Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to ask the question; why do any of you watch then?

Like most of us, I only channel hop now, I don’t watch. I shopped with QVC for the first 20 years then closed my account eight years ago as everything about it became dire, so like I say since then I only channel hop, I refuse to call it a show, it’s an hour. I don’t walk round Asda and say to the husband “that was a good show” when we’re leaving the shop. Even channel hopping for minutes (or less) at a time, you catch the same old repetitive crap. QVC is good for a laugh though, the prices are hilarious, the presenters are a parody, I mean look at Simon Dairylee (I say this because he’s so cheesy) there’s always lots in bore....I mean store.

I have to ask the question; why do any of you watch then?

I like "watching" the 9pm show as it launches the TSV, but I watch IW for that. 9pm I'm also in my before bed routine stage. So I use Q as a timer for the little chores. I like x, y & z done by the end of the TSV, than a and b by 21:30.... I can't watch a film or a program I need to follow closely as I'm flitting here there and a bit over the other side. Things like collecting laundry from airing folding and putting away, before bed ablutions, thinking what ai need for tomorrow, thinking if Nanny McFee is wanted, etc

Another thing is that it part habit.

I would just like to switch on Q late evening, when I normally like to watch, and not be faced with DF or JF.
They are both dreadful, but Flinty is the worst by a country mile.
She seems to be a permanent fixture since moving back from Devon. 😒
She's got to keep the £££££s rolling in with her wish for an extended property portfolio. Jill Franks, Freebie Flint, Jilly Halliday, Miceal, Craigie &, less frequently Ali K, are the late shift. Mr Dairylea, the awful Kathy Tayler & Ickle Claire(now gone) always seemed to be the morning lot.

I loved Debbie when she was first on QVC. I even 🙈 wrote a letter to QVC asking if she had left and where had she gone to. Don't all shout at me. They said she had left and she wanted to do other things basically.
When she returned to QVC the change in her was unbelievable. I don't like being mean or unkind, but i can't watch her now at all. Which is sad cos i really liked her on QVC first time around.
My fav is Jill Franks. I like Jilly, Katy, Ann, Jackie, Catherine, Dale, Alex. There are a few i can't watch.

I use to like Julia, she is good at her job. But i dislike her when she is pulling other people down then saying i am only joking. When imo you know she means it. I think she has got to big for her boots. I am Queen Bea untouchable. Sorry if anyone thinks i am being unkind towards her. Its just my opinion.

In my opinion whenever i see a bit of loose women which is rare. I think Jackie would be very good as an Anchor on it. Rather than being on QVC. Its just my opinion, she would be an excellent addition. There are women on that programme that shouldn't be on it.
Whilst I agree with (mostly) all that you say, can I please be very very 'teacherish', and state that the word 'Anchor' is an Americanism and as with most Americanisms I, they have no place in English (England) language/Society. Sorry, I am not picking up 'per se', it is just I really detest that when we have words of our own that are perfectly acceptable (Presenter for example), why we need to 'blend' words from a country who whilst state they use English, use it in such a way, that it diametrically different to ours!

I would just like to switch on Q late evening, when I normally like to watch, and not be faced with DF or JF.
They are both dreadful, but Flinty is the worst by a country mile.
She seems to be a permanent fixture since moving back from Devon. 😒
I believe she will be on tonight with the TSV. Her favourite hour, guaranteed a freebie and good sales which she thinks reflects well on her. I have news for her, I believe sales would be better if it wasn’t for her. I know plenty of people who won’t watch when she is on. Nearly every night she is there, she’ll be running the whole thing if she could with a few members of the Flint clan. What do QVC bosses think she brings to the channel? Her whole act is pure comedy, I can’t take her seriously. I should clarify that, it’s all very poor, embarrassing and unwatchable.

I must admit I have QVC on all day as background noise, I switch between the Main channel and Style depending on who is presenting. I don't watch the news anymore, I find it too depressing and frightening ...after tea I watch some pre-recorded films until bedtime.

This morning we have Gardening with Added Smut with Catherine Huntley. Childish sexual innuendos the whole time. Poor Richard Jackson didn't know where to look 😁 She's peeing me off as she's really not funny. She should have done the show just wearing a couple of fig leaves and given us all a real laugh.

CC

This morning we have Gardening with Added Smut with Catherine Huntley. Childish sexual innuendos the whole time. Poor Richard Jackson didn't know where to look 😁 She's peeing me off as she's really not funny. She should have done the show just wearing a couple of fig leaves and given us all a real laugh.

CC
I completely agree. I’m no prude but that is totally unacceptable from “customer facing” staff. If I were greeted with CHuntley-style innuendos in John Lewis I’d report them.

I must admit I have QVC on all day as background noise, I switch between the Main channel and Style depending on who is presenting. I don't watch the news anymore, I find it too depressing and frightening ...after tea I watch some pre-recorded films until bedtime.

I have reduced the amount of news I watch to about three times a day. QVC is also really out of favour too, particularly Debbie Flint who spoils every hour she is on. I can’t stand watching her.
Regarding Catherine Huntley I am not a prude but the sooner she and FlInt disappear from our screens the better. Flinty must have been taking lessons form CH as she recently posted a selfie in the lift at her block of flats and called it something like A Quickie in The Lift. That encouraged a few delightful comments from some of the old boys who follow her.🤮

Katherine Goldsmiths Hair. Its irritating. She is on now in the diamonique show, and its ok in the swiss maid plait, but WHAT is that hair dangling down the side doing ? she keeps brushing it aside, so why have it ? Meeghan Markle had it, 2 dangly bits untidily being kept swished away. FGS ! tuck it behind your ears. You look stooooopid.

I’m really suffering from Lockdown hair. My last cut was November with no idea when the next will be and it’s in terrible condition and any shape has gone to pot. I usually get it cut every 4/5 weeks so already missed 2 cuts.

This time around I see less and less lockdown hair so have folk learned to sort themselves out or are they having sneaky appointments?

Latest posts

Back