please take their I pads away.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
[SUB][/SUB]This afternoon Pippa has spent more time looking at her I pad than showing the jewellery. I didn't watch to see pictures of people's dogs or listen to the inane crap being tweeted in. Yes i know its NY day but these I pads appear to be pemanantly surgically attached to them .

Pippa is one of my favourites but at the moment i would like to take her I pad and .........

Last edited:
I clocked the ipads last night...first JR then DF...they looked so silly...looked like they were clutching clipboards

Thanks Janie. No still feel rotten and very grumpy.
I know thew feeling LE! Had this flu for about 2 and a half weeks! Had to cancel all my festive engagements & when I did manage to get to my parents I had to get back home the next day, just feel awful but gradually more human. Doc's signed me off work 'till Monday. A bit of dry weather wouldn't go amiss like we have today. I'm sure the wet damp air makes it worse! Best wishes for feeling better vey soon Hun! x

I was thinking "put the bloo*y i Pad down" too when I was watching today...very annoying and very boring *yawn*

I know thew feeling LE! Had this flu for about 2 and a half weeks! Had to cancel all my festive engagements & when I did manage to get to my parents I had to get back home the next day, just feel awful but gradually more human. Doc's signed me off work 'till Monday. A bit of dry weather wouldn't go amiss like we have today. I'm sure the wet damp air makes it worse! Best wishes for feeling better vey soon Hun! x

Thanks a lot. mine is sickness and dizziness ,had it since Fri .

Hope you feel better soon.x

Pipa did spend rather a lot of time on it during the LR show, I thought maybe due to lack of LR stock for the show, trying to pad it out a bit.

I enjoyed Pippa with her ipad tbh kept me watching otherwise id have switched off im afraid. But i agree especially when they have a guest and there constantly turning to the ipad must be annoying for the guest sat there .

Personally I find them irritating especially if they have a guest presenter with them, it's almost like sitting reading a book when you have visitors. Keep the Ipads for off air time is what I say!

Yep. They've become a prop that some presenters are getting too attached to. I'm not into that stuff at all and it comes across as quite rude and very boring. Just thought I'd add my support!

I'm really surprised that they let presenters take responsibility or reading/editing tweets. There have been a couple of incidents of messages getting read out that shouldn't have been (JR!) and it's a matter of time before the next one gets through. I guess it's a voluntary thing seeing as they don't all do it but surely the gallery shoud be reading and editing tweets and scrolling the chosen ones across the screen as they used to do with text messages.

Totally agree it is so rude to the guest.

This afternoon there was no guest and it was just as annoying. An array of dog pictures, tweets about what Pippa means in different languages , and so it went on....

If they didn't have enough stock then don't do the show or cut it short.

Yep. They've become a prop that some presenters are getting too attached to. I'm not into that stuff at all and it comes across as quite rude and very boring. Just thought I'd add my support!

Well said all! I haven't seen Q today but I find the worst for it are Debbie Flint & Alison when she gets Wil to do it for her. It's just a load of self indulgent rubbish to watch & no one relished the look of Debbie puffing her chest out in a dress that looked about 2 sizes too small when she showed us mere mortals her tablet & how we could tweet/facebook msg her! A quick reference fine or reading texts that are sent into the show as they appear on screen but this continual tablet referral is just too much in my opinion.

Mmm my theory is they think it makes them look popular. Tweet me and I'll red out your message. Um no tell out about the items, the colours, the sizing etc. The constant tweeting is rude. Similar to folks that can't tear themselves away from their mobiles phones just in case a message comes through!

I enjoyed Pippa with her ipad tbh kept me watching otherwise id have switched off im afraid. But i agree especially when they have a guest and there constantly turning to the ipad must be annoying for the guest sat there .

Completely agree with you Autumn, I thought it was very entertaining and very light hearted given that it's New Years day and Pipa was on her own - i was waiting for someone to whisper in her ear to stop and was glad they didnt. It might be a bit much on every other session but I think Pipa judged it well.
:mysmilie_480:
I also agree that it's quite rude when they have the iPad glued to them whilst they are supposed to be focusing on the guest - someone needs to tell them that it's a prop to be used on occasion but not every occasion.

The iPad thing is really quite annoying, more so when there's a guest on with them - a couple of times the presenter's been caught off guard on camera flicking through their iPad whilst the guest is talking and that just looks really rude and unprofessional. No matter how many times the presenter has heard the spiel, it's still really bad manners. I think the social networking thing live on air is hit and miss. Sometimes they've been caught off guard with rude/unkind tweets or sometimes they just focus on it too much during an hour. Occasionally it ends up as self indulgent nonsense with people tweeting/facebooking them on how fabulous they (the presenters) look etc. It ends up cutting into the time in which they could be telling us details about the products they're selling.

Latest posts

Back