Practical gifts for women

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got an egg holder for my birthday this year( him indoors has 2 chickens) shaped like a helter skelter.
I actually had no words. I couldn't even say thankyou. I was mute.
The next day I took myself to the cash point with his card and took £100 out, I never made any comment and he never asked about the £100

Hope you bought something fabulously frivolous with it. BTW everytime I see the little cat with the hat on it really makes me smile :happy:

My mum once bought me a toaster for christmas. I couldn't even look pleased. A foot spa was another "why on earth have you bought me this" present. What on earth do mum's and significant others think all the emailed lists of Decleor and Jo Malone stuff are for????

Yorko - the little cat is Mao he wore the hat for .3 of a second and then I gave it to my friend who has 6 cats and one wore it for hours!
And I bought lots of things he would consider a waste, knitting wool, cushions and face cream etc!

(mum writes)

I think my best pointless gift in that vein was a second hand clarinet. Never mind the handbags and shoes I dropped hints about. He presented it to me and said "You played the recorder so I thought you could learn this."

I was gobsmacked. It went back to the shop after I tried to stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

Yorko - the little cat is Mao he wore the hat for .3 of a second and then I gave it to my friend who has 6 cats and one wore it for hours!
And I bought lots of things he would consider a waste, knitting wool, cushions and face cream etc!

Hes is total cutie

Flamenco, I was kind only taking £100 wasn't I?
I did feel for him a little as he thought it was brilliant it was red to match the kitchen! image.jpg
Offending article and banana cake made with the eggs ( it makes it very yellow!)

thats nothing last year i got a chain saw year before i got a compresser but i got a range rover instead of an easter egg so its not all bad xxx

My husband bought me an excersise bike as a " welcome home " present after I'd had a hysterectomy. Men!

My late husband once bought me a sewing machine, not too bad of a present you may think but let`s put it this way, I started making a cookery apron in my first year at seconday school and it was still in pieces on the day i left school, not a stitch done to it. I also began knitting a baby coat for my first baby and it still isn`t finished and he`s 37 now, my first hubby was aware of my lack of sewing skills so his gift was more than a pink elephant in the house !

My husband bought me an excersise bike as a " welcome home " present after I'd had a hysterectomy. Men!

Well the thought was there ! He probably thought it would help you back to full fitness following your op, bless him

thats nothing last year i got a chain saw year before i got a compresser but i got a range rover instead of an easter egg so its not all bad xxx

Do hope you're buying him something like a Clarisonic this year then, or the complete range of Decleor, Elemis, or whatever brand you like using!

Years ago my husband really played up the excitement of his Christmas present to me. We went out with some friends on Christmas Eve and I couldn't resist getting my friend Jackie to find out what the gift was and to tell me whether I would be thrilled or not. She didn't say much but her reaction said it all. The following day it turned out to be a food processor. Believe me he's been paying ever since.

Years ago my husband really played up the excitement of his Christmas present to me. We went out with some friends on Christmas Eve and I couldn't resist getting my friend Jackie to find out what the gift was and to tell me whether I would be thrilled or not. She didn't say much but her reaction said it all. The following day it turned out to be a food processor. Believe me he's been paying ever since.

There are people on here who would love a red Kitchenaid Artisan!

BTW I've just had an email from Q, it seems they are now selling the Artisan, not the domestic model (or have I got them mixed up?)

My husband and I don't exchange gifts by agreement, that's why we go to Florida twice a year and also fit in a short break, time off permitting.

Last year we did Horse Guards 5 star in London and this year it's NYC for 5 days, which suits us to perfection. After all you can't splash put on gifts and travel like we do.

If I want perfume I buy it, ditto with clothes and my beloved Mulberry bags.

Latest posts

Back