Paul Lavers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

claudiasmum

Registered Shopper
There was I getting my daily fix of Doctors when who should
Appear on the screen but Paul Lavers as an exam invigilator!!!
He was good but could only think of him larking about on QVC

I saw him too! He was seen by a few of us - we've been posting in PJ's thread about it in the TV & radio Section. Paul was trying to be very serious and stern but I kept thinking of him when he pretended to be like that on QVC. LOL!

wish he would return to QVC, he was fab!!! he could replace Mr "yawn" Simon Biagi, or Mr Murphy or Anna or Carmel - goodness the list goes on. Bring back Lavers I say!!

He was before my time, but I've heard people raving about him for 10 years!

He must have been good, so I'd like to see him back too, to see what I've missed.

It was just not so obviously hard sell in the beginning, and it seemed you could have more fun.
Wonder if that is just my imagination, you know, like: it never rained when I was young in the summer kind a thing

wish he would return to QVC, he was fab!!! he could replace Mr "yawn" Simon Biagi, or Mr Murphy or Anna or Carmel - goodness the list goes on. Bring back Lavers I say!!

Or Anne Dawson. That woman tries too hard to appear to be convinced of the efficacy and quality of a product, she seems so ingenuous.

There was I getting my daily fix of Doctors when who should
Appear on the screen but Paul Lavers as an exam invigilator!!!
He was good but could only think of him larking about on QVC

Fingers crossed it was just a one off, Doctors is one of my favourite soaps.

It was just not so obviously hard sell in the beginning, and it seemed you could have more fun.
Wonder if that is just my imagination, you know, like: it never rained when I was young in the summer kind a thing

I agree with you (even though I remember it raining in my younger days, especially getting soaked in it too:giggle: ) They have really gone into this hard sell frenzy these last few years :thinking:

Fingers crossed it was just a one off, Doctors is one of my favourite soaps.

It's the only soap I watch now. I'm currently out of work and sit down to watch it while eating my lunch. Hubby hates the programme and as he's been home for about a month (his dad passed away recently) I've had to record Doctors and watch it when he's not around LOL!

It's the only soap I watch now. I'm currently out of work and sit down to watch it while eating my lunch. Hubby hates the programme and as he's been home for about a month (his dad passed away recently) I've had to record Doctors and watch it when he's not around LOL!

Very underated can't understand why it is not on peak time, it makes EE looks like a school play though this is not dificult !

I couldn't agree more. He was was absolutely great! I loved the way he would come out with some very obscure sarcastic things with Alison. He was great for live TV. Warm, funny, sincere, natural. I used to watch QVC just because he was on and he would make me laugh. They brought back Debbie Flint, so they should bring back Paul. They were so great together and it would bring back some the old QVC magic.

Well he may have been good when he was on QVC in the past but he was just the creepiest, slimy presenter going when he was on the jewellery channels a year or so ago. He beat Simon B in the creep stakes.
If he comes back to QVC I'll be cured of shopping on the telly!!
(runs and hides from incoming flak).....

Maybe it's not Paul Lavers return we want exactly, it could be just that we are hankering after the good old early days of Qvc when it was all new and different.

Latest posts

Back