Peter and Chloe

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

harrytumkins

Registered Shopper
Not sure where to start with this show (still on now)

Firstly the gardening got really busy at 9.45am and you know for absolutely sure if it was Chloe on air they would have allowed the show to run another 10/15 minutes
at least, not a chance with Chloe waiting in the wings.....

Fashion for the first part Chloe constantly slagging off the buyers/the production staff/ the schedulers/ the people who write the descriptions and then said the prices were so low they didn't make sense (then tells everyone how she barked at people for hours to get these low prices nice contradiction)

Doing her usual spiel about how she wishes she could buy some of the fashion. I am sorry I do not buy for one moment Chloe dresses in a poly/viscose mix I have never seen her wear an item of TJC fashion on air. I have seen Carmel, Caroline, and a few others come in wearing items weeks later.

There should never be a mandate that you have to buy what you sell but please do not pretend you WANT to, I am sure someone who portrays and seemingly does have the run of the channel could organise them putting aside some £12.99 trousers.

The worst is yet to come the Neckolage "deal" is back (despite only being available yesterday) for £189.99. This in itself is a bit naughty but when you consider it was on the Beauty channel for £299.99 last night AND this morning and sold at the prices that is just wrong. They didn't hide from this instead using it as a sales tool. What about the customers who paid £110 more?

The beauty channel seems to get trodden on a lot and the excellent Natalia who seems to genuinely care and take issues in her stride (she regularly asks customers to send in order numbers if issues and she will resolve them internally) seems to have once again got the short straw.

TJC needs to be careful bowing to Chloe. In my personal opinion, Natalia is the real beauty "expert" on the channels and should be given that role.

I am normally very supportive of TJC as they have done a lot right of late and improved a lot but things like this morning do not help at all and stink of short-term sales at the expense of trust and loyalty.

As one of the senior presenters, Chloe is at the top of her game. I love her narrative and the way she creates connections through her stories.

However, recently she has shown too much of a pompous side. Also has allowed her ego to take over. I caught the end of the gardening show with Andy and Caroline - it was clear that they could have done with more time given how well the items were selling.

I don't like the way they've started selling beauty products in small batches to make it look like they've sold out, only to load more in. Chloe made a fuss on one show because they had loaded the whole lot in (which is what they used to do). So all of this 'securing another batch' is just theatre.

Wonder how Chloe and Peter will pitch the next brand of neck cream they get in given what they said? They switch brand aliegences from one presentation to the next!

I don't doubt Chloe is a very good presenter, not my style but that's fine and she sells a lot of products and has a very loyal following

The constant digs at Jojoba (especially when it isn't being stocked or featured on air) despite it selling tens of thousands makes little sense it is essentially saying you the viewer are very silly in buying our most popular beauty line.

She also has constant digs at 8818 because she didn't get on with it, again fine don't sell it but no other presenter has digs at the ranges she likes and sells.

Firstly the gardening got really busy at 9.45am and you know for absolutely sure if it was Chloe on air they would have allowed the show to run another 10/15 minutes

Fashion for the first part Chloe constantly slagging off the buyers/the production staff/ the schedulers/ the people who write the descriptions and then said the prices were so low they didn't make sense (then tells everyone how she barked at people for hours to get these low prices nice contradiction)

Doing her usual spiel about how she wishes she could buy some of the fashion. I am sorry I do not buy for one moment Chloe dresses in a poly/viscose mix I have never seen her wear an item of TJC fashion on air. I have seen Carmel, Caroline, and a few others come in wearing items weeks later.

There should never be a mandate that you have to buy what you sell but please do not pretend you WANT to, I am sure someone who portrays and seemingly does have the run of the channel could organise them putting aside some £12.99 trousers.

The worst is yet to come the Neckolage "deal" is back (despite only being available yesterday) for £189.99. This in itself is a bit naughty but when you consider it was on the Beauty channel for £299.99 last night AND this morning and sold at the prices that is just wrong. They didn't hide from this instead using it as a sales tool. What about the customers who paid £110 more?

The beauty channel seems to get trodden on a lot and the excellent Natalia who seems to genuinely care and take issues in her stride (she regularly asks customers to send in order numbers if issues and she will resolve them internally) seems to have once again got the short straw.

TJC needs to be careful bowing to Chloe. In my personal opinion, Natalia is the real beauty "expert" on the channels and should be given that role.

I am normally very supportive of TJC as they have done a lot right of late and improved a lot but things like this morning do not help at all and stink of short-term sales at the expense of trust and loyalty.
Wonderful someone who agrees with with regard to Chloe. She is a nightmare so full of herself and how everything she says, wears and does is without doubt the way to go! If not we are so very wrong. I too agree with you about Natalia she seems knowledgeable and sincere and Carmel is always given the short straw in favour of Chloe. Peter, well, Since I found out he is not a qualified beauty guru I have no idea why he is there apart from playing the lapdog to Chloe!! I don't know how she gets away with it I find her condescending and patronising I can't watch her.

As one of the senior presenters, Chloe is at the top of her game. I love her narrative and the way she creates connections through her stories.

However, recently she has shown too much of a pompous side. Also has allowed her ego to take over. I caught the end of the gardening show with Andy and Caroline - it was clear that they could have done with more time given how well the items were selling.

I don't like the way they've started selling beauty products in small batches to make it look like they've sold out, only to load more in. Chloe made a fuss on one show because they had loaded the whole lot in (which is what they used to do). So all of this 'securing another batch' is just theatre.

Wonder how Chloe and Peter will pitch the next brand of neck cream they get in given what they said? They switch brand aliegences from one presentation to the next!
And such a large ego at that! The neck cream they both launched today was by far "the best ever" what about the range she constantly swears by ceutum? which she manages to showcase in nearly all of her shows, with of course Peter who nods his agreement most of the time. Why he is on with her I have no idea apart from his nodding. She needs reeling in.

Can you see Chloe in some of the fashions they have? Never in a million years!! She won't even try anything on to show what they look like. Oh no not our Chloe much too sophisticated for the Tamsy range or any other fashion on TJC. As always left to Carmel or Jenny to showcase the clothes I would love to know what they make of her.

Can you see Chloe in some of the fashions they have? Never in a million years!! She won't even try anything on to show what they look like. Oh no not our Chloe much too sophisticated for the Tamsy range or any other fashion on TJC. As always left to Carmel or Jenny to showcase the clothes I would love to know what they make of her.

100% spot on

There was a "one size" jumper of some sort on today Peter said it might fit a 16 Chloe said it would fit an 18

No big drama but like you say where is the hardship in trying the thing on?! Takes seconds but no let us leave the viewer guessing.

I like Peter when he is on with Natalia tbh seems a more equal partnership I think he probably enjoys being on with Chloe because he at best gets 30/70 of the presentation time

100% spot on

There was a "one size" jumper of some sort on today Peter said it might fit a 16 Chloe said it would fit an 18

No big drama but like you say where is the hardship in trying the thing on?! Takes seconds but no let us leave the viewer guessing.

I like Peter when he is on with Natalia tbh seems a more equal partnership I think he probably enjoys being on with Chloe because he at best gets 30/70 of the presentation time
So true

Natalia seems annoyed and I can't say I blame her

true pro though rather than making a scene about it she is just carrying on with something else

I don't doubt Chloe is a very good presenter, not my style but that's fine and she sells a lot of products and has a very loyal following

The constant digs at Jojoba (especially when it isn't being stocked or featured on air) despite it selling tens of thousands makes little sense it is essentially saying you the viewer are very silly in buying our most popular beauty line.

She also has constant digs at 8818 because she didn't get on with it, again fine don't sell it but no other presenter has digs at the ranges she likes and sells.
Yeh, the digs aren't cool.
Those sly remarks are often aimed at other presenters' products that have sold well. Auction envy.

And such a large ego at that! The neck cream they both launched today was by far "the best ever" what about the range she constantly swears by ceutum? which she manages to showcase in nearly all of her shows, with of course Peter who nods his agreement most of the time. Why he is on with her I have no idea apart from his nodding. She needs reeling in.
I think Rachael originally launched Cetuem. Somehow Chloe ended up with it.

I once watched a show with Tony and Chloe. It was like clash of the Titans and Tony won. It was a horrible show, and they haven't been paired since!

Chloe seems to work best on her own or with Anshu.

Chloe's a weird fish. She is absolutely egotistical, and it's abundantly clear that she wouldn't be caught dead in 99% of TJC's clothing. Though I do have to be fair and say that she has been known to try on the occasional jacket or knitwear. But more often than not she's more likely to big the things up verbally than try something on.

But during lockdown she switched to selling stuff like laundry detergent, shower gels and the like that viewers had difficulty finding in local supermarkets without turning a hair. In fact, the superior attitude totally disappeared, and she actually seemed more human and approachable. Those shows were actually enjoyable to watch.

Unfortunately, the old Chloe came back with a vengeance once lockdown ended.

I remember one show Chloe did, around the time Sherlock started. Chloe was selling Cetuem, talking about how she had tested the range first, when all of a sudden she started ranting.

Chloe was really not happy that someone had been hired to take her job as "TJC beauty expert". Not that she had ever been described as such, but Chloe obviously felt that this was what she was. And now someone else would be testing ranges (for free, I imagine) instead of her. She was REALLY angry.

I always think about this whenever I see Chloe merrily joking around with Peter. And then I switch channels

funny I agree with what everyone us saying.

To add to Natalia helping customers, Opatra’s Marianne also helps a lot too. Them two ladies seem to be the only genuine ones on Tjc. Marianne isn’t on enough these days. I have wasted money trying the lunamour range, very disappointed in the quality! I will be sticking only to opatra

Chloe's a weird fish. She is absolutely egotistical, and it's abundantly clear that she wouldn't be caught dead in 99% of TJC's clothing. Though I do have to be fair and say that she has been known to try on the occasional jacket or knitwear. But more often than not she's more likely to big the things up verbally than try something on.

But during lockdown she switched to selling stuff like laundry detergent, shower gels and the like that viewers had difficulty finding in local supermarkets without turning a hair. In fact, the superior attitude totally disappeared, and she actually seemed more human and approachable. Those shows were actually enjoyable to watch.

I remember one show Chloe did, around the time Sherlock started. Chloe was selling Cetuem, talking about how she had tested the range first, when all of a sudden she started ranting.

Chloe was really not happy that someone had been hired to take her job as "TJC beauty expert". Not that she had ever been described as such, but Chloe obviously felt that this was what she was. And now someone else would be testing ranges (for free, I imagine) instead of her. She was REALLY angry.

I always think about this whenever I see Chloe merrily joking around with Peter. And then I switch channels
Yes! Her lock down shows we're so good. Totally agree with your points.

Given her recent comments, I don't think she's body confident right now. They should really get a model in.

That's our Chloe

Latest posts

Back