Printing Problem- I wonder if anyone can help please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Waterlily

Registered Shopper
My computer is quite old - a Windows XP one, we recently bought a new printer Canon MP 499 it works well except that it suddenly started printing emails in print that was far too small to read. I'm not computer literate at all and I've looked to see if I can change it but can't find a way to do it lol. Must admit that's not unusual with computers. I don't think I've changed anything but might have by mistake. The computer won't let me go back to a date before this happened.

Any help greatfully received.

Thank you.

I have a Canon MP550, which is similar, but I'm away from home until next week, so I'm having to work from memory. Here goes, anyway ...

Try printing out a document, but before you hit the button that confirms 'print', look for the button on the pop up menu that says 'print properties'.

If you click on that, you should be able to see a number of options, including paper size [you may have accidentally told the printer that you're printing on postcards, for example] and the number of pages it should print on one sheet of A4.

You can change a range of settings to suit, but if in doubt, click the 'default settings' button and that should reset your print properties to the ones set by the factory - that is, normal printing on A4 paper.

It's quite a useful menu to know about - there's an ink-saving option you can select, for example, which reduces the print quality but makes your cartridges last longer. I mess around with my printer quite a bit, as you can see!

If all else fails, the online manual for the printer is here: http://www.manualowl.com/p/Canon/PIXMA-MP499/Manual/115657
Right at the end, there's an email address for tech support if you need more help.

Hi sublime, thanks for the reply. I've got it sorted now. It was somehow set at 30% instead of 100% lol. Must have touched something I shouldn't have.

Latest posts

Back