Peter Sherlock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moon

Registered Shopper
I rarely watch the shopping channels these days so had one hell of a shock when I saw him on TV late last nigh. Basically WHAT THE HELL HAS HE DONE TO HIMSELF. He looks like an old man trying to look young again and quite frankly, looks ridiculous

I can’t watch him or anything Opatra related. At one time I’d never have missed the hours that Chloe presented, but not these days. He just trots the same things out over and over again, or agrees with everything that Chloe says. I can’t see what he brings to TJC. The Beauty Channel is a joke and I can’t believe that they’ve extended the broadcasting hours.

I wonder what his qualifications are? He comes out with some awful claptrap. I remember, some years ago, he looked like he had had a stroke. I think the cosmetic surgery had gone a bit wrong. He certainly wouldn't convince me to buy anything he is selling

Peter Sherlock couldn't persuade me to buy a pack of toffees but apparently he's getting others to purchase some electronic skin care device for £799.99 (with a start price of close to ten thousand quid).

This is an honest question. Would you buy something you hadn't tried, for £799.00, from a man who has just said 'I could never hold down a job, I'm not good at anything, I'm so lucky to have this job', who is not a Dermatologist, off the telly? If I decided I needed some expensive skin care device, I'm pretty sure that I'd take myself to a qualified expert and have them demonstrate their recommendation on me before I parted with such a wodge of cash. Maybe I am just cynical and/or tight?!

I wonder what his qualifications are? He comes out with some awful claptrap. I remember, some years ago, he looked like he had had a stroke. I think the cosmetic surgery had gone a bit wrong. He certainly wouldn't convince me to buy anything he is selling
I don’t think he has any Beauty qualifications, as such. His profile on Linkedin refers to Training. There isn’t anything he says that isn’t read of the packaging or a quick bit of research on the web. This does not a Beauty Expert make. I remember him mentioning a range of fragrances he was involved in, that sounded like was was an Importer, rather than someone involved in the production. That saying, I heard Lindsay recently say that she was now an Anti Ageing Expert! All knowledge cribbed from the back of the box!! I remember her being quite strident pointing out that she didn’t work for TJC (?) and that she was an Auctioneer. I don’t doubt that she is an Auctioneer, but you can’t have it all ways. If you’re on Selly Telly, you are a salesperson, and your job is to sell!

All he is , is a salesman. If this gizmo he's flogging was any good it would only be available through a registered therapist? Isn't the government trying to ban these things? I remember my cousin, a doctor, saying that if some of these claims made about face creams were try, they would only be available on prescription. Thank goodness we who watch shopping channels have a modicum of intelligence

It's all snake oil selling: get the punters scared and worried by pointing out that they're no longer 25, and therefore they are only fit for the knacker's yard.

Then they pull out their miracle cream/supplement/face mangler, and state that it will knock at least 3 million years off your age. And showing charts of perceived results from a tiny number of test subjects (3 of the makers' mates, and their pet cat), who all swear blind that this new miracle product has them looking like a 3 year old Liz Taylor. Except for the cat, who wasn't that fussed.

IIf all these things worked, all the presenters should look like they've just got back from photoshoots for Vogue's next cover. Yet they don't, despite them swearing blind that they use these items every day.

And if these products worked, why would shopping channels continue to sell makeup to hide perceived "flaws"? And why would people like Peter Sherlock resort to cosmetic enhancements?

It's nothing but a massive con to scare people into parting with their cash

Exactly.
It's all snake oil selling: get the punters scared and worried by pointing out that they're no longer 25, and therefore they are only fit for the knacker's yard.

Then they pull out their miracle cream/supplement/face mangler, and state that it will knock at least 3 million years off your age. And showing charts of perceived results from a tiny number of test subjects (3 of the makers' mates, and their pet cat), who all swear blind that this new miracle product has them looking like a 3 year old Liz Taylor. Except for the cat, who wasn't that fussed.

IIf all these things worked, all the presenters should look like they've just got back from photoshoots for Vogue's next cover. Yet they don't, despite them swearing blind that they use these items every day.

And if these products worked, why would shopping channels continue to sell makeup to hide perceived "flaws"? And why would people like Peter Sherlock resort to cosmetic enhancements?

It's nothing but a massive con to scare people into parting with their cash
Exactly. You've hit the nail on the head. Some of the sales people look like an advert for 'Don't buy this product' I know Sherlock can't help how he looked when born, but goodness me he looks dreadful now. I don't know how old he is,, but he looks ridiculous like 50 yr old man trying to look 20 He must have a very low self esteem to do this to himself

Exactly.

Exactly. You've hit the nail on the head. Some of the sales people look like an advert for 'Don't buy this product' I know Sherlock can't help how he looked when born, but goodness me he looks dreadful now. I don't know how old he is,, but he looks ridiculous like 50 yr old man trying to look 20 He must have a very low self esteem to do this to himself
Absolutely. I can't help but think that the people prepared to part with such monumental piles of cash haven't reached the point where they like themselves.

New member here! Lurked for a while as I am a Selly telly addict. (Guilty pleasure :LOL:) I am not planning to post regularly. (that could be famous last words!)

Here's my take on this. Prepare for an essay!

I have an LED mask, bought from Amazon, exactly the same tech as the Opatra Glow Mask. My opinion? It absolutely works, but mine cost about £50, and the technology is no different.

Now, the new Glow Mask 'pro' they have looks like a good device, it's definitely better than my one because it has more lights and is wireless. Is it £249 better? Dunno. You do get the lifetime warranty with them, which is good, as on my first (non-Opatra) mask did lose one of its light colours pretty quickly. I gave that one away and bought another. But that will need to happen a few more times to make £299 make more sense. However, if I was looking for a lifetime purchase, and I wanted to buy into a good brand, the glow mask pro wouldn't be a bad shout.

My take on the Opatra thing in general? Their devices do work, but their non-Tjc prices are ludicrously overpriced for what are essentially very cheap to produce devices. I understand why though, because they have expensive shops to fund. The sort of people that buy Opatra don't really care that the prices are crazy, because they don't care about money, they care more about time. TJC brings them down a lot, so if you want to buy into Opatra, it's not a bad way of doing it.

What I have bought myself? The gold soap - that's amazing. I know it's £10 for a soap, but I wouldn't be without it now, and I'd challenge anyone to try it and say it's not worth a tenner. Feels amazing using it and the skin feels and looks good afterwards. Also bought the Cavi shaper - the body device. That's a well priced device at the £149 they ask for it, and it works for me and makes sense - if you're going to get rid of spots of fat you don't like, you may as well get something that will lift the skin you may be left with at the same time.

What I wouldn't buy? Any of their handheld face things. Not that they don't work, but they're only working on the spot you're hovering the device over at that time.

My take on Mr. Sherlock? He seems a nice enough guy. Personally I wouldn't got for that hairstyle, but he's not shooting puppies is he? I'd also say, he is living proof of the red light thing - as a regular watcher I have seen his skin change, and he definitely didn't get a facelift as it was lockdown.

New member here! Lurked for a while as I am a Selly telly addict. (Guilty pleasure :LOL:) I am not planning to post regularly. (that could be famous last words!)

I have an LED mask, bought from Amazon, exactly the same tech as the Opatra Glow Mask. My opinion? It absolutely works, but mine cost about £50, and the technology is no different.

Now, the new Glow Mask 'pro' they have looks like a good device, it's definitely better than my one because it has more lights and is wireless. Is it £249 better? Dunno. You do get the lifetime warranty with them, which is good, as on my first (non-Opatra) mask did lose one of its light colours pretty quickly. I gave that one away and bought another. But that will need to happen a few more times to make £299 make more sense. However, if I was looking for a lifetime purchase, and I wanted to buy into a good brand, the glow mask pro wouldn't be a bad shout.

My take on the Opatra thing in general? Their devices do work, but their non-Tjc prices are ludicrously overpriced for what are essentially very cheap to produce devices. I understand why though, because they have expensive shops to fund. The sort of people that buy Opatra don't really care that the prices are crazy, because they don't care about money, they care more about time. TJC brings them down a lot, so if you want to buy into Opatra, it's not a bad way of doing it.

What I have bought myself? The gold soap - that's amazing. I know it's £10 for a soap, but I wouldn't be without it now, and I'd challenge anyone to try it and say it's not worth a tenner. Feels amazing using it and the skin feels and looks good afterwards. Also bought the Cavi shaper - the body device. That's a well priced device at the £149 they ask for it, and it works for me and makes sense - if you're going to get rid of spots of fat you don't like, you may as well get something that will lift the skin you may be left with at the same time.

What I wouldn't buy? Any of their handheld face things. Not that they don't work, but they're only working on the spot you're hovering the device over at that time.

My take on Mr. Sherlock? He seems a nice enough guy. Personally I wouldn't got for that hairstyle, but he's not shooting puppies is he? I'd also say, he is living proof of the red light thing - as a regular watcher I have seen his skin change, and he definitely didn't get a facelift as it was lockdown.
Great post. particularly as you have some personal knowledge. Would you recommend any of the other opatra items?

I agree with the vast amount of your post :) The Glow Mask pro is a brilliant device, £249 is a "fair price"- Q's "glow mask" that had dire reviews was quite a bit more than £249 and didn't have the lifetime warranty Opatra provide. I have both the original Glow Mask and the Glow Mask Pro, as you say the "Pro" is wireless and you can "see" to do things while using that, which you couldnt do with the original. With Opatra's warranty, if your "original" (old version) mask failed it would automatically be replaced under warranty with the "new pro version" too, so technically a "free upgrade". The start prices on TJC, yes totally they are OTT but the end prices are pretty fair, add to that biding your time, getting the "best deal" and also 4/5 budget pay option if needed is great. I also own the original hand held device- my least used device, to "faffy" for me, too many changes of settings.

Peter, yes he's not everyone's favourite and he dosent "fit" the classic "beautician" line but on the whole he covers the questions asked and the devices he says he uses seem to work for him.

Great post. particularly as you have some personal knowledge. Would you recommend any of the other opatra items?
Thanks! The only thing I've bought but not mentioned above is the recent collagen mask (cream). It's nice. Being a guy, I prefer not to wear any face stuff in the day, as I don't really like the 'pampered' sort of look, but I use skincare applied before the red light in the evening, before going to sleep. Been working a bomb.

Thanks! The only thing I've bought but not mentioned above is the recent collagen mask (cream). It's nice. Being a guy, I prefer not to wear any face stuff in the day, as I don't really like the 'pampered' sort of look, but I use skincare applied before the red light in the evening, before going to sleep. Been working a bomb.
Thank you. Appreciate the feedback.

I agree with the vast amount of your post :) The Glow Mask pro is a brilliant device, £249 is a "fair price"- Q's "glow mask" that had dire reviews was quite a bit more than £249 and didn't have the lifetime warranty Opatra provide. I have both the original Glow Mask and the Glow Mask Pro, as you say the "Pro" is wireless and you can "see" to do things while using that, which you couldnt do with the original. With Opatra's warranty, if your "original" (old version) mask failed it would automatically be replaced under warranty with the "new pro version" too, so technically a "free upgrade". The start prices on TJC, yes totally they are OTT but the end prices are pretty fair, add to that biding your time, getting the "best deal" and also 4/5 budget pay option if needed is great. I also own the original hand held device- my least used device, to "faffy" for me, too many changes of settings.

Peter, yes he's not everyone's favourite and he dosent "fit" the classic "beautician" line but on the whole he covers the questions asked and the devices he says he uses seem to work for him.
Really helpful. There are so many masks out there now. The lifetime guarantee is a bonus. I have the Aldi one and not convinced it makes a difference. It cannot realistically be on the same level as Opatra I guess given the difference in price.

Really helpful. There are so many masks out there now. The lifetime guarantee is a bonus. I have the Aldi one and not convinced it makes a difference. It cannot realistically be on the same level as Opatra I guess given the difference in price.
Opatra mask is the best. I think opatra is on in 40 minutes with the glow mask

Thank you just popped it on. Very very tempted.
Not to discourage you (or make you regret if you've already bought it, but it could be your skin care. I used the red light fairly frequently having put on an oil (argan or jojoba) and didn't see any difference, till someone on TJC said you need a cream or serum. I think the oil was 'sheilding' the skin from the light. Mizon snail stuff that they sell on TJC is best with it. Put that on beforehand and try it, you'll see the difference in the morning.

Latest posts

Back