Prices TSV 3.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Prices TSV 4.jpg
    Prices TSV 4.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Prices TSV 5.jpg
    Prices TSV 5.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 85
They really couldn't look any more like Yankee if they tried could they?
They really couldn’t! Anyone remember Village Candles which also looked identical? Similar label layout with picture and I think even using the same font, on the label and for the embossed logo on the glass lids. I seem to remember the people behind the brand had a connection with Yankee, though. They were quite a bit cheaper - at least you could buy them for less than YCs. I went mad for them for a while (that’s unlike you, AK, I hear you all cry!). They had lots on Amazon and some of the scents were fantastic, with usually a great throw in my experience (possibly too strong for some?). I still have quite a few … also unlike me, of course!

Oh, just googled and Amazon still have them. Not as cheap as they were and still mostly the same old fragrances - which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

EE919ACA-482C-441B-8B71-6D42FFE1B8C0.jpeg

Are these any good? Prices I mean, I like the sound of first drop, havd been bitterly disappointed with the last few yankee jars I have had, hardly any scent at all, and can't say am that impressed with Slatkin ones either

Are these any good? Prices I mean, I like the sound of first drop, havd been bitterly disappointed with the last few yankee jars I have had, hardly any scent at all, and can't say am that impressed with Slatkin ones either
Every year Prices bring their Christmas TSV full of votives and matching tealights.
Nice in white and the scents sound super...

Every year I start to get sucked in by the spiel and seeming good value...
But every year, almost without fail, the reviews are awful! (They barely smell essentially).
So I feel happy with myself that I didn’t succumb!

Not sure if these large jars will be any better/different.

In their defence, I love the Price’s chef’s and open window candles (odour neutralising and plain tea lights).

Robert Dyas used to stock these for £9.99 each, and fairly often they could be found in their clearance section for £6.99 - I took the lids off and had a whiff and they smelled lovely, but I didn't buy because I really don't like those ugly jar candles. I know this isn't really helpful as I can't tell you how they burn or what the throw is like. However, I can tell you that Robert Dyas now only stock the small jars from the more practical range eg, tobacco neutraliser and citronella. Prices own website sell the large jars for £19.99 which is dearer than Yankee! I've no idea how much this tsv is going to be, but I would say unless it works out at about £35 all in (which I very much doubt) I really wouldn't bother.
I've been tempted by the 66 piece sets they often do as a tsv for about £27 because they include 6 candles in glasses (which I prefer to those hideous jars) but because there are so many tealights that I just wouldn't use, I've not bothered.
I'm guessing that the TSV will work out over £40, but we'll see.

Thanks for the responses, very helpful, I will probably give the tsv a miss as feel I have wasted far too much money on useless Yankee ones, the melts seem so much more powerful, so may just try and get some decent melts,

Working my way through a large Harry Slatkin stash and some beautiful candles from TKMAXX. These are mainly vegetable waxes.

Robert Dyas used to stock these for £9.99 each, and fairly often they could be found in their clearance section for £6.99 - I took the lids off and had a whiff and they smelled lovely, but I didn't buy because I really don't like those ugly jar candles. I know this isn't really helpful as I can't tell you how they burn or what the throw is like. However, I can tell you that Robert Dyas now only stock the small jars from the more practical range eg, tobacco neutraliser and citronella. Prices own website sell the large jars for £19.99 which is dearer than Yankee! I've no idea how much this tsv is going to be, but I would say unless it works out at about £35 all in (which I very much doubt) I really wouldn't bother.
I've been tempted by the 66 piece sets they often do as a tsv for about £27 because they include 6 candles in glasses (which I prefer to those hideous jars) but because there are so many tealights that I just wouldn't use, I've not bothered.
I'm guessing that the TSV will work out over £40, but we'll see.
yankee RRP for a large is £27.99 now but the prices mini 66 piece set gets worse reviews every year so i always tell people not to buy it as its not worth it

I got a set a couple of years ago. 6 sets of tea lights and 6 small jars. It was really nice. Subtle fragrance and they all burnt really well.
Ive never really thought Yankee smelt of anything! Hardly ever got any fragrance from them and they cost a lot.
Now I get a Christmas candle from M&S, the type that lights up when you light the candle, and a few tea lights and that’s me done.

I bought a set of the Prices jars and tea lights a few years ago. They were nice to give as small gifts and the fragrances lasted according to the recipients.

Price's Candles Set of 3 Favourite Moments Limited Edition Large Jar Candles
Item Number: 819294
QVC Price £50.00
Todays Special Value Price £33.48
P&P £4.95

There's nothing like a beautifully-scented candle to really set the mood throughout your home and these fragrant large jars from Price's Candles are some of the finest around. Available in three themes - Autumn Comforts, Home Sanctuary and Seasonal Delights - this set of three jars offers three evocative aromas that will fill your home with many, many hours of incredible ambience. Perfect for adding a cheerful candle-lit atmosphere to the autumn and winter months.

*A great saving : If you were to buy your choice of the large jars set individually, directly from Price's Candles you'd pay £59.97. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £33.48 plus P&P, you're saving £21.54.

What's your fragrance - choose from three fragrance themes, each featuring three separate candle aromas. Seasonal Delights offers all the festive touchstones of the Christmas period; Autumn Comforts features seasonally evocative scents to usher in the colder months, and Home Sanctuary offers peaceful, cosy aromas you'll love all year round.

Light up your winter months - each of these jar candles offers up to 150 hours of burn time for a total of 450 hours of light and fragrance to see you through the winter months in luxurious style.

Especially developed for QVC - all nine jar candles across all three fragrance options are special edition fragrances, that have been developed specially for QVC. You won't currently find these bundles anywhere else.

Fragrance options:

• Seasonal Delights - Holiday Spice, Frosted Fir and White Winter fragrances
  • Autumn Comforts - Gold Maple Leaves, Dark Plum and Blackberry, and Scarlet Lily fragrances
  • Home Sanctuary - Clean Cashmere, Vanilla and Sandalwood, and Heavenly Spa fragrances

Contains:

• 3 x Large Jar candles (630g each)

All measurements are approximate

I love a candle for autumn,winter and I use my melts for the rest of the time. I've been disappointed with Yankee offerings lately especially the made for the supermarket ones but I still like the main Yankee melts like Clean Cotton, Lemon Lavender.
I've never tried Prices candles but I sometimes pick up the reed diffusers in TK Maxx and they are quite nice.
I'm tempted to try the TSV but I will resist. 🤞😬

I love a candle for autumn,winter and I use my melts for the rest of the time. I've been disappointed with Yankee offerings lately especially the made for the supermarket ones but I still like the main Yankee melts like Clean Cotton, Lemon Lavender.
I've never tried Prices candles but I sometimes pick up the reed diffusers in TK Maxx and they are quite nice.
I'm tempted to try the TSV but I will resist. 🤞😬
the yankee home inspirations ones that are made for supermarkets & diy stores are acutally a very low quality in all aspects so less wax, less burn time, less fragrance oils & less wick quality but if these prices candles are like the quality of last years tsv (or the large jars they had before that) then i wouldnt even be intrested)

Latest posts

Back