Pratical Ideas TSV 24/07/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought a set about 9am. I wanted white, but that was sold out, and blue too.

Only black was in stock, so put it into my basket, it then told me it was out of stock.

Went back to the item, it showed in stock, so put into basket again, but was out of stock again!

I repeated this dozens of times, until I finally got ones, WHAT A SHAMBLES their website is.

What swung it for me is that it comes with the lead (but not a charger) and YOU CAN USE IT WHILE CHARGING (which is unusual).

As my main use will be for my PC keyboard, I can keep it plugged into a PC USB socket to keep it charged, but unplug it and move it around if needed.

So what about the other two? OH xmas present?

Will all those bulbs you keep buying her fit these?

Funnily enough, an old email from Amazon jumped to the top of my email list, no idea how and why.

It was for an order I'd placed in April 2019 for an Amazon Echo with £30 off, AND a free Philips LED Smartbulb bundled with it (worth about £20). Also, I was invited to add a Smartplug for £10, instead of £25, so I did.

I looked at the invoice and it appeared that I had been charged for the bulb, but hadn't noticed this before. My diary confirmed that the bulb was supposed to be free.

So I phoned them up for them to check, and indeed it seemed that I had been charged.

So despite the order being 15 months ago, they refunded me the cost of the bulb.

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL GOOD SERVICE.

Okay, confession time. I've bought a set. I know, I know, blame sleep deprivation as it was 5am this morning.
The worst thing is, I bought the white ones. Why did I do this? They were the most spermy looking of the three options.
Anyway, what's that old saying, A fool and his money.........? It really could have been written about me
Oh 😮I bought the white ones too, mainly for our barbecue area outside, it was quite pleasant watching the founder Sam in bed showing us how he uses his 🤗
I bought a set about 9am. I wanted white, but that was sold out, and blue too.

Only black was in stock, so put it into my basket, it then told me it was out of stock.

Went back to the item, it showed in stock, so put into basket again, but was out of stock again!

I repeated this dozens of times, until I finally got ones, WHAT A SHAMBLES their website is.

What swung it for me is that it comes with the lead (but not a charger) and YOU CAN USE IT WHILE CHARGING (which is unusual).

As my main use will be for my PC keyboard, I can keep it plugged into a PC USB socket to keep it charged, but unplug it and move it around if needed.

So what about the other two? OH xmas present?

What is wrong with you all? Have you no self-restraint? One of you is trying to blame sleep deprivation for buying a colour they didn’t want, another bought a set out of lust for a semi-naked man in bed twisting a snake-like object, and another didn’t manage to get what they didn’t want first time so kept trying till they succeeded in buying what they didn’t want and now has no idea what they’re going to do with two-thirds of them!

....... I bought one black set and one white, by the way ...

What is wrong with you all? Have you no self-restraint? One of you is trying to blame sleep deprivation for buying a colour they didn’t want, another bought a set out of lust for a semi-naked man in bed twisting a snake-like object, and another didn’t manage to get what they didn’t want first time so kept trying till they succeeded in buying what they didn’t want and now has no idea what they’re going to do with two-thirds of them!

....... I bought one black set and one white, by the way ...
That’s given me a good laugh 😆 for the day.😂

Received mine today, a bit disappointed, mainly because the charging lead is different to every other charging lead I have, so yet another lead to store and remember where I put it. I thought it would be the same as the now-standard lead for my smartphone, or else a common or garden lead which is used for the majority of things, but no, a type I've never seen before.

I am charging it at the moment, but there is nothing in the instructions about this eg does the on/off switch have to be on or off? And does the red light go out when charged, or turn to green, or just stay on?

The whole thing feels a bit cheap and flimsy IMO. Waiting until dark when it has fully charged to see if the light is bright enough.

Received mine today, a bit disappointed, mainly because the charging lead is different to every other charging lead I have, so yet another lead to store and remember where I put it. I thought it would be the same as the now-standard lead for my smartphone, or else a common or garden lead which is used for the majority of things, but no, a type I've never seen before.

I am charging it at the moment, but there is nothing in the instructions about this eg does the on/off switch have to be on or off? And does the red light go out when charged, or turn to green, or just stay on?

The whole thing feels a bit cheap and flimsy IMO. Waiting until dark when it has fully charged to see if the light is bright enough.

Mine just arrived, too. I haven’t opened them yet but the first thing I was struck by was the size of the box. I was expecting much bigger, considering it holds three - the individual boxes must be tiny.

I’m feeling the same, they do seem very flimsy, I have one on charge but was disappointed to read that on the brightest setting it will only stay on for 2 hours🤔

stratobuddy, or anyone who knows, can you tell me about charging as there's no adaptor plug and I don’t want to have to plug lamps in to the computer all the time. I have a multi-plug block which has USB sockets but I’m not sure whether I use the socket with a mobile phone symbol next to it or one with a larger item / tablet symbol.

You should have a lead with it (inside the small box).

You should be able to use any USB charger, but in the one you describe, I suggest the mobile socket, not the tablet, as it doesn't need much power.

By trial and error, the red light goes out when charged, and it doesn't seem to matter whether the mechanical switch is on or off.

I like keeping the one I use to light my PC keyboard permanently plugged into the PC, so it is always fully charged, and will never go dim.

It is ideal for this purpose, as the room light is behind the PC screen so the keyboard was in shadow.

You should have a lead with it (inside the small box).

You should be able to use any USB charger, but in the one you describe, I suggest the mobile socket, not the tablet, as it doesn't need much power.

By trial and error, the red light goes out when charged, and it doesn't seem to matter whether the mechanical switch is on or off.

I like keeping the one I use to light my PC keyboard permanently plugged into the PC, so it is always fully charged, and will never go dim.

It is ideal for this purpose, as the room light is behind the PC screen so the keyboard was in shadow.

Great, thanks. Yes, I have the lead - I just wasn’t sure what to plug it into when charging so the above does help.

Latest posts

Back