Premium beauty brands

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I've been disappointed with QVC's "choice" of mid-price sets from the likes of Elemis, Decleor, L'Occitane, Molton Brown and Liz Earle this Christmas selling season.

I have 5 nieces and nephews and their partners who are all saving to buy homes and/or have families and I like to treat them to something they wouldn't buy. In previous years I've bought some very nice sets for them all from Q.

This year, sets for upto £50 seem to comprise one or maybe 2 regular size items and a couple of tiny sample-size tubes thrown in to bulk up the box. Some aren't even boxed. As for "stocking fillers" - I can't bring myself to spend £20 plus p&p for a cardboard cracker or tin bauble containing 2 "travel size" hand creams.

Venturing out to the dreaded high street I found sets of shower gel & body lotion in The White Company shop, £26 and beautifully boxed. My nieces will love them. They have votives in the matching fragrances so I might have to go back...

Across the way in the L'Occitane store the assistant helped me choose men's toiletries and arranged them in gift boxes with lots of tissue paper (sprayed with the appropriate fragrance) and a couple of samples. Each gift was £34 for 2 full size items beautifully presented.

So this is the first Christmas that I haven't bought even one present from QVC.

And I’ll bet the travel costs wouldn’t be much more, if at all and it isn’t per item. They really will have to get that sorted if they want to survive 2020. The bin lid groupies will only buy so much, the rest of us are fed up with being ripped off.

I’ll bet the sales assistants didn’t tell you about their children/grandchildren/wedding/diet whilst they were serving you.

I've been disappointed with QVC's "choice" of mid-price sets from the likes of Elemis, Decleor, L'Occitane, Molton Brown and Liz Earle this Christmas selling season.

I have 5 nieces and nephews and their partners who are all saving to buy homes and/or have families and I like to treat them to something they wouldn't buy. In previous years I've bought some very nice sets for them all from Q.

This year, sets for upto £50 seem to comprise one or maybe 2 regular size items and a couple of tiny sample-size tubes thrown in to bulk up the box. Some aren't even boxed. As for "stocking fillers" - I can't bring myself to spend £20 plus p&p for a cardboard cracker or tin bauble containing 2 "travel size" hand creams.

Venturing out to the dreaded high street I found sets of shower gel & body lotion in The White Company shop, £26 and beautifully boxed. My nieces will love them. They have votives in the matching fragrances so I might have to go back...

Across the way in the L'Occitane store the assistant helped me choose men's toiletries and arranged them in gift boxes with lots of tissue paper (sprayed with the appropriate fragrance) and a couple of samples. Each gift was £34 for 2 full size items beautifully presented.

So this is the first Christmas that I haven't bought even one present from QVC.

I'm not surprised you have discovered good value and service elsewhere. Other retailers don't take our custom for granted!

I hope your family enjoy their lovely presents.

I was given a White Company boxed duo for Christmas 2 years ago in Verveine and I adored it - and felt so spoilt! So much so that when I was asked for suggestions last Christmas and birthday (VERY close together and it was my 40th so wasn’t being too OTT or bratty to ask for such a big spend!), I mentioned them... and was lucky enough to be given a boxed pair of hand wash and hand/nail cream in Flowers fragrance. Lovely! :)

They also often have 15% off esp if you sign up to catalogue or newsletter..

They’ll love their gifts am sure!

I also found a great bargain L’occitane gift set for my mum on feelunique in the summer :)

You are sooo brave! You actually went out onto the high street after all the warning Chuntley and Pippa etc give about taking your life into your hands doing so.:laught:

But seriously there are loads of excellent brands out there and even the ones QVC sell own-brand website will have fantastic offers on. Yesterday I was in House of Fraser and my branch got rid of the Neom counter they had so stuff all on half price! I got the full-size Sleep range bath and body drops for just £15 I did have a voucher I was given before for the £5 but it is £40 to buy elsewhere and it was boxed.

I bought one daughter the eldest a pair of ugg boots £89.00 the other daughter ugg slippers £59 the youngest daughter Molton Brown giftset from the shop direct much nicer set as it was what I wanted not what QVC think we should have ... I do like diamonique earrings so I always buy these as an add to each of my girls on each year and got 15% off the already discounted price so pleased with that...

Latest posts

Back