Product Recall

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OMG I bought a yellow gold diamond ring, pendant and earrings last year. :eek:

No letter so far so fingers crossed. ;)

Hi all, not been around for a long time. Trying to stay on the wagon.

Not ordered anything since March, what with the cr*p web site, less time for stuff to stay in basket and this I think I am cured of my addiction. :D

I am a new member to this forum and along with a few members am devasted re product code 110158, 9k Diamond 'Y' Gold pendant purchased 13-10-07 £49.
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=110158 This was given, along with a Gold chain at @ £24.98 as a very special present. The design blew me away of five hearts entwined, representing a couple and three children. If anything the least I would have expected GemsTV to offer to re-produce the pendant in Yellow Gold on receipt of the original item. This way it would make me feel a lot better. geminipearl.

OH no that is quite abit of money to splash out as well and it is very pretty as well.
I know alot of people who have letters and have spent quite abit of money and are understandably hacked off.

Welcome...

Hi and welcome to the forum Geminipearl, sorry to hear that you've been affected by this recall business also. That 's a very pretty pendant you gave as a gift.

Out of interest I've just taken a look at the Gems website to see what they currently have in the way of 9k diamond items as there used to be heaps on there. Atm there are 14 items on offer and I see that 11 of them are already sold! Am wondering if these are being bought up by folks who've already returned their recall pieces, got their refunds and are getting these as replacements??

PS Hi Suki, welcome back, nice to see you on here again.

hi Geminipearl (great name btw!) and welcome to the forum. hope you love joining in the chat about gems, shopping and all sorts.

sorry to read that you've been affected by the recall. That is such a pretty pendant you purchased and it's sad that it has been "tainted" by some sharp practice. I bet the recipient still loves the pendant though and it's smashing you were able to give something of significance like that.

poor GTV are going to feel the knock on effects of this rogue staff member for quite a while.

I had also bought a pair of earrings ..110144 and given as a christmas gift to my sis when i went to U.S ...how do i take it back now ,she will have no faith then:mad:

I had also bought a pair of earrings ..110144 and given as a christmas gift to my sis when i went to U.S ...how do i take it back now ,she will have no faith then:mad:

Personally as it is your sister - I would explain. If she likes the earrings, she won't care either way. If she doesn't like them, then she wont mind you sending them back.

Personally as it is your sister - I would explain. If she likes the earrings, she won't care either way. If she doesn't like them, then she wont mind you sending them back.

I agree, if it was my sister I would tell her and let her decide if she wanted to keep them or not.

I to think your sis will understand hun.
I understand that people have lost alot or alittle faith in GemsTV, yes I know there are more important things going on in the world and we have all enjoyed buying lovely items from them BUT whether it is silver plated in gold or white gold plated in y gold the fact remains that people bought 9ct yellow gold NOT plated gold of any sort and some people have spent alot of hard earned money on these items and have bought more than one of the effected batch and possibly given them out as gifts and then for GemsTV to not even have the decency to offer even a 5% discount is a disgrace.

I'm inclined to agree ... they could do a wee bit more as a "sorry". I had a product recall a while ago with t'other side and I got my money back and they sent me a pre-paid envelope to return the goods and gave me a discount against a further purchase of 20%. There wasn't anything I particularly wanted so they gave me the 20% retrospectively against a ring I had bought and sent me a cheque.

I think it's a bit harsh to blame one "rogue" employee though ... a bit far fetched if you ask me because many, many different items are involved. For whatever reason they messed up - and as many people have said it is a bizarre mess up in that they seem to have plated white gold with yellow gold ... that just makes no sense. Am I right in thinking this was brought to light by a customer, and not by Gems' in-house QC? So from an item complained about they have managed to identify a huge batch of different items of jewellery all with the same problem.

I'm so sorry to hear about this, I do hope you all manage to get an acceptable conclusion, we really do miss Steve !

Oh yes, things still went wrong as they do in all companies and I can only speak for myself, but he was excellent at quickly resolving problems as he did for me on several occasions. Which in turn made you more confident about buying and your custom valued, that's why I'm sorry to read these posts because I do love Gems. Also it sad to hear people are disappointed to return items they love and worried about presents they have given.

Cleopatra

Anything new about recalls

I was wondering if Meeshoo had any more luck than i had about this recall business,did you get any where with gems about if they intend to do anything about your p&p or any other compensation of any kind.

I was wondering if Meeshoo had any more luck than i had about this recall business,did you get any where with gems about if they intend to do anything about your p&p or any other compensation of any kind.

"GemsTV have no problem refunding the original postage."

Just got back from my hols and am catching up on the threads. So sorry to hear about your problems Meesh and a very warm welcome to geminipearl!
This is a really odd development for Gems because they always say that their jewellery is made in-house, so how this mistake could have been made is a bit of a mystery.
I think the most upsetting thing is that they are now doing the bare legal minimum to put a wrong right, whereas in the past they would have gone that one step further and left everybody feeling happy and impressed with their customer service.
I can understand that you feel so upset about this Meesh and as for praising Gem's reaction, I really don't understand how anyone can praise a company for complying with the basic legal minimum requirements under the Trade Descriptions Act. I wonder what Steve Bennett must be thinking about what is happening in his old company?

Latest posts

Back