Pre-orders are SOOO annoying!

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Gems must have worked out that there is some commercial benefit in pre-orders; but as a customer, they are hopeless. Many items don’t even get presented properly on screen, because they’ve sold out in advance; while as a customer, if you don’t want to miss out you’re forced to buy the item without knowing the price! Then of course if you don’t like the price, you have to phone CS to cancel the order; meanwhile, they could have sold that piece to someone else. It really is the most infuriating business model.

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Grrrr.... So I decide to take the plunge and go for the pre-order, and the item—which on the basis of previous auctions I expected to go to maybe £399 or £499–stops at £999!!! So obviously I will either be cancelling the order before it ships, or else waiting for it to go to a more sensible price for a price-pledge and sending it back if it doesn’t. How does that benefit Gems, I ask myself?!

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Grrrr.... So I decide to take the plunge and go for the pre-order, and the item—which on the basis of previous auctions I expected to go to maybe £399 or £499–stops at £999!!! So obviously I will either be cancelling the order before it ships, or else waiting for it to go to a more sensible price for a price-pledge and sending it back if it doesn’t. How does that benefit Gems, I ask myself?!
Well, whadda you know? The same pendant came up for £499... I'd already cancelled the original one, so I ordered it at the new price.

VapidStoat

Gemporia could have the Holy Grail on pre-order, but if I don't know the price, then I am not going to buy.

Their in-house ads make it sound like a game, "And here's how you play". But potentially paying more than I am prepared to part with isn't fun to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aanataylor

Members online

AdBlock Detected

Thank you for visiting ShoppingTelly.com

We get it, advertisements are annoying, however without them this forum would cease to exist.

Members of ShoppingTelly.com can go TOTALLY AD FREE, VIP LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP is just £10!

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks