Pipa engaged!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pandora

Registered Shopper
Pipa has announced on her website that she has got engaged to a fella she knew 22 years ago. There is a photo of her ring and a piccy of the happy couple. Congratulations to them both, I hope they will be very happy together!

Good luck to her .
Can I just ask where you read this?
As I couldn't find it on her QVC blog but maybe I just can't see it for looking.

I don't know what it is these days but, divorced for 5 minutes, and they are already in another relationship, never mind becoming engaged! My fiance and I split up in 2007, after 13 years together engaged - maybe explains it, as I wouldn't get married - but no way could I have entertained a relationship with another man so soon. Still, if she feels she is ready, and I know the marriage had been faltering for some time (understandable, as he was determined to pursue his dream of music stardom!), then all power to her, and as long as her kids are content and happy with the situation, happiness to them all.

Congratulations to Pipa, what a hearwarming story.
Lousise66, what has time got to do with anything? Life is short and when love comes along, be thankful and grab it with both hands.

I agree with you both - yes life is short and events can make you look at things in a new perspective, grabbing opportunities with both hands. But at the same time, some people do seem to jump in to relationships at the drop of a hat - I can't fathom the likes of Jordan/Katie Price who feels compelled to have a kid with a different bloke every two years.

I don't know what it is these days but, divorced for 5 minutes, and they are already in another relationship, never mind becoming engaged! My fiance and I split up in 2007, after 13 years together engaged - maybe explains it, as I wouldn't get married - but no way could I have entertained a relationship with another man so soon. Still, if she feels she is ready, and I know the marriage had been faltering for some time (understandable, as he was determined to pursue his dream of music stardom!), then all power to her, and as long as her kids are content and happy with the situation, happiness to them all.
As an example of time not being important in life's decisions, I had been going out with a lovely fella for ten months when I met my husband on a night out. I knew immediately that he was 'the one' and fortunately he felt the same way about me. We got engaged after 3 months and were married within the year. Last year we celebrated 40 years together and still feel the same way as we did then so there you go. I'd also say take life by the short and curlies if you find love!
P.S I've just read this back and thought it may sound a bit cheesy but decided to post it anyway.

I agree with you both - yes life is short and events can make you look at things in a new perspective, grabbing opportunities with both hands. But at the same time, some people do seem to jump in to relationships at the drop of a hat - I can't fathom the likes of Jordan/Katie Price who feels compelled to have a kid with a different bloke every two years.

I know what you mean with the likes of Katie Price, makes you wonder if she really and truly loves the men she marries or is just infatuated with them. Pippa's blog mentions that she had found true love with a man she had previously known - maybe he is her true soulmate. I would like to think so.:heart:

As an example of time not being important in life's decisions, I had been going out with a lovely fella for ten months when I met my husband on a night out. I knew immediately that he was 'the one' and fortunately he felt the same way about me. We got engaged after 3 months and were married within the year. Last year we celebrated 40 years together and still feel the same way as we did then so there you go. I'd also say take life by the short and curlies if you find love!
P.S I've just read this back and thought it may sound a bit cheesy but decided to post it anyway.

Not cheesy at all, I'd been married to my Ex about 4 years when I started a new job and met my current husband on my first day. My marriage was over from that day forward, which sounds a bit shallow and flippant I know. Anyhoo 3 years further on my decree absolute came though at the end of October and I married the love of my life in mid-November and we've been married for 21 years. I don't have a low opinion of marriage, quite the opposite, but if you're ready to marry get on with it I say. Sadly I seem to have far more unhappily married friends than "still crazy in love" ones. I hope Pipa's very happy and that her children feel secure in their new family unit. :mysmilie_3:

Aww i like Pipa, Shes one of my favourite presenters. Congratulations to the Happy couple :clapping:

I know what you mean with the likes of Katie Price, makes you wonder if she really and truly loves the men she marries or is just infatuated with them. Pippa's blog mentions that she had found true love with a man she had previously known - maybe he is her true soulmate. I would like to think so.:heart:

Said in the paper yesterday that Katie Price was thinking about giving him another chance!!

I met Pippa some time ago at an event at QVC & she was very nice & friendly---so just want to wish her every happiness for the future.

Always nice to hear a happy story for a change. I really like Pippa and wish her all the very best this time around.

When happiness shows up, give it a comfortable seat. So pleased for Pipa and her fiance and wish them a happy future.

CC

Latest posts

Back