Peter Simon's audition reel for Ideal World

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You know what? the mans an utter total disgrace, I'd sit him down and make him watch that, the hairs stood up on my arms I was that embarrassed for him.

Greg, have pity on us! I was just finishing my breakfast - now I've re-acquainted myself with it!! What a total embarrassment this bloke is - and always has been.

You're right H, I feel ashamed for him, least of all now we all know what his s*x face looks like, oh I feel sick! :puke::puke:

Perve Pete kinda took 'HoMedics' just a bit too literally here... :cheeky:

I watched it first without the sound and was mildly amused with the stupid faces he was pulling. With the sound on though it is appalling. I am no prude but he shouldn't have been allowed to carry on Like that. I don't know if to feel embarrassed for the idiot or throw up!

You know what? the mans an utter total disgrace, I'd sit him down and make him watch that, the hairs stood up on my arms I was that embarrassed for him.

I think you meant to put 'man' in inverted commas there. He's no man, not in any meaningful sense of the word, anyway. He's just weird. Uncomfortably embarrassing, carrying on with that whole Larry Grayson routine long after we'd all moved on from it because it was crass and unsophisticated and belonged to another era. I'm surprised he didn't try blacking up for his showreel, à la Black and White Minstrels. And you just know that off screen he is a total bitch to anyone he has to deal with, particularly those whom he think are beneath him.

I think you meant to put 'man' in inverted commas there. He's no man, not in any meaningful sense of the word, anyway. He's just weird. Uncomfortably embarrassing, carrying on with that whole Larry Grayson routine long after we'd all moved on from it because it was crass and unsophisticated and belonged to another era. I'm surprised he didn't try blacking up for his showreel, à la Black and White Minstrels. And you just know that off screen he is a total bitch to anyone he has to deal with, particularly those whom he think are beneath him.

I think the little diva forgets he's no where near the ranks of Frankie Howard or Larry Grayson, he's a failed 80s entertainer who's who's resorted to failed shopping channels, just hope IW see sense soon and get rid of him before they become failed because of the little drama queen, he's a liability.

Well, thanks for that!! Why did I click on that! My poor eyes!! I couldn't watch it all, it really was quite disgusting. I cannot believe that behaviour was/is allowed to go unchallenged. Appalling.

Someone supposedly "in the know" on another thread says .."they are closely regulated by OFCOM", and that they have to "behave themselves". What a joke! If this showreel was a one-off it would be bad, but he's done almost the self-same "act" (although admittedly probably not as bad as this) on actual bedding hours that have been transmitted - and before the watershed. He's also done the same kind of act on other product hours. It seems to confirm what I've said before: my view is they have absolutely no fear of OFCOM or ASA because they know these organisations have no clout when it comes to the crunch. And if they get a reprimand or a token fine, well so what? The money they make pays for that (i.e. the customers do).
I watched it first without the sound and was mildly amused with the stupid faces he was pulling. With the sound on though it is appalling. I am no prude but he shouldn't have been allowed to carry on Like that. I don't know if to feel embarrassed for the idiot or throw up!

I agree - I think behind all that smarm and fake smiles he is probably a very unpleasant person. The whole thing was deeply, disturbingly weird.

Well, thanks for that!! Why did I click on that! My poor eyes!! I couldn't watch it all, it really was quite disgusting. I cannot believe that behaviour was/is allowed to go unchallenged. Appalling.

When he popped up on one of the other channels selling jewellery, he was gone/got rid, after a short stint. Perhaps his "Act" didn't suit them, but it seems Ideal for I/W. Just seems so tacky.

When he popped up on one of the other channels selling jewellery, he was gone/got rid, after a short stint. Perhaps his "Act" didn't suit them, but it seems Ideal for I/W. Just seems so tacky.

He's just so sleazy. He knows exactly what he's doing. It's the same when he eats ice cream (for example) and he smears it all over his mouth! Just revolting behaviour.

I agree - I think behind all that smarm and fake smiles he is probably a very unpleasant person. The whole thing was deeply, disturbingly weird.

You can tell he's an unpleasant man, that smile never quite reaches his eyes.......when IW come to their senses and give him the boot, he can always get a bit part on Salems lot the tv premier, or is it just me who thinks he looks like he's going to sprout fangs when he looks straight down the camera? :vampire:

Latest posts

Back