Please stop !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Imogene9500

Registered Shopper
I have not visited for some time, but honestly the negative comments on this site really annoy me. I know the comments are from a very small minority and not representative of Gemporia's huge following. Over 10 years I have bought some lovely pieces most recently a suite of gold set beautiful blue natural aquamarine and an 18k yellow gold ring. My other love is Gemporia candles easily as good as Jo Malone at a fraction of the price. Shop with confidence and return if not for you. xx

I have not visited for some time, but honestly the negative comments on this site really annoy me. I know the comments are from a very small minority and not representative of Gemporia's huge following. Over 10 years I have bought some lovely pieces most recently a suite of gold set beautiful blue natural aquamarine and an 18k yellow gold ring. My other love is Gemporia candles easily as good as Jo Malone at a fraction of the price. Shop with confidence and return if not for you. xx
How can people's comments annoy you if you don't frequent this site?

And why ahould people cenaor what they say just because their experiences of Gemporia don't match yours?

Blindly following anyone and anything is never a good idea, you know. And going out of your way to squash dissenting opinions says a lot more than just disagreeing with them.

Andvif you think that the opinions on this part of the site are shocking, I suggest that you stay away from the Ideal World section.

How can people's comments annoy you if you don't frequent this site?

And why ahould people cenaor what they say just because their experiences of Gemporia don't match yours?

Blindly following anyone and anything is never a good idea, you know. And going out of your way to squash dissenting opinions says a lot more than just disagreeing with them.

Andvif you think that the opinions on this part of the site are shocking, I suggest that you stay away from the Ideal World section.
I don't think my comments fall into the 'blindly following' category. I just feel some people seem to make it their mission in life to criticise and spend far too much time doing it on sites like this. There is more to life!

I don't think my comments fall into the 'blindly following' category. I just feel some people seem to make it their mission in life to criticise and spend far too much time doing it on sites like this. There is more to life!
How would this site survive if people stop discussing what they see on, or buy from, selly telly channels?

You're advocating that people should only post stuff that reflects positively on channels like Gemporia. Which leaves people with bad experiences out.

100% positive comments when people may not have great experiences would paint a false picture. And so leads to my "following blindly" comment.

Do you know who else tries to silence dissenters? Religious cults and dictatorships like North Korea. So you're in fantastic company.

Finally, it is up to the website owner to decide what can and can't be discussed. So coming on here and demanding that people only post positive comments really isn't constructive.

And it does kind of paint you in a very strange light, if you're that obsessed with a selly telly channel that you have to demand that people should only post one type of comment about them

This forum allows members to post positive and negative comments on all things Shopping Telly.

Okay, sorry but Jo Malone candles are over priced for what they are. The hype of the name sells them. Now Diptyque hand poured since 1960 they are quality.

The endless makeup candles now handbags oh they are vegan leather which means synthetic scarves now other clothing. They should change their name as its lucky to actually catch them sell actual jewelry.

Don't get me started on Adena with the nose proding head scratching fixing her top to stop.her boots falling out.

How would this site survive if people stop discussing what they see on, or buy from, selly telly channels?

You're advocating that people should only post stuff that reflects positively on channels like Gemporia. Which leaves people with bad experiences out.

100% positive comments when people may not have great experiences would paint a false picture. And so leads to my "following blindly" comment.

Do you know who else tries to silence dissenters? Religious cults and dictatorships like North Korea. So you're in fantastic company.

Finally, it is up to the website owner to decide what can and can't be discussed. So coming on here and demanding that people only post positive comments really isn't constructive.

And it does kind of paint you in a very strange light, if you're that obsessed with a selly telly channel that you have to demand that people should only post one type of comment about them
Oh dear .... I'm not going to reply all of the above, suffice to say the title of my post was meant as a head in hands, why so much negativity moment rather than Korean dictator style command lol! I had just received some beautiful jewellery and wanted to share that positive feedback. Yes you do need to be discerning, not fall for the hype that comes with all marketing, but there are great products to be had at Gemporia 😀For the record I do not feel less than 5 posts in the same number of years can be described as obsession. Happy shopping 😁!

What was that all about?
I'm not sure tbh and I started the conversation. I can't say I appreciate being told I'm in good company with cult fanatics, dictators etc.. 🤣 I assume the use of Vapid in user name is intended to be ironic ... 😁 Will leave a few more years before revisiting this site.

🤣🤣🤣 Someone who has obviously never heard of the saying 'everyone's entitled to an opinion'. One of the faithful, perhaps....(Hattie, was that you?)
No, couldn't be Hattie could it? She has a big mouth but very thin skin. Hang on a minute....

🤣🤣🤣 Someone who has obviously never heard of the saying 'everyone's entitled to an opinion'. One of the faithful, perhaps....(Hattie, was that you?)
You obviously didn't read my previous posts where I was defending people's rights to make any poats. Including ones critical of Gemporia. Which would be something Gemporia staff members would definitely advocate for.

IIf you want to direct your comment elsewhere, try the author of the opening post. You know, the one who thinks that people shouldn't post any criticism of Gemporia at all.

You obviously didn't read my previous posts where I was defending people's rights to make any poats. Including ones critical of Gemporia. Which would be something Gemporia staff members would definitely advocate for.

IIf you want to direct your comment elsewhere, try the author of the opening post. You know, the one who thinks that people shouldn't post any criticism of Gemporia at all.
Eh? Think you have the wrong end of the stick here!

Eh? Think you have the wrong end of the stick here!
Sorry. I was feeling very wound up at the time.

Since then I have eaten, slept and slowly realised that if someone wants to one day stridently defend a shopping telly channel to the death regardless of all evidence of their tacky shoddiness, then have a Damascus-type conversion and start demanding the channel's downfall the next when other posters haven't automatically fallen in line with their cries of unfairness, they're probably best politely avoided.

Much like myself 😜

Latest posts

Back