philip kingsley any good?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

China Girl

Registered Shopper
What do you think of Philip Kingsley shampoos and conditioners ? (not elasticiser)

I know I'll get honest reviews on here. I was thinking of the body building and re moisturising conditioner set

.Reviews are mixed, one saying it wrecked her hair, another saying they are the best thing ever.

I love the range, I have thick long wavy hair that is coloured regularly. I use the remoisturising conditioner and Elasticizer, if I don't use them then I notice it, the manageability of my hair decreases.

However, what works for one doesn't always work for another.

I meant the moisture balancing conditioner.......:mysmilie_465:

I've been using Liz Earle for a couple of weeks, not impressed with it at all, I think it's stripped colour out, although it's not supposed to.

Yes I like them too. I use the elasticizer, re-moisturising shampoo and the body building conditioner. I don't use them every day, but when I do use them I think my hair looks and feels better. I have only just been able to use the body building conditioner again after using it years ago, as they changed the ingredients and put in an ingredient I was allergic to. Was not best pleased. Anyway I was in M &S the other week and just picked it up and read the ingredients, and was delighted to find the ingredient I was allergic to is no longer in there.

I think you need to try them to see if they suit - as I once tried a brand, whose name slips my memory for the moment, that QVC used to sell and members on here loved, but when I tried it did nothing for my hair at all. My hair type is fine, curly/frizzy with blonde highlights if that helps.

I meant the moisture balancing conditioner.......:mysmilie_465:
That makes sense now! I thought the body building shampoo with the remoisturising conditioner was an unusual duo to put together for a kit! Hehe.

I couldn't comment on how good the body building shampoo and moisture balancing conditioner are I'm afraid as they're not for my hair type, but I can only speak positively of the range in general :) I've also used the flaky/itchy shampoo when I was having itchy scalp issues and that worked a treat.

For me, the Elasticizer is a wonder product, marvellous stuff! I tried his shampoo & conditioner for fine hair though, and they left my hair floppy, lank and miserable.

John Lewis & M&S shock travel kits of PK so you could possibly try in small sizes before buying larger, unless of course you use the QVC 30 day MBG!!

Personally the elasticizer was a disaster for me ..lbut my hair is so fine in texture ...I have learned loads from the Internet to help with the thickness of my hair . I now only massage my scalp very gently with the shampoo ..the garnier radiance one ...I feel terrible but the cruelty free was a disaster ...and Liz Earle of course being cruelty free did nothing for me ....anyway always treat the hair with kid gloves when it's wet ..gently does it massaging the scalp ..scalp very gently t as I read that this is where dirt is attracted more than the surface of the hair ...I gently use a wide toothed comb to tidy it up when wet ...( don't blow dry or anything only hairdressers once a month ) ..I comb it as less as I possibly can get away with espeacually when wet ...when wash Ii ido it properly but gently ...read all this up ....and it does help being menopausal I need all the help I can get ....I take supplements and try to eat as healthily as possible ...( I'm not uptight about it but I eat veg and fruit everyday ) the surface of my hair just gently put some shampoo in but I don't manipulate it too much as directed by an article ...it's working for me as my hair is staying respectable for my age and hormonal upheavals ..hope this helps ...would love to try elatisizer again but I would only try a sample ...I keep thinking. Maybe I did something wrong ..id be willing to try again ...:sun:

I don't get on with sodium laureth sulfate in shampoos - gives me really bad flaking. I'd try his shampoos in a flash if he reformulated without SLS.

Love elasticiser... trick with it is to get your hair properly wet first. I tried the prolonged application and that doesn't really do it for me - so I do it when I get in the shower... clean my teeth and cleanse my face, then rinse it off and shampoo. I am using the hairfix follicle + at present as my shampoo and conditioner as Wen wasn't giving me much body. I've very fine and thinning hair, which is coloured with a semi-permanent colour at the hairdressers (and SLS is no friend of colour). I don't wash it every day (another way to help your colour stay true for longer). Using elasticiser seems to make my feel both softer and stronger.

If you can get small sizes or samples to try it out - that's undoubtedly the best way... you may find it's wonderful, or you may find it's no better than what you can pick up in the supermarket... but I'd say it is a range which is worth trying.

I used these way back in a special collection when they first appeared on QVC. I was okay with the shampoo and conditioner, did not like the Elaz stuff. But then decided to stop using shampoos with SLS which are really cheap ingredients to foam products up, they are very drying on the skin and scalp too. Since Mr Kingsley is such an expect you would think he would know this and stop using in his products.

Oh I have read that about Liz Earle's shampoos and conditions, stripping colour even though suppose to be so gentle.

I fell for the hype and tried it a while back, but it never left my hair any different than my normal shampoo and conditioner did, also couldn't be doing with all the faffing around, wetting, applying, waiting for absolutely no difference, actually there was a difference but it was only in the price.

I fell for the hype and tried it a while back, but it never left my hair any different than my normal shampoo and conditioner did, also couldn't be doing with all the faffing around, wetting, applying, waiting for absolutely no difference, actually there was a difference but it was only in the price.

Surely it's not hype if it actually works for some users? I do agree though that they do over-claim (works for all hair types, for everybody) and I'm fed up of being told it was developed for Audrey Hepburn.

Let's face it, everyone has different experiences with all sorts of products - hair, skin, body products. But I agree that if it doesn't give you a superior result then it just represents a very expensive purchase.

Surely it's not hype if it actually works for some users? I do agree though that they do over-claim (works for all hair types, for everybody) and I'm fed up of being told it was developed for Audrey Hepburn.

Let's face it, everyone has different experiences with all sorts of products - hair, skin, body products. But I agree that if it doesn't give you a superior result then it just represents a very expensive purchase.

I fell for the hype how it's this amazing product for the hair, to me this was hype as it's no different to shampoo conditioner..........in my opinion.

I've tried the shampoos and conditioners on my colour treated hair, but to be honest I see no difference from what I normally use, which is TiGi products, expensive but very good, so I'm back to TIGI again, but I've used Elasticizer often, thinking it would help my hair grow, because I heard it does, however, I'm still waiting for my hair to grow long again. I always had long hair, then thought since I'm an old gal now I should have it short, but it's just not me, so I am trying to grow it again. I'd love to know what Pippa has used because her hair went from being very very short, to very long in no time"!!!

I love them - I have thick wavy coloured hair.

I get the body building shampoo (I love the smell) & the elastizer. I don't use conditioner.

I was 'lucky' enough to have a free sample from a friend who happens to be a hairdresser (sorry stylist, she would 'kill me if I called her a 'hairdresser' as she has severe disillusion of grandeur), any case she let me try a sample, but I couldn't really see any difference in my hair. Mine is normal non-greasy, non-oily, non-treated hair that is thick and washes well. I think it is probably best on hair that has been chemically treated or someone that maybe uses tongs/curlers/hair dryer (I use none, just a good old fashioned towel), as if the hair is chemically treated or dried by 'unnatural heat' then maybe the components of the elasticiser will be more beneficial.

Elasticiser did nothing much for me. My hair is fine, very short and not coloured or heat treated. It was just another conditioner. Maybe works better for damaged hair?

Latest posts

Back