Presenter research? Naaaah!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
CE with less than two hours to go calling out along the lines of “Who am I with at 12, who can tell me?” Great eh?

CE with less than two hours to go calling out along the lines of “Who am I with at 12, who can tell me?” Great eh?

I know a lot of you despise her schtick (sp) but for me Claire & Alexgob are the worst ever. Chloe's unpredictability offers some interest at least.

I wouldn’t call CE unpredictable, aggressive, immature and one massive pain in the arse would be the three I’d pick. She slouches round with her hands in her pockets looking like she’s been dragged through a hedge backwards and waiting for the pub to open on match day, while trying to flog £140 shoes, £120 coats and £110 tops.

CE did a show last weekend with June, the Frank Usher guest, and it was enjoyable to watch. June has enough sense of fun to get on CE's wavelength...and enough class to rein her in from being her worst self.

Left to her own devices she has been a fun watch...like the time she ended up doing a LOT of shows while most presenters and guests were snowed in, so she was solo...apart from a cute puppy called Teddy she had recently adopted.

I think some guests bring out the worst in her, and some brands. She tends to overcompensate when she doesn't really like what she is selling.

I think there are two types of guest presenter one, the guest presenter who CE knows won’t tolerate her antics and she knows she’d look ridiculous even trying, and the guest presenter she can be her not very nice presenter self with. Some guests egg her on, but I think it’s more likely that they’re too embarrassed so just go along with CE for the ride.

'...waiting for the pub to open on match day' Shopps, I LOVE IT :clapping:

CE did a show last weekend with June, the Frank Usher guest, and it was enjoyable to watch. June has enough sense of fun to get on CE's wavelength...and enough class to rein her in from being her worst self.

Left to her own devices she has been a fun watch...like the time she ended up doing a LOT of shows while most presenters and guests were snowed in, so she was solo...apart from a cute puppy called Teddy she had recently adopted.

I think some guests bring out the worst in her, and some brands. She tends to overcompensate when she doesn't really like what she is selling.

I'm sorry but she didn't adopt a lost & lonely one - 'Teddy has flourished from a quiet retiring innocent fluff ball that I picked up from the breeder, into a crazy attention demanding nocturnal pooch!' Sept 2013

I can't stand her, she occupies top spot (or should that be lowest?) with Ms Huntley the Elder & Knuckles Krammer.

There were fb comments recently about her walking off during a fashion hour & also eating chocolate & it wasn't even a food presentation. I suppose with several sales assistants on holiday, getting married & recovering from surgery the others are doing extra shifts. However, nothing, absolutely nothing, excuses her crass behaviour. A person in her 40s behaving like the most irritating teen you'll ever meet, I've worked with loads & some of the worst have become fabulous adults, this individual is either stuck in a time warp or going backwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
'...waiting for the pub to open on match day' Shopps, I LOVE IT :clapping:

She leans on the counter and clothes rail like she’s leaning on the bar, waiting for a pint. :mysmilie_3:

I'm sorry but she didn't adopt a lost & lonely one - 'Teddy has flourished from a quiet retiring innocent fluff ball that I picked up from the breeder, into a crazy attention demanding nocturnal pooch!' Sept 2013

I can't stand her, she occupies top spot (or should that be lowest?) with Ms Huntley the Elder & Knuckles Krammer.

You’re lowest four are my exact same lowest four, told you, sister from another mister.

I wouldn’t call CE unpredictable, aggressive, immature and one massive pain in the arse would be the three I’d pick. She slouches round with her hands in her pockets looking like she’s been dragged through a hedge backwards and waiting for the pub to open on match day, while trying to flog £140 shoes, £120 coats and £110 tops.

You are spot on as always shopps! :mysmilie_483::mysmilie_497::mysmilie_502::mysmilie_471:

We all seem to have our favourites and least favourites and of course it will vary but I am finding more and more I don't have much of an opinion on any of the presenters (with two exceptions and even there I've calmed down!). I used to get absolutely incensed by certain presenters but I really have found I am so much more tolerant now I hardly ever watch QVC. It's done my blood pressure no end of good. I had decided I disliked Chloe almost before she joined but that was when I did watch more regularly and I was preparing myself for another annoying presenter. I don't really mind her now - I know what people mean about her "lack of professionalism" and sometimes slovenliness but I've always liked a bit of irreverence. I probably still couldn't watch her for very long but the remote is never far away. It does make me giggle when I read what others on here think though sometimes - I know how it is to be wound up by someone on telly.

Each to their own, eh?

Yep but went on to say she was finishing that hour and was due to fly from Gatwick but was cutting it very fine. She was asked if she was going straight to the airport, no she had to go home and drop Teddy off before.
But that she was hoping she could get away from Q early. She went on that she would be away for the week but would in the meanwhile return for a days work, then fly back. ........All said whilst wearing the white shoe boots :mysmilie_11:

We all seem to have our favourites and least favourites and of course it will vary but I am finding more and more I don't have much of an opinion on any of the presenters (with two exceptions and even there I've calmed down!). I used to get absolutely incensed by certain presenters but I really have found I am so much more tolerant now I hardly ever watch QVC. It's done my blood pressure no end of good. I had decided I disliked Chloe almost before she joined but that was when I did watch more regularly and I was preparing myself for another annoying presenter. I don't really mind her now - I know what people mean about her "lack of professionalism" and sometimes slovenliness but I've always liked a bit of irreverence. I probably still couldn't watch her for very long but the remote is never far away. It does make me giggle when I read what others on here think though sometimes - I know how it is to be wound up by someone on telly.

Each to their own, eh?

I have really low blood pressure so a bit of anti-presenter ranting doesn't do me any harm.

I really like Chloe to be honest, I think she’s got a great sense of humour. I do agree with you all about the white boots though. Part of me hopes that she’s actually wearing them for a bet of some kind :)

:mysmilie_502:

The more I suffer Claire & Gobbo, the more I find Chloe to be fine.

tee hee....:)

I have varying degrees of patience with Chloe's capers. Sometimes I find her funny and entertaining.

What I do not appreciate is when she rabbits on about complete rubbish instead of getting the details across to customers watching... and the item sells out! Mind you, I don't think I've ever seen her put much effort into providing the kind of details about sizes and measurements. It's usually phone Liverpool.

When it comes to my list of most avoided and disliked QVC presenters, she doesn't make my top 5. I find the whole parcel of newer presenters really creepy (Alex Kramer, Katherine Goldsmith, Eilidh Nairn). Particularly KG. My number one and number 2 are Kathy Tayler and Simon Biagi.

My preferred presenters are always Charlie Brooks, Micéal Murphy, Jilly Halliday and Anne Dawson... they are the ones I never mind watching... and I have a soft spot for Alison Young and Alison Keenan.

My favourite/preferred presenters are the ones who do the job that they are being paid to do ..... namely those who tell us about the item and give the sizes and who let the guest speak without interrupting or talking over them.

The ones that I don't like are the ones who talk about themselves all the time, talk about their grandchildren when it's not relevant to the presentation, bore us with retreats and their literacy "talents" or go on about things like weddings for weeks. I am also not a fan of those who shout instead of talking normally.

I have varying degrees of patience with Chloe's capers. Sometimes I find her funny and entertaining.

What I do not appreciate is when she rabbits on about complete rubbish instead of getting the details across to customers watching... and the item sells out! Mind you, I don't think I've ever seen her put much effort into providing the kind of details about sizes and measurements. It's usually phone Liverpool.

When it comes to my list of most avoided and disliked QVC presenters, she doesn't make my top 5. I find the whole parcel of newer presenters really creepy (Alex Kramer, Katherine Goldsmith, Eilidh Nairn). Particularly KG. My number one and number 2 are Kathy Tayler and Simon Biagi.

My preferred presenters are always Charlie Brooks, Micéal Murphy, Jilly Halliday and Anne Dawson... they are the ones I never mind watching... and I have a soft spot for Alison Young and Alison Keenan.

I like very few - as you say, the ones that do their job. I've no time or tolerance for presenter crap. Just sell the effing goods. Properly!

Well I've emailed the Head of Presenters complaining that her presentations are awful and her dress sense if far from professional. I'm waiting for a reply.

Latest posts

Back