Pipa

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The gang who live local to London will all be in tier 4 themselves. But I think they can still go in to work as they can't all do their jobs from home. But it may mean we get a cast of least favourite on a short repeat loop.
Mercifully, Christmas day is normally repeats or pre-filmed, so who knows when that will actually have been prepped.

I actually like her and I was very happy for her when she re-married to an old flame. She's not the worst presenter either by a long shot she just needs to tone down that voice. QVC might find themselves very short of presenters once the further lockdowns start.

CC
You are such a lovely person & write the nicest comments about people. Mr CC & Bryan are very lucky boys to have you in their lives.

I thought he was prematurely grey, as his face didn't look particularly older than hers.
When she married him it was mentioned he had been her tutor when she was at college. So yes he will be a good bit older than her. On Facebook people were asking if that was her father. I noticed when she did marry him her image did a big turn gone the short hair rock chic wannabe to the longer softer look.

When she married him it was mentioned he had been her tutor when she was at college. So yes he will be a good bit older than her. On Facebook people were asking if that was her father. I noticed when she did marry him her image did a big turn gone the short hair rock chic wannabe to the longer softer look.
Yes but she always said the previous Canadian husband always was wanting her to grown her hair long like she’d had when she was much younger, but had told him her with long hair again was never going to happen.

Yes but she always said the previous Canadian husband always was wanting her to grown her hair long like she’d had when she was much younger, but had told him her with long hair again was never going to happen.
I guess he wasn't the man for her.
She looks good with the long hair.

The presenter's voice I HAVE to turn down as it makes my tinnitus worse, is Alison Young's. Oh my word, it's an octave higher than it should be and when she's on, her introduction to the product goes on and on and on and on.....I just want the guest presenter to give me all the info & she can fill in little bits here and there. And now the red haired girl is back (can't remember her name) her voice is annoying me, it's not too high, but it's annoying. I'm sure my voice would be annoying to these people but I'm not a QVC presenter. I do find myself warming more & more to Katy P generally as a presenter, she's taken over from my liking of Julia Roberts who seems to be becoming more and more hesitant in her presenting skills. I used to think she was word perfect, but not now. Ah well, we're all getting older.

The presenter's voice I HAVE to turn down as it makes my tinnitus worse, is Alison Young's. Oh my word, it's an octave higher than it should be and when she's on, her introduction to the product goes on and on and on and on.....I just want the guest presenter to give me all the info & she can fill in little bits here and there. And now the red haired girl is back (can't remember her name) her voice is annoying me, it's not too high, but it's annoying. I'm sure my voice would be annoying to these people but I'm not a QVC presenter. I do find myself warming more & more to Katy P generally as a presenter, she's taken over from my liking of Julia Roberts who seems to be becoming more and more hesitant in her presenting skills. I used to think she was word perfect, but not now. Ah well, we're all getting older.
Kathryn Goldsmith. I find her hypnotic, but not in a good way. I too don't mind Katy Pullinger. Of the more recent recruits, she's easily the best. Eilidh, Alex and Kathryn are nothing to write home about. I find Eilidh and Alex particularly hard to watch (but Kathryn was a switch off before she went off on maternity leave).

With the amount of times she changes her look, Catherine Huntley is about 5 presenters for the price of one. I saw her on yesterday and didn't recognise her at all!

I like Alison Young as she doesn't take herself too seriously, but her voice is quite harsh.

Kathryn Goldsmith. I find her hypnotic, but not in a good way. I too don't mind Katy Pullinger. Of the more recent recruits, she's easily the best. Eilidh, Alex and Kathryn are nothing to write home about. I find Eilidh and Alex particularly hard to watch (but Kathryn was a switch off before she went off on maternity leave).

With the amount of times she changes her look, Catherine Huntley is about 5 presenters for the price of one. I saw her on yesterday and didn't recognise her at all!

I like Alison Young as she doesn't take herself too seriously, but her voice is quite harsh.

Yes that's what it is, her voice is hypnotic in a bad way lol Then you've got Catherine Huntley who sounds like she has a come to bed kind of voice! I find Katy Pullinger's voice and approach very natural and friendly, she doesn't come across as pushy even though she's obviously trying to sell the product, she's my favourite presenter now Julia's slipped down :-D

I've written many times about my horror of ageing & maybe this is why I find it interesting that some people don't appear to look their age, acting 'old' is a different thing & I've taught many aged 11 who behaved as though they were retired! I think Pipa's husband looks older than his years, obviously he may have been a more mature student than her, however, this photo shows them looking much the same age.

I went onto the Q's site to have a look at CHuntley dressed like Dick Emery/Roy Kinnear, had a laugh & then wasted several minutes looking at the 'Presenter Blogs' - why? Anyhoo, Pipa's husband will be 50 this year so I see him as one of those people who look older when younger & remain that way for decades.

Latest posts

Back