Perceptions New York Fashion TSV 12/03/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought this dress to wear at our granddaughter's baptism; it's lovely, very well made & the panelled skirt means it 'flips' when I walk. I hadn't heard of them before chancing upon this dress & don't fancy many of their other items but this one will suit many occasions 💖 (I love all these emojis)

Attachments

• Dress TSV 1.jpg
    Dress TSV 1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Dress TSV 2.jpg
    Dress TSV 2.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 190
  • Dress TSV 3.jpg
    Dress TSV 3.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Dress TSV 4.jpg
    Dress TSV 4.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Dress TSV 5.jpg
    Dress TSV 5.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 166
I bought this dress to wear at our granddaughter's baptism; it's lovely, very well made & the panelled skirt means it 'flips' when I walk. I hadn't heard of them before chancing upon this dress & don't fancy many of their other items but this one will suit many occasions 💖 (I love all these emojis)

Pockets ?

The sizing never fails to amaze me. A size 22 with a bust of 44" ? yet other brands can show a bust of up to 48". Not for me anyway, I'm going right off prints this summer, they start to remind me of what my grandma wore in the 50's with her lace up shoes and wrap around pinnies.

Perceptions Printed Sleeveless Midi Dress with Ruching Detail
Item Number: 183099
QVC Price £42.00
Todays Special Value Price £32.98
P&P £4.95

This sleeveless dress from Perceptions features a gorgeous all-over print, an on-trend midi length plus ruched detailing at the waistline. This uber-flattering dress is a staple piece that can be accessorised to suit any occasion, giving you unlimited outfit options.

Endless ways to wear - from strolls in the park to cocktails with the girls, this elegant dress will carry you from day to night in an instant. Try wearing with a pair of ankle boots and a denim jacket for a laidback ensemble that feels effortlessly put-together, or for your next date night, swap the boots for high heels and complement your look with statement jewellery.

Curve confidence - with ruching at the waistline to emphasise your narrowest point and a skirt that gently skims over your hips, this dress guarantees a figure-flattering finish.

Pick your print - whether you prefer classic patterns, feminine florals or a modern twist, we have a print to suit your taste. Opt for Coral/White polka dots for a timeless option, add some botanical beauty to your wardrobe with Peach Multi, Periwinkle/White or Grey/White, or go abstract in Black/White's graphic leaf print.

• Outer: 95% polyester, 5% elastane
  • Lining: 100% polyester
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:
  • Coral/White
  • Grey/White
  • Black/White
  • Periwinkle/White
  • Peach Multi

Garment measurements:
  • Chest: 8: 87.5cm (34.5"), 10: 90cm (35.5"), 12: 92.5cm (36.5"), 14: 95cm (37.5"), 16: 99cm (39"), 18: 103cm (40.5"), 20: 107cm (42"), 22: 112cm (44")
  • Waist: 8: 71cm (28"), 10: 73.5cm (29"), 12: 76cm (30"), 14: 78.5cm (31"), 16: 82.5cm (32.5"), 18: 86.5cm (34"), 20: 90cm (35.5"), 22: 95cm (37.5")
  • Hip: 8: 107cm (42"), 10: 109cm (43"), 12: 112cm (44"), 14: 114cm (45"), 16: 118cm (46.5"), 18: 122cm (48"), 20: 125.5cm (49.5"), 22: 131cm (51.5")
  • Length: 8: 119cm (46.8"), 10: 119.5cm (47"), 12: 120cm (47.3"), 14: 120.5cm (47.5"), 16: 121.3cm (47.8"), 18: 122cm (48"), 20: 122.5cm (48.3"), 22: 123cm (48.5")

All measurements are approximate

The only difference to me is whether there is a sleeve or not. Regardless of design, the prints camouflage it. They remind me of what my teachers used to wear back in the 50's and 60's. And if they had pockets it would make a big difference.

I am a woman of a certain age and sleeveless is not for me...cant understand why they chose a sleeveless dress as a TSV

I am a woman of a certain age and sleeveless is not for me...cant understand why they chose a sleeveless dress as a TSV
They are selling a shrug so you can pay extra and cover the arms. It’s all marketing .
I have reasonable arms for my age but prefer a short sleeve of some sort not a shrug though.

Definitely "occassion wear" this one....wedding, garden party, day at the races and if that's what you're looking for then it's probably quite a good price. Not my cuppa tea despite being a fan of florals and polka dots (maybe not mixed though!) the floral prints they used aren't very attractive imo, and for me the different sized dots didn't work & gave the dress a bit of a frumpy look. They did show a dress that had mixed polka dots and flowers and instead of looking quirky - It just looked wrong. The dress did the gorgeous curvy model no favours at all - It was too "old" looking for her for starters, that and the mono-boob and tourniquet around the middle, really not a good look! And did anyone see the bizzare pattern on the slim slightly older model...it looked as though someone with paint on their hands had tried to grab her boobs and missed! Disagree that the "panelling" is flattering....It puts a stiffness and formality to the dress making it far less versatile..and then the one without panelling had a handkerchief hem....Another miss for me I'm afraid!

...also forgot to add that it makes the slimmer models look too slim. The dress is clearly designed to be "slimming" yet it makes the larger ladies look like an overfilled suitcase that's ready to pop at any moment and the slim 'uns look like Olive Oyl!

Latest posts

Back