Perricone MD Skincare TSV 7/5/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There is a Perricone TSV on Saturday 7th May

No doubt with Jill "I can't live without X Y or Z in this range" Franks either launching it or closing it. It's her favourite range on QVC, as she's mentioned consistently (so I actually believe her). I can't remember what it is she claims it does for her skin, but at present I don't think I've seen another presenter with quite such pronounced lines. Fair play to her as she's clearly not going down the botox route, but nothing she's using is helping these lines. She looks like she's permanently frowning.

I wonder if they will have a new product to launch?

i had a moisturiser free from beauty bash and its the best moistiriser ever. its finished now and i am trying out flora mare. its nice initially but even using gatineau grommage and alpha h exfoliaters my skin feels gritty. with pericone my skin looks hydrated and very refined with a glow. dont like the no foundation products though. i bet the tsv has that in it

I really like the no foundation foundation serum but can only wear it when I have self tan on as it's quite dark and doesn't adjust like they say it does. I hope they will make a fair version in the future like they have with the original no foundation foundation. I've tried the original no foundation foundation and too greasy feeling for me, the serum is lovely though doesn't look like you have anything on. Haven't tried anything else from perricone though. A bit out of my budget.

Last edited:
Perricone 4 Piece Re:Firm Skincare Collection
Item Number: 211140
QVC Price £175.00
Today's Special Value Price £129.00
P&P £4.95

The Perricone Re:Firm Skincare Collection heralds the launch of the brand new Re:Firm Eye treatment, a potent eye cream designed to mimic your skins own regenerative capabilities, plus Re:Firm Moisturiser, Blue Plasma Cleanser and Face Finishing Moisturizer Tint. Focused on using potent ingredients to help fight the signs of ageing, including loss of skin elasticity, fine lines and wrinkles, this Perricone Ultimate Skincare collection helps you to target specific issues to deliver a firmer and more youthful-looking complexion.

Just for you - not only is this collection launching the brand new Re:Firm Eye, it is currently not available anywhere else in the UK, meaning you'll get it ahead of everyone else.

Contains:
1 x Re:Firm Eye (15ml) - NEW. Created to improve skin elasticity, resilience and density, this eye treatment works to mimic your skin’s own regenerative compounds. Helping to firm, tone and tighten the look of your skin, it diminishes the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and enlarged pores, and leaves a smooth finish. Formulated with Dermal Stim Factors, a proprietary matrix-forming complex, plus DMAE and alpha lipoic acid
1 x Re:Firm Moisturiser (50ml) - designed to mimic your skin’s own regenerative capabilities, this gel treatment helps improve the feel of elasticity, resiliency and suppleness and leaves your skin feeling smooth. Formulated using Dermal Stim Factors, a proprietary matrix-forming complex
1 x Blue Plasma Cleanser (118ml) - gentle and ideal for even sensitive skin, this 3-in-1, no-rinse treatment deeply cleanses as it gently exfoliates and conditions, leaving skin looking instantly radiant. Formulated with Blue Plasma and micellar technology
1 x Face Finishing Moisturizer Tint (59ml) - a lightweight, deeply-hydrating SPF30 moisturiser, designed to protect skin while leaving a luminous, tinted glow. Oil-free, fast-absorbing, and formulated with unique pigment capsules that slowly release upon application to steadily reveal a warm tint that adjusts to individual skin tone, to brighten and smooth your complexion. Rich in antioxidants and featuring key sciences, including alpha lipoic acid, and vitamin C

How to use:
Re:Firm Eye:

Using your ring finger, tap a small amount around the orbital bone

Re:Firm Moisturiser:

Each morning, smooth a pea-sized amount over clean skin, working into your skin

Blue Plasma Cleansing Treatment:

Saturate a cotton pad and smooth liberally all over face in the morning and evening
Follow with a moisturiser
No rinsing is needed after application

Face Finishing Moisturizer Tint:

Using your fingertips, apply to your face in gentle circular motions
Use alone for a naturally translucent finish, or layer under foundation to customise your coverage

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.211140

Watching the a.m repeat & as I am approaching another birthday (not a BIG one until next year but have had a Bus Pass for many years) & thought shall I go for the TSV as a treat for myself & possibly use the 30 Day MBG? Then I hit my own 5 minutes pause button & looked at JF the Perricone seemingly No.1 fan & said (to myself) NO.She said she has been using this range for years and even if I loved it couldn't afford to keep it up.So I may be missing out on something wonderful.

Watching the a.m repeat & as I am approaching another birthday (not a BIG one until next year but have had a Bus Pass for many years) & thought shall I go for the TSV as a treat for myself & possibly use the 30 Day MBG? Then I hit my own 5 minutes pause button & looked at JF the Perricone seemingly No.1 fan & said (to myself) NO.She said she has been using this range for years and even if I loved it couldn't afford to keep it up.So I may be missing out on something wonderful.

I seriously doubt it , I just watched the repeat at 0800 and even my husband commented on how awful an advertisement JF was , that over processed hair, lack of mascara or lip colour , just a beige and bland mess , and as for her skin hardly inspire one to try the range would it

Oh he used the term looks like a bag of manure
Hx

JF was on with Andrew from Gatineau the other week and said she was using everything from Gatineau and had only taken them on holiday and could not believe how good her skin was so I would take what she says with a pince of salt.

I watched part of the launch on mute, and just looking at both Jill and Karra it really does prove that it doesn't matter what you do: when you are a dedicated sun worshipper, it will show in your skin.

Neither one of these ladies' skins is a good advertisement for this high-priced skincare. It rather highlights the fact that when you see before and after pictures of models, unless you know what their lifestyle is, you cannot judge how much you can attribute their condition of their skin to the products they are supposedly using. I am sure if the model has had a night on the tiles and has come in with skin prepped with a drying cleanser, followed by no moisturiser, then in the after shot slap moisturiser on it you'd get a pretty good effect for the after shot. It's one of the reasons why, regardless of the hype and hard sell, the 30 day money back guarantee is invaluable when you are on the hunt for any new beauty products... try it and see what it does for you and your skin... you are the one before and after which you can trust.

I seriously doubt it , I just watched the repeat at 0800 and even my husband commented on how awful an advertisement JF was , that over processed hair, lack of mascara or lip colour , just a beige and bland mess , and as for her skin hardly inspire one to try the range would it

Oh he used the term looks like a bag of manure
Hx

I have to say I can see where your Husband is coming from! My money is safe but thanks for keeping me on the straight & narrow!

JF said she had been using Perricone for seven years but looking at her skin wouldn't make me want to try it. I think QVC work on the theory that a TSV might tempt people into the range so they continue to buy at the normal very high prices. I would rather not try the range than find it was brilliant for me but not be able to carry on using it.

JF said she had been using Perricone for seven years but looking at her skin wouldn't make me want to try it. I think QVC work on the theory that a TSV might tempt people into the range so they continue to buy at the normal very high prices. I would rather not try the range than find it was brilliant for me but not be able to carry on using it.

Completely agree BB, plus it suggests to me that the individual RRPs are hugely inflated, I can't remember ever buying a skincare item singly, having tried it in a TSV, apart from Philosophy Purity Made Simple cleanser, but even then I buy the litre size when it's on offer, free p&p or part of a useable set. The odd item of Elemis or Prai I buy from ebay or in a bumper bargain collection including items I'll use or be able to flog on ebay to recoup a few quid.

I got a try me Perricone kit from their own website once and I really liked it. I would love to try the tinted face but can't justify the price so I am sitting on my hands and not watching.

Is it just me or is Karra Beck (the guest presenter for this brand), almost treats Dr Perricone as a 'god' the way she talks about him and states he is a 'game-changer' and a 'genius' and other superlatives, yes he may be good at what he does, but in my opinion whilst the 'gunk' (sorry may have dumbed it down too much using that word given the price the products cost), may be worth the money and 'game-changers' does she really have to be so 'doe-eyed' over Dr Perricone, I mean it is as I say almost as if she worships the ground he walks on. A very very good slick marketing campaign, also if you 'google' (used as a verb, live 'hoover'), the brand you can probably pick up the individual items cheaper, thus you can try specific parts of the brand before committing to a whole regime.

Whilst Jill Franks maybe a fan (though I do wonder how many 'samples' she is given) and she may actually purchase some with her hard-earned (well if you can call what she does 'hard-earned') money she actually spends on the brand. I know she probably does use it as they do try and get a presenter who uses the product to present that show (I wonder if Q 'forced' each presenter to be on different brands so that they can all be advocates for each of the different brands so that they can talk 'passionatley' about the brands on the respective shows (may be I am now being a tad cynical I don't know). I do know though that Jill Franks always seems to like the more expensive brands, Lulu Guiness handbags, Dr Pericocme and some of the more expensive fashion ranges, I know she is a 'lunch lady' 'stepford wife-esque person, in that she has a decent job with a decent income and no children (but plenty of 'girlfriends' that she constantly goes on about). No I have no doubt that she does use the brand, but to me it just seems another informercial/shopping telly branded item that whilst may be ok, seems to be in my opinion 'over-hyped'.

What gets me with all the different beauty brands is

a) how the different 'gunk' (texture/formulation call it what you will) works so differently to each other if they are all perprorting to do the same (anti-ageing, cleanse etc) and why therefore they is some much variation in prices.

Sorry to rant and I am not quite 100% sure what the point is to this post was, I have just taken a typing test today and guess I want to keep my 'touch-typing' skills up to speed.

I will leave with this one final thought. We all know that the presenters are given 'samples' to try, but I wonder if the presenters and guest presenters (especially Jill Gauntlet) purchase from QVC how much of their salary goes back into QVC's purse, I suppose therefore thinking about the 20% discount (if that is what it is, though I think I heard Jullian Ballyntyne mention that it was that once), then QVC are probably making quite a lot of money from their own guest and regular presenters. Thinking about it maybe it is a good marketing strategy for QVC to give the 'samples' to their staff, as that way they could be almost certain to recoup some of the salary that they get paid back to their workplace :)

I will shut up now (sighs of relief all round :) )

I got a try me Perricone kit from their own website once and I really liked it. I would love to try the tinted face but can't justify the price so I am sitting on my hands and not watching.

I tried the last perricone TSV - it had the tinted moisturiser in it.
I hated it, it was too dark (I'm fair) & it looked shiny & odd.
I returned it. I didn't rate the cleanser at all. The sub cream had a strange smell & texture.
The eye cream was nice, reminded me of Gatineau defilift

Never watched any of the shows yesterday.

But TKMaxx always seem to have quite a bit of the brand in store. Some in clearance with the red sticker which means even cheaper.

Latest posts

Back