. And postage charges will continue to be mysteriously higher for some smaller lighter items when compared with other larger heavier items. So - pretty much all about the discount level at the end of the day.

the way i see it is if they were to add a couple of extra pounds into the cost of the actual item and then mark P&P as included... who'd know how much they were charging? to me that would make much better business sense. but then this is Q we're talking about.

and how many of us actually use the phone anymore anyways? I always use the app now, so much easier.

who actually pays for a phone call. if qvc had a landline geographical number that call would be free from a mobile or landline. free phone number is outdated concept free postage more useful concept

I think there is an element of insurance for the 30 day MBG in the p&p costs, hence why you're charged per item, not per order.

I wonder how much of a deal QVC has with Hermes. Sending an item with Hermes is £2.70 and then goes up approx £1 for every 1kg then include the packaging cost so I don't think much is over in the way of profit. BUT when a customer orders more than 2 items they are wrapped together which must be making a big saving for Q to profit on and is a right Liberty.

i think post costs are per item as under the 30 day money back guarantee you forfiet the postage and it makes it easier to deduct that so they can claw that money back as a kind of handling fee

I had a small parcel delivered this morning, from QVC, and it was in a fairly large blue plastic bag. Flapping around inside it was a jiffy bag style envelope with the goods enclosed. In my opinion this was a packaging overload. I'd rather have a reduced P&P and only one kind of packaging, unless it's something that needs real protection in transit. My package didn't need excess protection.

Thinking about the free phone order-lines; isn't QVC cutting back the number of call centre staff because more orders are being placed online? The cost of running the free phone lines must be dropping in terms of orders.

Mind you, the complaints made to CS on 0800514131 for poor delivery, mis-described and over-hyped items etc may be increasing!

qvc's postage does put a lot of customers off but some die hard ones dont seem to care. they must be in the majority.

When I bought years ago, the invoices were terrible, full of inadequate descriptions and mis-spellings. Whatever they use the customers' money for, it isn't for producing the crappy invoices they send out.
The p & p per item really sticks in my gut.

By the way does anyone else find it near impossible to read the item on the invoice.

I was returning two items tonight and I had to resort to a magnifying glass to make sure the right one was matched to the right item.

Latest posts

Back