• Homedics TSV 5.jpg
    Homedics TSV 5.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 102
Homedics UV-Clean Pop-Up Phone Sanitiser Case
Item Number: 521108
QVC Price £55.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.98
P&P £2.95

This Portable Sanitiser from Homedics utilises patented pop-up technology and clever UV-C LED sanitising to clean your mobile phone, or other small items, in just 60 seconds. With a sleek, compact design, this rechargeable device folds flat so you can easily use it when you're out and about then just pop it back in your bag when you are done!

*A great saving: If you were to buy this Homedics UV-Clean Pop-Up Phone Sanitiser Case directly from Homedics, you’d pay £79.99. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £39.98 plus P&P, you’re saving £37.06.

How it works - the sanitiser is so simple to use, just pop up the case, put your phone in and after 30 seconds, flip your phone over and repeat. The pop-up technology maximizes UV-C LED coverage during sanitisation and you'll get up to 70 uses with just one charge.

Portable convenience - this clever, compact design is an essential when you’re on the go. Our phones are in constant use and need regular cleaning, so this handy pop-up device is easy to take and use anywhere, making it a must-have for your handbag, gym bag or car.

Safety first - the Portable Sanitiser is free of mercury and chemicals and features an advanced safety lock that prevents UV exposure and ensures the device can only be used when its fully closed and the zip pull is positioned magnetically into the on position. It helps reduce bacteria concentration on objects stored inside for one minute so you can enjoy peace of mind when using yours.

• Fits most mobile phones including larger ones such as iPhone 11 Pro Max, Google Pixel 4 XL, and Samsung Galaxy S8
  • The use of this Portable Sanitiser doesn’t replace normal hygiene and cleaning methods

What’s in the box?

• 1 x UV-Clean Sanitisation Phone Case
  • 1 x instruction booklet
  • 1 x QS guide
  • 1 x USB cable

Well they do say that whilst we are furiously washing our hands the phone screen is like a petri dish. I clean mine with spectacles cleaner! I would like to know if Alter Ego uses Dew sanitiser, please. I haven’t tried this in case it buggers the phone, 😀.

Homedics UV-Clean Pop-Up Phone Sanitiser Case
Item Number: 521108
QVC Price £55.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.98
P&P £2.95

This Portable Sanitiser from Homedics utilises patented pop-up technology and clever UV-C LED sanitising to clean your mobile phone, or other small items, in just 60 seconds. With a sleek, compact design, this rechargeable device folds flat so you can easily use it when you're out and about then just pop it back in your bag when you are done!

*A great saving: If you were to buy this Homedics UV-Clean Pop-Up Phone Sanitiser Case directly from Homedics, you’d pay £79.99. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £39.98 plus P&P, you’re saving £37.06.

How it works - the sanitiser is so simple to use, just pop up the case, put your phone in and after 30 seconds, flip your phone over and repeat. The pop-up technology maximizes UV-C LED coverage during sanitisation and you'll get up to 70 uses with just one charge.

Portable convenience - this clever, compact design is an essential when you’re on the go. Our phones are in constant use and need regular cleaning, so this handy pop-up device is easy to take and use anywhere, making it a must-have for your handbag, gym bag or car.

Safety first - the Portable Sanitiser is free of mercury and chemicals and features an advanced safety lock that prevents UV exposure and ensures the device can only be used when its fully closed and the zip pull is positioned magnetically into the on position. It helps reduce bacteria concentration on objects stored inside for one minute so you can enjoy peace of mind when using yours.

• Fits most mobile phones including larger ones such as iPhone 11 Pro Max, Google Pixel 4 XL, and Samsung Galaxy S8
  • The use of this Portable Sanitiser doesn’t replace normal hygiene and cleaning methods

What’s in the box?

• 1 x UV-Clean Sanitisation Phone Case
  • 1 x instruction booklet
  • 1 x QS guide
  • 1 x USB cable

Does Strato know if this particular UV kills the Covid virus please?

Well they do say that whilst we are furiously washing our hands the phone screen is like a petri dish. I clean mine with spectacles cleaner! I would like to know if Alter Ego uses Dew sanitiser, please. I haven’t tried this in case it buggers the phone, 😀.

Indeed I do. My phone is water-resistant so I'm happy to squirt it with Dew. Wallet (if used - OH is tending to use his phone to pay rather than dig a card out these days) and specs also get the Dew treatment. Car key gets the Dew on a cloth rather than a spray.

Specs cleaner if high alcohol will do the trick but I'd read that it may affect the coating on some phones. Dew is close to neutral pH so I'm happy using it. BUT (there's ALWAYS a but) only use the Disinfect on these items. Apart from the Superclean not being effective on viruses, it has a very high pH so great for cleaning your sink, etc., not so good on sensitive surfaces.

Using Dew on OH's glasses has been better for them. He still has the oily skin of a teen and lashes like Bambi that touch the lenses :rolleyes:. His glasses get unbelievably oily so he's always used those little packet wipes. They have, however, stripped most of the coating off the lenses. Dew hasn't damaged his spare pair in the year I've been using it to clean them. The recurring spot he had under the nose pad has disappeared, too.

Is your phone waterproof/resistant, Mazza? If not, I'd suggest using it damp on a cloth rather than spraying.

Yes, UVC C does, not A or B as found in sunlight

There are light boxes springing up all over the place these days but I'd be careful about where the light falls on the nm scale. Also, don't look at it directly as it can damage your eyes.

I'm thrilled to see hospitals and businesses using this technology to clean. Covid has at least managed to bring sanitising technology 'to light' (sorry!). However, the number of knock-off lights and cases on Amazon alone concerns me as some are actually using light so high on the scale that it won't do the job - but at least some are actually giving the nm in the description even if it is useless.

I attended a talk when I was working in a hospital years ago. The doctor was fascinated about how useful light was, whether in a laser for hair removal or for germ-killing. I don't understand why UV-C and hypochlorous acid like Dew isn't more widely used in the NHS. Neither allow the opportunity for resistance and work out fairly cheap. The only fly in the ointment for the UV-C cleaning is the downtime for a room/ward to be emptied.

Back to the TSV. I've had a few Homedics products over the years and have always registered for the extra warranty. However, I've recently bought an item direct from them and the website is always down. I can get on it but not login and even forgotten password requests are being ignored. As much as I'd love to get this item it's too small for masks and a few other things and I don't know if I'd trust the item to last.

I've no doubt that their light will be in the correct range to do the job but I'll wait until I see a better item.

Oops. I forgot to mention that I HAD found a better item...

It's a UV light baby bottle sanitiser from Vital Baby (they also sell Aquaint which is the same stuff as Dew but the one I've used had a disappointingly short shelf-life and it lost the reassuring 'bleachy' smell quickly after opening). It ticks all the boxes with size and correct light wavelength but it's £120!

Excellent! I wondered exactly this myself yesterday! I meant to ask as well and forgot. Came back from the shop where I had handled my phone to scan it and tried squirting a little Dew on a kitchen towel and wiping the back (gel case) only. (I wasn’t sure about the screen at the time.)

Thanks, alter ego, for the detailed reply, as always. I am not using my Dew quite as much as I thought, mainly because I’m finishing up other anti-bac sprays as well. Also, I only just realised this week that the reason it was soaking everything and puddling and it was hard to cover an area was that I had the nozzle on the “stream” setting instead of “spray”. D’ohhh!

I need to remind myself of the many possible uses of Dew. Perhaps alter ego could make some practical videos Mrs Hinch stylee and have her own YouTube channel??
:D:p;):p:D
(I’m only half joking!!)

I knew the answer to my question before I even asked it! I always squirt the glasses cleaner onto kitchen towel rather than direct onto the phone. I have been squirting Dew sanitiser around my ingrown toe nail, so that’s another use we can add! Of course I didn’t think of that and I think we can all guess who did.... 😍

I knew the answer to my question before I even asked it! I always squirt the glasses cleaner onto kitchen towel rather than direct onto the phone. I have been squirting Dew sanitiser around my ingrown toe nail, so that’s another use we can add! Of course I didn’t think of that and I think we can all guess who did.... 😍
Alter Dewgo??

Hahaha, you lot!

Unfortunately, I'm not as photogenic as Mrs Hinch. I'd cause them to lose sales!

Is it helping your toenail, Mazza?

Another tip for your toenail or any type of infection is to wash it out with Dew then follow with a dab of contact lens solution - only if it contains Alexidine, though. Dew will kill everything within a minute but Alexidine works like Chlorhexidine so stays on the skin longer to keep fighting infection. I only use this if the infection has taken quite a hold, though. Not every contact lens solution has it so check labels. I've only used out-of-date lens solution that I wouldn't mess around with my eyes but it works fine on my ingrown toenail or if I've cut myself and it's a bit of a nasty one.

If you don't want to use contact lens solution there's a great little skin cleaner called Pjur Med Clean spray. It's a 'personal hygiene' product sold frequently as... wait for it... a sex toy cleaner! It contains Chlorhexidine and I discovered it after asking my GP what my niece could use on her belly button piercing that was sore and refusing to heal. My sister is well-known at the surgery for demanding antibiotics for the slightest sniffle and asks for them several times a year when she has the 'flu' :rolleyes: My niece didn't want to say anything to her mother as she knew she'd have been marched to the doc for abx and didn't want that.

Anyway, I got a sealed bottle from eBay for a tenner for her and it worked a treat. The stuff the piercers gave her hadn't helped at all. This was before I'd discovered Dew or I'd have told her to try that first - but I do know that Chlorhexidine has skin binding properties that means it keeps killing longer than Dew but won't kill as many microbes as it either. Apparently, there's a new version of this out with a 'fresh fragrance' but I can't find the ingredients for this version so make sure it has the active ingredient before you buy.

If anyone has a sore/smelly belly button/underbust area or sore ear piercings or knows someone that does, Pjur Med works for those, too, as my niece reported back to me after giving it to her friends to try. That bottle has helped more people than I'd ever have imagined with more uses than the manufacturer thought, too!

I signed up for the antibiotic guardian pledge so try very hard to limit my antibiotic use. Getting an infection would mean a relapse for me so I've looked for alternatives like Dew as my first line of defence. I'm also relieved that I can avoid the gut problems abx come with. (Not to mention very happy that I can help others along the way. Makes me feel very angelic 😇)

Thank you, alter ego. Once again, very useful and informative.

I only very recently saw a picture of Mrs Hinch - I always thought Mrs Hinch was that older lady who sounded like Dolly Parton and was in the TV ads a while back (can’t remember what for but some kind of cleaning or laundry product).

Thank you, alter ego. Once again, very useful and informative.

I only very recently saw a picture of Mrs Hinch - I always thought Mrs Hinch was that older lady who sounded like Dolly Parton and was in the TV ads a while back (can’t remember what for but some kind of cleaning or laundry product).

I confused her with Hinge & Bracket until I saw her on the telly one day. She was rinsing vinegar down a sink in the middle of the This Morning studio and was taken aback when it whooshed out of the bottom as it wasn't plumbed in. Hmmm...

I'm not a fan of some of her cleaning ideas. Yes, it's nice to see the old ideas come back but she definitely is more of the 'it looks clean so it must be clean' school rather than the do it properly and hygienic school.

That Lindsay whatsherface is the same. She bangs on about her vinegar and lemon juice giving the impression that it can disinfect but it doesn't. It cleans and can give a lovely finish on copper and other surfaces but if you have someone elderly or young or with a compromised immune system in the house it doesn't disinfect and this can mean that some people can get very ill.

O.M.G.

Anyone watch the Gadget Show last night? I WANT Bob the mini dishwasher! He has a built-in UV sanitiser option!! Be still my beating heart :love::love::love:

Latest posts

Back