Peter 'The Elvis Expert' Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fulhamphil

Registered Shopper
Lost track of the number of times the old duffer came out with 'not only' without ever seemingly getting to the punchline - all for a cheapo box set of Elvis CDs you can pick up almost anywhere. A wonderful 'momentum' apparently! Goodness knows what he was talking about - my two year old niece is more coherent!

Then on to a ring that looked like something that had fallen out of a Xmas cracker. Snapped up for almost seventy quid! Goodness, some people must have more money than sense. :talking:

Just posted about that on "IloveBid's" thread. Yeah, a gold overlay ring on what seems like base metal as it didn't say 925 ss, what a Bid iconic item! Auction World did the same b4 it bit the dust with supposed Elvis strands of hair. Yep when you're backs against the wall re complaints on shopping tv turn to the King, (Elvis), it seems lol!

Some of the jewellery he had on was horrendously tacky :puke:

ugg1_zps3a6d3256.jpg

ugg_zps68ef1f26.jpg

ugg2_zps6a1dc27e.jpg

ugg3_zpsc9eb1b3b.jpg

I'm 100% certain Elvis spins around in his grave when they have 'Elvis' events on at Bid.

Good luck if you get it.

ugg_zps68ef1f26.jpg

Ooh, I like THAT one! Demure and understated.

and just think how you could wear it Enigma, you can dress it up, dress it down, it'll take you from day to evening whether your wearing cute ballet pumps or killer heels!
a real statement piece that will attract many comments!!

Last edited:
"Christ on a bike!".......What the "F" is this? Gotta admit, I don't mind the Elvis "signature" pendant for it's trashy chic appeal!

Attachments

• elvis.jpg
    elvis.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 215
ugg_zps68ef1f26.jpg

and just think how you could wear it Enigma, you can dress it up, dress it down, it'll take you from day to evening whether your wearing cute ballet pumps or killer heels!
a real statement piece that will attract many comments!!

I can think of a few myself!! :headbang:

Hes just said Elvis met Lisa Marie whilst on secondment from his National Service

Errr

You mean Priscilla?

Hes just said Elvis met Lisa Marie whilst on secondment from his National Service

Errr

You mean Priscilla?

Oh didn't you know? Elvis married Lisa Marie and they had a daughter, Priscilla.

It must be true, as the world renowned Elvis authority Peter Simon keeps saying so. :taphead:

Were always been told to go & get it valued , if you took that lot to a jeweler you'll be lucky to get a tenner for all of them .
And you'll have to go in with a paper bag over your head (with air holes of course) in order to avoid the remotest chance of being recognised by anybody :grin:

I reckon if you took that lot to a jeweller for a valuation, you'd get one of two reactions, they'd either tell you not to waste their time and to "Get out and take this pile of junk with you", or they'd laugh so heartily and thank you for making their day!

I still don't understand how they fetched so much! They were so obviously trash! And whilst slightly off topic I know, does ANYONE really wear gold plated gent's jewellery? You see these god awful plated chains, and id bracelets that they say would be ideal as a special birthday present, but for whom may I ask? I know not everybody can afford the real thing, but from what I've seen most people would prefer to scrimp and save, buy from a catalogue, put on plastic to be able to buy their son or their hubby a piece of jewellery that isn't going to deteriorate in looks and turn their neck/wrist and interesting shade of green!

Am not sure what the obsession with Elvis is - truly. I think before PS has said some of the shite is imitation of Elvis's own jewellery but it's such awful tat - are there that many Elvis impersonators out there buying it all?!

Oh didn't you know? Elvis married Lisa Marie and they had a daughter, Priscilla.

It must be true, as the world renowned Elvis authority Peter Simon keeps saying so. :taphead:

AKA Priscilla Queen of the Desert lol :mysmilie_483:

Am not sure what the obsession with Elvis is - truly. I think before PS has said some of the shite is imitation of Elvis's own jewellery but it's such awful tat - are there that many Elvis impersonators out there buying it all?!

Blind drag queens, more like.

Elvis Memorabilia is made for Bid, it dosen't get much tackier does it? I know he was a well loved entertainer (if you like that sort of thing) but the vulgarity of the whole trade in his memory is a dream for a seriously downmarket TV Retailer like Sit Up. A match made in heaven i'd say.

I wonder if Elvis would have liked the Lapis, Gold Plated BRASS ring on sale now?

BRASS!!!

LAPIS.jpg

Elvis Memorabilia is made for Bid, it dosen't get much tackier does it? I know he was a well loved entertainer (if you like that sort of thing) but the vulgarity of the whole trade in his memory is a dream for a seriously downmarket TV Retailer like Sit Up. A match made in heaven i'd say.

I wonder if Elvis would have liked the Lapis, Gold Plated BRASS ring on sale now?

BRASS!!!

View attachment 8569

Brass & Lapis are so Rare!! Wirral you were so lucky to catch it! Hope you multi purchased!! Pile 'em high, sell 'em on! LOL :mysmilie_483:

Brass & Lapis are so Rare!! Wirral you were so lucky to catch it! Hope you multi purchased!! Pile 'em high, sell 'em on! LOL :mysmilie_483:

I can honestly say Nikki I have never, ever heard of a gold plated, brass ring.

Maybe this is what we can next expect Tanzanite to be set in?

Latest posts

Back