Practical Presents TSV 02/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tarketta has described the condition perfectly. I didn't know anything about it until I saw an article about a radio programme called 'Hearing Colours, Seeing Sounds', it was years ago & suddenly everything clicked - The alphabet is divided - plain colours from A to M, the rest are patterned. Friday is a pink day & I always wear something pink. The number 8 is VIII in black & slightly twisted shapes. York makes me smell oarnges & if I meet men I don't like I get a smell & sight of uncooked bacon, of course this might be that they do smell like this naturally! My other senses are also affected, I love it 😊

Last edited:
Tarketta has described the condition perfectly. I didn't know anything about it until I saw an article about a radio programme called 'Hearing Colours, Seeing Sounds', it was years ago & suddenly everything clicked - The alphabet is divided - plain colours from A to M, the rest are patterned. Friday is a pink day & I always wear something pink. The number 8 is VIII in black & slightly twisted shapes. York makes me smell oarnges & if I meet men I don't like I get a smell & sight of uncooked bacon, of course this might be that they do smell like this naturally! My other senses are also affected, I love it 😊

I LOVE hearing about other synaesthesiacs' experiences, I can totally understand all of that and love the addition of patterns too - as for the undercooked bacon, brilliant 😂😂😂😂

Attachments

• Light TSV 1.jpg
    Light TSV 1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Light TSV 2.jpg
    Light TSV 2.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Light TSV 3.jpg
    Light TSV 3.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Light TSV 4.jpg
    Light TSV 4.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Light TSV 5.jpg
    Light TSV 5.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 119
When these were on before I was really tempted, despite the fact I have absolutely no need for them! I wonder how much they will be.....

Set of 3 Pop Up LED Lanterns with Magnetic Bases & Spotlight Batteries Included
Item Number: 520747
QVC Price £26.50
Todays Special Value Price £21.00
P&P £3.95

This set of three pop-up LED lanterns from Securebrite turn on instantly as you pull the top up and turn off as you push it back down, with each lantern featuring a built-in spotlight, plus a magnetic base for sticking on metal surfaces and a handle. Whether you're lifting the car bonnet for maintenance, camping or walking the dog at night, keep these versatile lanterns close at hand for super-bright illumination.

Light when you need it - each lantern features COB LEDs that can generate 323 lumens of 360 degree directional light across 122 feet, enough to light up your garage, loft or garden! What's more, they're incredibly versatile. If you're camping, they can give you a feeling of extra security, and if there's a power cut on your street, they'll be a life-saver. The design features a built-in spotlight and side handle too, so you can carry it like a torch. To adjust the brightness, simply open the lantern more or close it further.

Handy magnets - with three super strong magnets, you can attach the lanterns to all manner of metallic surfaces, freeing up your hands to do other things. Stick the lantern on the side of your car if you break down, prop it above the fuse box, or on the fridge in the event of a power cut.

Adorn your space - these lanterns look gorgeous as a set, and you can choose between two different colour combinations. Lace them in the garden or hang them up from a tree from the folding hook at the bottom - there are so many possibilities!

• Lantern: 323 lumens; 38' distance
  • Spotlight: 166 lumens; 154m distance
  • 30 super-bright LEDs on each side of lantern
  • Withstands temperatures of -20 degrees and up to 60 degrees Celsius
  • Collapsible handles allow ease of carrying
  • Three magnets
  • Not suitable for those under 14 years
  • Folding hook at the bottom of lantern
  • Closed: (h x d): 13cm x 9cm (5" x 3.5"); open (h x d): 20cm x 9cm (8" x 3.5")
  • Power source: AA batteries (included)

What’s in the box?

• 3 x pop up lanterns with spotlight
  • 9 x AA batteries (3 x AA batteries per lantern)

Colour options:

Bold:

• Red
  • Blue
  • Platinum
Glam:

• Pink
  • Gold
  • Green

All measurements are approximate

The glam option is on the website but at the full price I think. There was no sign of it when I ordered in the 9.00 show. I would have preferred those shades but they won’t really be visible unless in use. I live in dread of power cuts so decided to buy. I just added up how much I spent online in September and it shocked me! So just as well this was an October purchase, 😃😃.

I’ve got so many torches, lamps, COB lamps, USB lamps etc that I could light up the street in a power cut so I‘m not buying these. Ones that I bought before were also usually in sets of three so my ex and my son got the other two as tree presents. I think they’d freak out if they got any more from me. 😉

I’ve got two of those wind up torches, one upstairs, one down. I’ve also got some of those little adhesive touch lights on the stairs but they devour batteries and usually are very low when I do actually need them. When my neighbour flooded my flat I got a set of them and they were marvellous until the circuit dried out and I could use my lights again. But if, as Jill Gauntlett’s puctures proved, these are big enough to light up the front of a small castle which is usually pitch black and not floodlit at all and she went with her daughter to take these pix for the TSV especially, honest Guv, well then I am sure they will do me.

When these were on before I was really tempted, despite the fact I have absolutely no need for them! I wonder how much they will be.....

Know what you mean..they look pretty neat, but like you I have little, or no use for them, don’t drive so car maintenance “buh buh” - OH’s uses the AA, no garden, so no trees to hang them from, and for general power cuts .. I’ve got a perfectly serviceable torch, and plenty of candles!
I note they come in a set of three as per - is this Q’s lucky number? (Good for the tree hanging option I guess) and to gift- but I’d be gutted if I got that as a gift! And if iI did want one for general use around the house, I’d only want one so wouldn’t want to spend £25.
Where’s Strato? He’ll love ‘em!

I’ve got two of those wind up torches, one upstairs, one down........

Your post reminded me - I’ve got a wind up torch as well. I’ve also got a Trevor Bayliss wind up radio, so if we get plunged into darkness this winter I’ll be able to sit in bright light (with all my lamps etc) and will be able to listen to the radio when the tv goes off. Sorted! 👍

I’ve got 2 transistor radios, one on R4 and one on LBC. I’ve also got two cases of wine under the stairs and at least another 12 bottles elsewhere. So I can listen to what’s going on or other entertainment, in bright light whilst getting gently sozzled if plunged into darkness. 🍷🍷🍷👍

Know what you mean..they look pretty neat, but like you I have little, or no use for them, don’t drive so car maintenance “buh buh” - OH’s uses the AA, no garden, so no trees to hang them from, and for general power cuts .. I’ve got a perfectly serviceable torch, and plenty of candles!
I note they come in a set of three as per - is this Q’s lucky number? (Good for the tree hanging option I guess) and to gift- but I’d be gutted if I got that as a gift! And if iI did want one for general use around the house, I’d only want one so wouldn’t want to spend £25.
Where’s Strato? He’ll love ‘em!

I bought last years in "glam" and gave one to my OH, she was genuinely please (yes, really lol).

These are the same apart from the front torch which is a useful addition.

They keep saying you can dim them, but that is not accurate, it just hides part of the light, so the batteries run out just as soon on "dim" as on bright, unlike my SPERM lamp with 3 genuine brightness levels, which save the batteries. I normally only use the medium setting, but it is plugged into the USB socket on my PC so battery life is not an issue. This is why I bought them. Thinking of giving one to OH as her computer corner is vary dark.

As I have about 200 torches (as a collector) I will not get these as they are not different enough to add to my collection. Some of mine cost up to £100 each, I bought them because they were either very unusual or else beautiful to look at.

Anyone want to buy my collection?

Latest posts

Back