Please help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Londoners

Registered Shopper
Hi, I am so fed up with Ideal World who appear to have recharged me for an item instead of refunding me - their email responses (when they bother to reply) are inadequate and I simply don't have time to constantly call them from work - only to be told a manager will call back - I'm still waiting (calling at night seems a total waste of time too) I have therefore been charged £49.98 for an item costing £24.99 (including postage) that I ordered on 18th June and never received! The CS person I spoke to tonight said I should send my bank statement to them - even though the details are on my account on their website - as if I would do that, and give them all my personal details (and those of my husband) - my salary etc is itemised.

I feel the onus is on them to put this right and I wondered if any of you have an email address for a senior member of staff whom I could contact?

Once this is resolved I am closing my account and will never shop with them again!!

Any advice will be gatefully received!!

Thanks so much,

Lesley

The Londoners:mad::mad:

If you paid by cheque, not sure what you can do :(..but if you paid by visa your visa provider may be able to help, mine did, big time, almost overnight, when had issues over payment with a company, they really know how to take on the ~big boys~ and win! :rolleyes: :D

daydreamer

I am also having problems ordered 2 items the same received only 1 rung them and explained they said they would send a letter out to fill in still not received it or 2nd item or refund,

i think they count on you just giving up

will not be shopping with them again

:confused:
You were warned!

not sure what you mean by that - in fairness to Ideal World, although they have never been the most efficient of companies, I have occasionally ordered from them over the years and this is the first time they have messed up in this way.

Last edited:
Thanks to all who have made positive suggestions (I don't think I've posted enough times yet on this new database to give 'thanks' - I'm sorry to say I paid by debit card - have been trying hard not to use my credit cards as I'm not disciplined enough to pay them off at the end of the month.

I've since received yet another totally unhelpful email saying 'we can see this matter has been dealt with by Customer Services' - and nothing more! Will try to call Customer Relations on Monday morning and if I don't get anywhere will send a special delivery letter giving them a limited to respond - after that I'll have to use my employer's free legal advice service. I'll stick to QVC in future!

Thanks to all who have made positive suggestions (I don't think I've posted enough times yet on this new database to give 'thanks' - I'm sorry to say I paid by debit card - have been trying hard not to use my credit cards as I'm not disciplined enough to pay them off at the end of the month.

I've since received yet another totally unhelpful email saying 'we can see this matter has been dealt with by Customer Services' - and nothing more! Will try to call Customer Relations on Monday morning and if I don't get anywhere will send a special delivery letter giving them a limited to respond - after that I'll have to use my employer's free legal advice service. I'll stick to QVC in future!

The Thanks Button has now been removed. See the posting from Graham

Hi - apologies - I've barely been online recently due to working very long hours in my new job, but had intended to get back to this thread - I had an emnail via the CEO's office, whom I had copied in on m email to customer services - at least they actually bothered to read my email, which is more than customer services ever did - and confirmed that the reason for my appearing to have been invoiced twice is a computer glitch with the website, in fact I have been refunded and was only invoiced once. Notwithstanding this, I shall not order from Ideal World again as the whole way this order was handled was inefficient.

thanks so much to everyone who reponded and tried to help.

Lesley

Latest posts

Back