Pork & Cider Receipe

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mitzi

A bit of a Tiger
Please can any one out there post a good Pork and Cider Receipe?

Many thanks if you have a receipe you can recommend.

(smacking lips in anticipation) :happy:

Ok
This is a WW recipe.
LEAN diced pork (I buy a whole peice of either fillet or leg and dice it myself)
Onions (and any other vegetables that take your fancy. diced to about the same size as the pork.)
Apples (I use both cooking and nice crisp eating apples) Peeled and cored in the same size dice as the rest of the ingredients.
Stock and cider (50/50 works well and if you don't have cider apple juice works just as well).
There are 2 different ways to cook this.
FIRST
Collect all of the ingredients and get them prepared.
Heat a large heavy based pan
Spray with low calorie cooking spray
Fry off the pork in batches (so you don't cool the pan down) remove and put to one side.
Add the vegetables to the pan and turn down the heat, allow them to soften but not brown.
Return the pork add the cooking apples and cover with the stock/cider
Cover and simmer on the hob until the meat is tender, it will take longer than you think, the meat will be tough and dry if you undercook it.
Just before the meat is cooked add in the eating apple , cook for another 10 mins.
Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning
If the sauce is too thin for you then thicken with cornflour mixed with some of the COOLED sauce and then bring to the BOIL stirring ALL THE TIME

SECOND
Fry off the meat and veg as before. (You don't have to do this stage but it does add to the final flavour.
place into the crock pot of your slow cooker along with the cooking apples
Pour the stock/cider 3/4 of the way up the ingredients
Leave for as long as you want.
Just before you are going to eat it add in the eating apples and cook for another 15 mins (on high if you can).
If the sauce is too thin then transfer to a saucepan and thicken as above.
I haven't given exact quantities as I don't weigh anything except when baking.
You could also
Place your joint of pork into a roasting tin on top off a mix of eating apples and onions in big chunks.
Pour around the cider and roast as normal basting during cooking.
You can then thicken the juices to make a chunky gravy.
Enjoy
Hope this helps

Many thanks for your post MM. I can't wait to try the receipes out. I'm very good at chucking in any veg that I have. My family have got used to my adaptions. No two meals in my house ever turn out the same, some hits and some misses but it's great when the meal is a success.

:mysmilie_488:

Latest posts

Back