Paul Turner - Senior Marketing Manager at QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nothing wrong with a little competition. If people shop around, Q will have to lower their prices to stay competitive. Would it make any difference removing that thread or not? In these economic times consumers should still shop around for the best deal.

Negative threads or not this site generates a lot of income for QVC. Bet they make more money from it than not. I don't see why this site has to post only nicey ,nicey threads about QVC. As much as we all call QVC we are obviously fans of theirs as it is how we found the forum in the first place. I'm afraid that's life , they can't expect just nice comments to be posted about them all the time. They want to look closer to home on their facebook page. The comments on here are no worse than they get on there.

This mean QVC page has very little positive threads regarding QVC so unless we all start kissing QVc backside they will never change there mind. Qvc should have a read of the FB page as that has alot more negative posts that positive ones, its about time QVC realised they are less than perfect and need to improve

Weathergirl, I'm not going to get drawn into fee earning issues in private practice. All I'll say is that I used to work in the public sector and by no means is it legal practice utopia. In fact I left the public sector to go to private practice. At least if you work hard, earn the fees you actually get paid more/get a bonus and progress to partnership unlike the public sector where colleagues or worse, your manager, who can't be arsed to do their job (and who have their coats on at 5pm on the dot) still get paid the same as you.

Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I don't know, I do ok, and I can only compare my own experiences. I am part time now having "served my time" lol, but the full timers including my manager work very long hours for no reward really. I have hit my glass ceiling and look at it very differently these days. I had pretty shocking experiences in private practice and it was probably the polar opposite to your own experience, but I don't doubt what you say at all.

We SHOULD be able to post bad stuff, of course. But the only info we have about the reason for Q's decision is that ST.com "isn't a place for QVC fans".
If that's what they're upset about, then balance things out! Go on a major charm offensive. It's all very well getting huffy about QVC not backing down on this but we're not the ones hose income is affected, Graham is. But all he is doing is repeatedly pointing out Q's shortcomings by calling out their employees, lack of engagement, saying they've ruined him. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you?

None of the things I suggested woud cost anything. I'm not saying they're the right ideas but if I can come up with a couple off the top of my head I'm sure Graham could ome up with many more if he thought about it. But this flat refusal to entertain any other solutions than critisising them, while at the same time begging them to change their mind is just making me feel like there's no point in even trying to help.

As i said, a change of approach/attitude is needed from Graham now.

I'm going to say what I am sure many FM's are thinking Graham. You're probably not going to like it, I'm sorry.

I think you blew any chance of this being handled in a business-like way when the tweets and self harm pics were posted. This "from the heart" approach was no doubt reflective of your feelings, but I reckon it has zero'd out any chance of them engaging with you. I'm not saying they won't change the decision and I hope they do. Maybe the financials will do it. But I wouldn't want to be the QVC employee who gets into a discussion with you by e-mail or any other medium only to find that they were the last person to speak to you. Know what I mean?

If the legal route is out of the question then I think you're going to have to come up with other ideas as to how to get them back on-side. Yes, maybe take the thread down thats blatantly negative about QVC, we can all moan and gripe elsewhere on the board. Maybe a "QVC Fans" sticky thread which is for positive comments, sharing info, and questions about products only - and is moderated to keep it so. Wouldnt it be fab to get a QVC rep joining in to answer questions and stuff, like on the FB site? Have you ever suggested or offered that to QVC. How about an e-petition that all your members can sign to say they support both you and QVC and want to see the relationship continue. You have everyone's e-mail, you have the means to call us all to action, people want to help. You could do all of these things, and promote the fact that you've done them with Q, even if they don't reply they'll see what you're doing. It requires effort, yes. It may not work, sure. Do you have any other options?

Whatever you do, you really should stop it with the "you ruined my life" negative stuff about you, and about QVC in public. It's doing you, the forum and the relationship with QVC no good, and probably a great deal of harm. I hope you take this in the way it's intended.
I totally think BurlyB has said it all, and in my opinion what he says is very relevant and you should listen. QVC is a faceless business, they
don't see people as individuals, they don't care about you Graham or what they're doing to you, you need to have another plan, and move
forward. BurlyB has some good ideas. Stop tormenting yourself thinking they will change their minds, they won't. Plan B comes into force .....

I wasn't suggesting the site majors in kissing butt - just that balanced content might be more appealing to QVC if Graham wants to try to rebuild a trading relationship.

I just don't think Graham is in the right place to accept this though. And the trouble is he compounds the problem because he allows how he is feeling emotionally to influence what he says, and posts. And once it is said the damage has been done. QVC continues to do what they are doing, Graham continues to react as he has.

I wonder if all this was sudden, or whether Q ever tried to contact Graham about what they objected to and what they would like Graham to do about it. We may never know but I agree it has gone too far now.

Graham you post these items up here for us all to see and comment on, so please please listen to what people are
saying to you. You seem a lovely genuine man, who wears his heart on his sleeve, but QVC don't care about that
or you, or this site, please take some of the advice here, its better than begging them to see sense. THEY WON'T.
They're a business who are only interested in themselves, so view other avenues, ideal world, the other sites
mentioned here, etc etc etc. Don't lower yourself asking them to answer you, you realise deep down that they won't.
So please for your own health make a decision and move forward, and tell us what we can do to help you or this
site, everyone will help if they can. But i've already e mailed them asking for explanations , as im sure some of the
others have done also, so don't ask us to do that again, something constructive. We'll all help

I can`t see how any negative comments on here affect Q any more than negative comments on their FB page or in the reviews on their website. It`s par for the course with any retail business. We`re in a recession, Q is suffering along with every other company, there`s probably more people out there other than Graham who have been dumped/rejected/passed over by Q without so much as a by your leave. Its what businesses do during hard times, they revamp chairmen, boards, partners,workforce,suppliers or anybody else they can think of. The revenue Graham talks about over X period of time is probably a drop in the ocean to Q. Look how many brands they no longer sell and how shows now consist of the same few brands time and time again, they`ve pared everything to the core, less brands means less stock, less warehouse space, less staff and less outlay. I`d bet my last fiver Graham is just one of many who`ve been kicked in the b*llocks but unlike others he`s gone public about it in a rather dramatic way and it hasn`t done him any favours, in fact its probably convinced Q they were right to do it.

I just don't think Graham is in the right place to accept this though. And the trouble is he compounds the problem because he allows how he is feeling emotionally to influence what he says, and posts. And once it is said the damage has been done. QVC continues to do what they are doing, Graham continues to react as he has.

I wonder if all this was sudden, or whether Q ever tried to contact Graham about what they objected to and what they would like Graham to do about it. We may never know but I agree it has gone too far now.

Graham has stated several times that QVC did not contact him, first he knew was through the affiliate company.

Tyoical , they haven't even the decency to talk to the man who has earned them a lot of money for years, so they do it
the sneaky, behind the door way. QVC you should be ashamed of yourselves, at least have the decency to speak to
Graham and advise him of your decision face to face . And see your Saturday night shows were you pretend you're all
friendly and so nice to everyone, and everyones friend, well instead of that stupid idea, look at how you treat your
supporters who have helped put you were you are

I can understand your lashing out and wanting Q to see what they've done to you Graham, but you should realize that they don't care a jot. The only thing they are interested in is profit and what's good for their business. They will also be interested in maintaining a good public image but unfortunately I feel some of the things you've said and done have allowed them to feel validated in their behaviour towards you and the site. I honestly think hell will freeze over before they resume a relationship with ST. You're only hurting yourself by even thinking about them, let alone wanting to punish them or trying to win back their business. As others have said it's time to take a different tack and concentrate on other avenues. You've built up such a wonderful site that I know if you can put Q to one side you are more than capable of emerging a winner out of this situation xx

I can understand people being a bit annoyed the cheaper than qvc thread has gone its a shame and i very much doubt it would have effected the outcome of this. Shame for the people that spent time finding cheaper products .

For what it's worth, I agree with Weathergirl that Graham isn't emotionally up to a fight at the moment - we've all seen the terrible toll this has taken on him - and perhaps now would be a good time for Sazza and other moderators to take the helm.

They will have Graham's best interests at heart and understand the intricacies of the situation with QVC and the affiliate company better than any of us. They also know how to contact us away from this forum should the need to rally the troops arise.

Okay I am going to say something.

The Presenters. We moan and make fun of them, fair game. But I have noticed JF comes in for UGLY and SACK HER thrown at her non-stop. I bet if any the CEO or QVC employee does come on here and read those sort of comments, it does not look good or professional. In fact this could have been one of the reasons QVC pulled the towel out from under st.com. I think yes let us say OMG what is she wearing etc and not a good look, she annoys me and talks rubbish or crap. But the nasty rants should be pulled quickly and the poster told to reword their comments if they want to post. On their facebook page some have a rant at JF or Carmel as well, but nothing like some of the comments on here. Also they will get pulled from their page pretty quickly as well.