Problem with Order - Help!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They were in a box but a very very very shallow box so when the lid was closed down it pressed on the posts because there wasn't enough room which bent one. The other must have flipped on its side. Actually I've never seen the type of box it came in and it wasn't the "normal" GemsTV earring box - maybe they've changed them. I don't know. However, whichever idiot put them in the box MUST have noticed that they didn't fit because I can't get them back in and the lid closed.

I wasn't expecting to be treated any differently from anybody else. However this week they've cocked up twice with me and have had £875 of my money in their bank account for a week with just an apology. That's just not good enough. Most companies would provide something by way of compensation for their mess and/or loss of interest. It's not a small amount of money.

Despite the fact you don't think the earrings are anything special, I like them and would have been prepared to keep them but not at £279 so I don't think my request to them was unreasonable.

I'll definitely be spending my refund elsewhere though.

Whoa - hang on Meeshoo. It was you who commented about how much you've spent with them and not me. I just said it doesnt matter whether its a fiver or thousands - they have an obligation to ANY customer to deal with them fairly and honestly which they have clearly failed to do in this case.

When I say they aren't that special - you said yourself the colour was even worse in real life - let's face it -they don't look too good in that photo do they?
.:rolleyes:

I've obviously chosen my words badly if that's how it read. It wasn't meant to be like that. I was meaning to show my loyalty over the years to GemsTV. £5 or £5000 it doesn't make any difference. Regular buyers are regular buyers. Sadly there's no loyalty from Gems to their customers now.

I'm spitting blood with them at the moment so please excuse me if I'm not being very rational!

Off to have a crate of wine and package up the earrings so I can at least get my refund next week!

Aww Meesh that's not on, whatever is ordered and no matter how much it is, should always be 'fit for purpose', wonky posts and badly matched colours are not acceptable. Glad you decided to return them, but really Gems what about the ' we won't use you card until we ship the goodies' promise. There must be someone in charge at Gems who reads these posts for goodness sake and should be sorting out things. Fingers crossed for you Meesh.

Hi Meeshoo

I have the same design but in pink tourmaline in white gold. Because they are such a prominent design they really need to be well colour matched IMO. I have seen the tanzy version in stock on a regular basis, so I'd wait for a few months & try again.

HTH.

Hi Meeshoo

I have the same design but in pink tourmaline in white gold. Because they are such a prominent design they really need to be well colour matched IMO. I have seen the tanzy version in stock on a regular basis, so I'd wait for a few months & try again.

HTH.

Broomie hun! I nearly missed seeing it was you!

Actually this is a pair of badly matched one-offs! (Already asked)!

I've got the same design in Alexandrite and they're stunning and really quite big - I was staggered at how big they were which was what made me order. Would love to see them in pink tourmaline - lush!!!

Look Gems if you are hard up for boxes ...most of us have huge stashes of boxes, all shapes and sizes in our attics.....we could sell them back, how about all my boxes for a nice pink diamond solitaire pendant!!;)

Perhaps Gems could start a "recycle your box and get money off scheme" if they are so short on boxes. Only joking of course lol

I had two rings arrive this week, wrapped in plastic bags and stuffed in an earring box. Classy. :mad:

I did also, a silver ring - which may be the norm for silver rings - in a plastic bag in a box that was definitely not meant for rings. Good job I have the odd one or two spare! :rolleyes:

Also in the same order, earrings (UYI3509) came in a 8 x 6 cm flat box with the black velvet pad filling completely the lower half and with very little depth in the lid. They are long earrings, sent in just one bag and were rather squashed into the box. However, removed from the bag and fixed onto the pad, their particular shape fits in OK.

Sorry Meesh to hear about this sloppy packaging and handling, the initials of the packers will be on your order form, would it be a thought to mention this as well?

Last edited:
Isn't there a fine line between customer satisfaction and total disappointment?

Seems to me that if the earrings had been a bit closer in colour...... and/or better packaged....... and/or there had been a bit of a discount - then Meesh would have been reporting on a lovely bargain and/or good CS.

Instead the tale doesn't have a happy ending and poor Meesh is disappointed.

Sorry to hear about this, hun, it's really not at all nice.

I must admit lately i have had things delivered in wrong boxes i:e pendants in ring boxes etc and no logo on boxes some of mine have looked second hand too which is no good for gifts,not sure what to make of it,they are blue look like the ones from argos!!!!

shame about the mismatching of the stones. I expect there is actually someone out there walking around with the other halves of each earring!

as for the refund, well they've set the bar at such a high level that a few days' delay really is unusual. it would however be a good result to get a refund from other channels in anything less than a month!

shame about the mismatching of the stones. I expect there is actually someone out there walking around with the other halves of each earring!

as for the refund, well they've set the bar at such a high level that a few days' delay really is unusual. it would however be a good result to get a refund from other channels in anything less than a month!

I agree Sammi but when you haven't even had the goods to look at .......... I realised they'd charged my card 3 weeks early because I had the "your order is on it's way email". I phoned and managed to get it stopped from coming out and refunded straight away. However, that still takes 3-4 days normally before a refund goes back on. The point is, that money had been ear-marked to pay for other things and so was taken at a very very very inconvenient time - hence the forward delivery date.

I'm sorry but I think Gems have blown it now. I've always been a staunch supporter but I'm tired of their lack of quality and frustrating website. My spending has been reduced to a trickle and now the change of Courier...:mad:

I shall seriously think twice before I place another order, it was fun while it lasted but I think they're missing the point now. I feel so sorry for the staff that helped them to their awards, it must be hard for them to have to see and listen to criticisms that are beyond their control. The presenter's still do a sterling job but it's not enough for me any more. It may be just time to move on as most of the 'characters' seem to have done. :(

I shall no doubt still place orders from time to time, it's still my hobby but no longer my obsession. Shame really, I shall have to search for a new vice.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more BC! In fact, when you find that vice, let me know and I'll join you (in the platonic sense you understand).

Thought you all might like to see the box that the earrings came in. Not very GemsTV is it? It's actually a necklace/pendant box and as you'll see, I've put the earrings inside (minus the bags so they can move around more) and the box doesn't shut!!!

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

well said BC. alot of people worked very hard to achieve the quality that GTV has in the past and it's a shame to see some slippage in several areas. however, all empires fall in the end.

there's definitely more to life than gems but having them as a hobby in the background is a nice element in our lives, a sort of life-enhancer lol. well we can't eat gems so I'd best get back to my grocery delivery order!!

That's the same box that I received and you're right Meesh it is a pendant box. I've had to pop the posts through the slits where the chain should go. No Gems logo to be seen on it either.

Latest posts

Back