Philip Kingsley Elasticizer or Ojon Treatment??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosey

Registered Shopper
I have just used the last of my ojon treatment and was about to purchase another (of *bay of course) and noticed that there is a Philip Kingsley tsv on the weekend. What are your opinions on this product - is the PK treatment better than the Ojon or should I stick to what I like?

I have fine hair, but a lot of it, I honestly can not tell you that the elastcizer did anything special for my hair at all. For me a waste of money, shampoo was ok, but also did nothing special for my hair. I will not buy PK again

I've tried both as my hair is very fine. To be honest as neither has worked for me, I think these brands promised much and didn't deliver so that makes them over priced as far as I'm concerned. I'd go with what you like.

Jan

i treated myself to a tub of elasticizer recently as my long, thick, colour treated hair was crying out for some moisture. i was quite impressed with the results but not the faff on wetting your hair beforehand & leaving it on for a while.

thought i'd give John Frieda a go on my last tesco order as it was on special offer, frizz ease miraculous recovery 150ml tub - better results than PK & no faff!

we both love the PK elasticiser & BOTH notice a difference.........no damping hair......me having a lot more than hubby puts oit on overnight sometimes for an extra boost.......ojon is OK but we both need to wash our hair more often........you do have 30 days via QVC & Then you could get it from elsewhere

I've not tried PK but, love anything and everything Ojon, leaves my hair so soft and has helped for the first time in years to start growing it, very very pleased with Ojon.

With regards to the Ojon treatment I do love it but, have found I get better results from using the Pre-Cleansing treatment.

I have just used the last of my ojon treatment and was about to purchase another (of *bay of course) and noticed that there is a Philip Kingsley tsv on the weekend. What are your opinions on this product - is the PK treatment better than the Ojon or should I stick to what I like?
I use both. I think that the Ojon is more of an intense treatment, using it for a good space of time can certainly keep condition in for hair and scalp too. I feel that I must always keep some at home. The Philip Kingsley is more of a softening treatment. I have fine but naturally curly hair so I use it as a styler on my hair to make my hair shine instead of having frizz. Also it can give body when you've styled your hair where Ojon would be too thick and weigh the hair down.

I also use both and have seen a definite softening/moisturing effect with them. The PK is a quick fix that I can use when DH is around as he's banned the Ojon because of the "someone's stubbed a fagged out in a coffee mug" smell! I have dry, colour-treated, chemically-straighted, blow-dried-daily-then-battered-with-GHDs hair so need to use super-conditioners. I also protein treat my hair fortnightly.

Anyone used the pre-treat from Ojon? I'm dying to try this as a two-minute fix would be great instead of wandering around for twenty with my fetching pink plastic shower cap on!

ETA to add that I love the JF Miraculous one-minute treatment, too.

Last edited:
i use both but not for the same job.
the pk is a real must have treatment and works differently tends to hold moisture in the hair.

ojon i use on the ends of my hair in between shampoos as it adds a gloss and conditions the hair without having to wash it.

was lucky to get the 500ml of the elasticizer will last me for 2 years so vfm.:up:

Ojon rules O.K.

Hi,

I swear by Ojon - I alternete the Pre-tratment and the Restorative treatment and the results have my hairdresser extatic.

The PK left me indifferent and indifferent is not really good enough, considering the cost of these products.

:talking::talking::talking:

It's interesting that the answers here are so varied! I have tried both and did enjoy using the Ojon but have found the PK range to really help with my hair. I wear it in a cropped bob. I have quite a lot of hairs but they are quite fine so they pick up static easily. My hair is quite wavy but heavy so it can flop easily and can frizz up. I choose, most of the time, to wear my hair straighter than it wants to by and since using PK elasticizer my hair has more 'guts', holds its shape better (both my own waves and the ironed-out version). It also keeps my colour much longer. So for me, despite the cost, it is good value for money. I spend plenty on getting my hair cut and coloured so if I can eke out another week or so thanks to PK then I am happy!
I should also add that I use GHD styling products so that may have some impact.

For any fans of the elasticizer, the litre size is back in stock item number 224171.:grin:

Will there be any beauty day prices? Wonder if I should hold off to see if there is any further reduction, although this is really good value for this size. :wink:

Ojon. I have the PK elaticizer & it does really nothing for my hair at all.

I have thick, coloured, wavy, short hair and I used ojon (treatment and shampoo/conditioner) last year - found it ok but not enough to reorder.

I was at Mum's last weekend and she has some PK shampoo/conditioner for FINE hair (the alternative was a very cheap OTC shampoo that had given me a dodgy scalp the week before). I used the PK on my hair and it has never been so soft and shiny, also my scalp felt great :)

So I was thinking of getting one of the kits.....Think I'll hold off til weekend :sun:

I have fine, oily, straight coloured hair and the PK Elasticizer really gives my hair more body and bounce; but I did not think much of his shampoo. I have not tried Ojon because, maybe mistakenly, I have always felt it more suitable for drier hair types.

Latest posts

Back