Parbens question?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jaydeen

Registered Shopper
I was just reading some of the reviews for the Judith Williams neck cream on the q website and there were people saying it had parbens in it. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Do JW products have parbens in? I have used her products before and never had a problem, but was just wondering? Also are there any other brands that q stock that have parbens in?

There is a bogey man and his name is parbens.

In recent years reports came out that they may cause cancer, the word to read is MAY. So suddenly many companies went into panic mode and removed them and used that as part of their advertising. No pabens. The general public then went into panic mode and saw them as the big bad.

Now the thing is parbens are used in every day in foods, meds that your doctor can prescribe you. Liz Earle has always had them in her products and saw nothing wrong with them(this was way before Avon bought her out).

You will find two schools when you google, the screaming how they will give you cancer(this of course is not proved 100%, a few poor little mice in a lab caught cancer), and others who say there is nothing wrong with them. They caused a big stir because of the poor mice and that is what people remember, mice caught cancer, no doubt because they were injected with 100% parben for days or weeks on end.

To also add to what Donna has said, people freak out about parabens and absolutely refuse to use products containing then, with no real proof that they cause cancer. Yet, the human race continue to do things that certainly do cause health problems to the body - smoke, drink, and over eat.

It's all personal choice.

You can look up Judith's ingredients on her website. It's a bit of a faff to find the ingredients section but it's there. Also for individual products (from any brand) you could try just searching "blah blah product ingredients" in google image, or look for a review on Makeupalley, they don't all have ingredients but a lot do.

As others have said, I really wouldn't worry about parabens. It does seem to be entirely scaremongering by companies trying to sell "natural" products, based on very flawed research. I mean you know, of course make up your own mind and don't listen to some person on t'internet (who could be bonkers, heh.) Having done a lot of reading on the subject over the years I personally am perfectly happy to use parabens and don't consider them any kind of threat.

I saw on Mally Fb a customer asked why her mascara has a warning label with it saying " there may be an ingredient in it that is known to cause cancer".

There is a law in California which certain ingredients must be labelled, with a warning. I spotted on QVC community page an explanation why the recent Tarte TSV had a warning printed on it. Seems it should have only been done for California and not the rest of the US. The US is funny as each state has different laws what they allow in food and cosmetics with warnings or not.

A few customers freaked out over this, hence QVC putting up a disclaimer.

I've seen warnings like that on the stick foundation Laura Geller used to sell, saying that it contained oxybenzone, a sunscreen ingredient. Dunno why they had to have warnings for it though, as far as I can tell it's a good and safe ingredient.

There are parabens at the end of the list of ingredients in the Judith Williams neck cream. I don't know if that's the same as food items and the larger items have to be at the top of the list? If so, they must be minute amounts. At the end of the day it's a personal choice. I've tried the cream and its a very good neck cream. Fortunately, I find it good enough that I only have to use it two or three times a week. I have some issues with some of the brands at QVC because of allergy/sensitivity issues (Liz Earle, Gatineau, for example), but none with this product. I'm not so keen on the fragrance, but this does dissipate pretty quickly.

I will risk it, after all, even honey is mildly carcinogenic! It is personal choice and a very good thing that we are able to research what we eat and put on our skin with relative ease these days, remember the 70's?

Inge

Latest posts

Back