Pandai Court Collection

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TheManWithNoName

Registered Shopper
Jake up to his usual tactics again. They said it was going to happen - and it's started - the Type C Jade is here.

Jake says "I want to totally clear - This is Type C Jadeite. It's not Type A, which is natural"

BUT

He doesn't actually say what type C actually is - so it's not being 'totally clear' at all. It's saying just enough to cover their backs, but not enough to tell the less knowledgeable what they're actually buying. If viewers don't know the difference between Type A, Type B and Type C, they'll have to look for themselves.

Even the graphics on screen were misleading because the treatment said "D" - which is the treatment for dyeing. but Type C Jade isn't JUST dyed. It's also soaked in acid first to 'bleach' the stone, then it's infused with resin (which turns in into Type B Jadeite), and THEN, it is dyed (which changes it from Type B to Type C).

So it's actually a three-treatment process, not just one, which is what the graphics implied.

Then, in the same collection, they did two "Star Ruby" items that weren't Ruby at all. They were Purple Sapphire.

A.JPG

Clearly Purple. Not even a purplish-red. Just Purple.

Could it be the studio lighting perhaps or a bad website picture? Well no, because even the description states that the "Ruby" is Purple.

B.JPG

I have my suspicions as to why they've called it "Star Ruby". I suspect it's so that they can play on the "Natural Rubies sell for X amount in the industry" or "Natural Rubies are hard to find - but Natural Star Rubies are even rarer" sales pitch lines.

I have absolutely no trust or confidence in the company any more. What makes it worse is that it's Jake Thompson saying this - Jake that has just been 'promoted' to Managing Director. So whilst he's running the show, these kind of sales tactics will remain.

Jake and Dave are a huge part of the problem at Gemporia in my opinion - they certainly not the solution, so I'm baffled as to why Jake was 'promoted' to Managing Director (other than the fact that he's married to Steve Bennett's daughter).

Jake up to his usual tactics again. They said it was going to happen - and it's started - the Type C Jade is here.

Jake says "I want to totally clear - This is Type C Jadeite. It's not Type A, which is natural"

BUT

He doesn't actually say what type C actually is - so it's not being 'totally clear' at all. It's saying just enough to cover their backs, but not enough to tell the less knowledgeable what they're actually buying. If viewers don't know the difference between Type A, Type B and Type C, they'll have to look for themselves.

Even the graphics on screen were misleading because the treatment said "D" - which is the treatment for dyeing. but Type C Jade isn't JUST dyed. It's also soaked in acid first to 'bleach' the stone, then it's infused with resin (which turns in into Type B Jadeite), and THEN, it is dyed (which changes it from Type B to Type C).

So it's actually a three-treatment process, not just one, which is what the graphics implied.

Then, in the same collection, they did two "Star Ruby" items that weren't Ruby at all. They were Purple Sapphire.

View attachment 25473

Clearly Purple. Not even a purplish-red. Just Purple.

Could it be the studio lighting perhaps or a bad website picture? Well no, because even the description states that the "Ruby" is Purple.

View attachment 25474

I have my suspicions as to why they've called it "Star Ruby". I suspect it's so that they can play on the "Natural Rubies sell for X amount in the industry" or "Natural Rubies are hard to find - but Natural Star Rubies are even rarer" sales pitch lines.

I have absolutely no trust or confidence in the company any more. What makes it worse is that it's Jake Thompson saying this - Jake that has just been 'promoted' to Managing Director. So whilst he's running the show, these kind of sales tactics will remain.

Jake and Dave are a huge part of the problem at Gemporia in my opinion - they certainly not the solution, so I'm baffled as to why Jake was 'promoted' to Managing Director (other than the fact that he's married to Steve Bennett's daughter).
I quite like the idea of a purple star sapphire. Calling it a star ruby means Jake can't waffle on and on and on about how "regal" it is.

Bit short-sighted, that. His tight shirt was probably restricting the air supply to his head

I quite like the idea of a purple star sapphire. Calling it a star ruby means Jake can't waffle on and on and on about how "regal" it is.

Bit short-sighted, that. His tight shirt was probably restricting the air supply to his head
I do too. The Stone looked quite nice. I just think it's bad that they feel the need to give misleading descriptions rather saying exactly what it is.

Jake wasn't wearing his sprayed-on shirts today. Presumably either the buttons had popped off at some point, or now that he's MD, he's splashed the cash and bought himself a new black jumper.

I do too. The Stone looked quite nice. I just think it's bad that they feel the need to give misleading descriptions rather saying exactly what it is.

Jake wasn't wearing his sprayed-on shirts today. Presumably either the buttons had popped off at some point, or now that he's MD, he's splashed the cash and bought himself a new black jumper.
Ooooooooh! Ladies, hold yourselves back!

I wonder if it's an old Destello number? Or whether Gemporia are moving into the camping arena, and Jake was modelling an 8 person tent?

Ooooooooh! Ladies, hold yourselves back!

I wonder if it's an old Destello number? Or whether Gemporia are moving into the camping arena, and Jake was modelling an 8 person tent?
Perhaps its a new fashion range from Dave and Jake.

InciTATus Fashion. Introducing the Jadeite Black sweater - made from ultra rare 100% Tibetan goats wool, personally hand sheared by Ishmail and Johan - renowned leaders of the Tibetan Mountain Goat Herders association. Going for £10,000 per half gram in the fashion industry - but thanks to our close connections, you can get the finest grade here today for just £9.99p. No, not £9.99p per gram - this whole Jadeite Black coloured sweater is yours for just £9.99p

I can hear Jess Foley now:

"Ohhhhhhh absolutely! I've just gotta let you know. Wowwwwwwwwwwww. Grab as many as you can - I would! Absolutely! Yeah yeah yeah *nods to gallery*. Absolutely! Oh I know, yeah yeah *nods to gallery again* They're flying out the front door. Good look to each and every one of you. Well done! Absolutely!"

I can hear Jess Foley now:

"Ohhhhhhh absolutely! I've just gotta let you know. Wowwwwwwwwwwww. Grab as many as you can - I would! Absolutely! Yeah yeah yeah *nods to gallery*. Absolutely! Oh I know, yeah yeah *nods to gallery again* They're flying out the front door. Good look to each and every one of you. Well done! Absolutely!"
"And the reality is... We are not done.
WE. ARE. NOT. DONE."

Latest posts

Back