Purchases in the sales? Q or others

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought a Diamonique blue stone ring in the sale for £12 and I was annoyed because I wanted the pink one but I left it too long. Do I need another ring? No. I need to stay away from the telly as I'm a bit under the weather and feeling fed up always makes me spend.

I'm not a gambler so I've got the darts on. Money's safe. 🎯

CC

Nothing from Q.

The sales awful here. I went out with a friend this morning in to Belfast.

Dunnes no pyjamas in the sales at all! We were shocked at how little they had on sale.

M&S, two merino wool jumpers, one was £12 down from £29.50 the other was £20 down from £29.50 finally a pack of knickers for £7.50. I was looking for a coat but either not my size or light colours and would spend more time in the dry cleaners.

Online before Xmas.

Spacenk, two candles Boys Smells one was half price the other 30% off, Algenist facial oil 20% off.

Feel Unique, an Algenist set 40% off.

Not in the sale but did get a code and got 10% off. Pat McGrath Bridgerton collection eyeshadow palette and blush trio. It is coming from the US so sometime in January.

Looking at some of the shopping centres in parts of England they are rammed solid and very few wearing masks. I'm not enamoured of shopping at any time and certainly not during a sale,half the clothes shops look like jumble sales with clothes strewn all over.

I shall have a look at online but don't really need much. We have had to order a tap from Screwfix as the kitchen one has started to drip and we will go tomorrow to collect it.

Nothing from QVC at all, had a mooch on the site but struck out, just nothing I really fanied. Ebay, technically not a true sale but the seller had a 20% off incentive, so I bought a Brambly Hedge figurine. I collected them since the 80's and sadly broke one whilst dusting, butter fingers but the replacement was only £12 plus a few pennies and postage included, so I'm happy! Lulu Guinness website, a purse with Syril the snail n it. Don't need a purse really but I liked him. Passed on the matching keyring at £37 though! Finally, I got my personalised teapot that I have been coveting for about 2 years from Emma Bridgewater sale. I held off temptation as you nly need 1 teapot, I had a nice Doulton teapot for years, not a fancy one, one of their everyday range and it cracked in the dishwasher last month. I seem to be the destroyer of crockery lately, broke a side plate yesterday as well. Nothing else, so far!

I’ve not bothered to look at any sales online or in store. My New Year’s mantra will be the same as last year ….. only buy what I need and not what I want.

Having de-cluttered twice since the pandemic started, I can see that I should have used that mantra before. 😂 At least the local charities have benefited from my clear outs though. 👍

I have purchased nothing in the sales from Q or elsewhere, for me the sales are so disappointing in recent years, I remember a few years back there was always a few bargains to be had, and I would often pop into Brum city centre on boxing day or shortly afterwards to see what was on offer, now I really can't be bothered and the offers are no better than other times of the year, or what I fancy has sold out, as for Q, well enough said!

Haven't been a Sale shopper for decades. I'm old enough to remember the real bargains of long ago - and in the days before there were mayhem scrums by all nationalities as the doors opened as they fought over the latest tele or sofa !!! Hubby used to give me xmas money to spend in the Sales, so it was the train to London and blissful hours spent in Selfridges looking at reduced china, 50% and more off fabulous shoes or a wander around the clearance fashion before a spot of lunch.

As for QVC isn't it telling that most of the jewellery on sale is LR ? which shows its stupendously overpriced to begin with !!

I’ve not bothered to look at any sales online or in store. My New Year’s mantra will be the same as last year ….. only buy what I need and not what I want.

Having de-cluttered twice since the pandemic started, I can see that I should have used that mantra before. 😂 At least the local charities have benefited from my clear outs though. 👍
We are trying to clear the garage,loft and shed. I can't believe all the tools hubby thought he needed. He has decided he only needs what he can fit in a tool box. Just trying to decide if we need a skip or a man with a van to clear it.

I`ve been given some Marks gift cards from Mr V`s son and his children but our local branch shut down over a year ago so I`ve ordered a couple of things from the website. Luckily we have a small Marks Food store and I can return anything there if I dislike anything or if it doesn`t fit.
I ordered a long pleated skirt in platinum which was reduced in the sale and some magenta sling back shoes which weren`t in the sale.
I also have an Amazon gift card but I`ll probably spend that on books or kindle downloads.
It`s my birthday on Wednesday and Mr V has bought me a bracelet but I really don`t want or need anymore gifts off anybody else.
The only thing I actually needed and which I`ve bought for myself was a new purse. The one I`m currently using is years old and looks kind of grubby and worn out. I like large purses which hold everything so I`ve ordered one in the Osprey sale.
I`ve vowed that in 2022 I won`t be buying more "stuff" or clothes.

Nothing from Q.

The sales awful here. I went out with a friend this morning in to Belfast.

Dunnes no pyjamas in the sales at all! We were shocked at how little they had on sale.

M&S, two merino wool jumpers, one was £12 down from £29.50 the other was £20 down from £29.50 finally a pack of knickers for £7.50. I was looking for a coat but either not my size or light colours and would spend more time in the dry cleaners.

Online before Xmas.

Spacenk, two candles Boys Smells one was half price the other 30% off, Algenist facial oil 20% off.

Feel Unique, an Algenist set 40% off.

Not in the sale but did get a code and got 10% off. Pat McGrath Bridgerton collection eyeshadow palette and blush trio. It is coming from the US so sometime in January.
My Black Friday items from Pat took ages. Even taking into account from the US. I’m using over the holidays and will report back.

Well this Christmas its been the year of the bottle ! (last year I was awash with tins of biscuits :rolleyes: ). I suppose being a certain age - like 'old' then it tends to limit the imagination of present givers.

I'm not a drinker by any means - virtually bordering on teetotal, but the entire contents of my drinks cupboard would imbibe a wedding party for several hours. I have bottles of Scotch from before my husband died 20 years ago, and Bacardi I bought from a Caribbean island when on a cruise 12 years ago ! This year's contributions included vintage Port, Remy Martin Champagne, bottle of Sherry and (yet another) bottle of Baileys. Thankfully most people know I don't drink wine or I'd be up to my ears in the stuff.

My Black Friday items from Pat took ages. Even taking into account from the US. I’m using over the holidays and will report back.
Yes, they did have a message saying things would be taking longer. I have had stuff from her site arrived from the US to Belfast in 3 days before. The Bridgerton collection has sold out now.

I find the quality texture and pigment from her range brilliant.

Not much point in going to town here for sales since Debenhams, M&S, River Island, Top Shop, Pandora etc. etc. etc. all closed down. Body Shop and W.H. Smith close at the end of January. So is it worth a 40 mile trip out of town to see what’s on offer? I doubt it from what I’ve seen and heard on here and elsewhere. I haven’t recieved my Radley TSV from QVC and trying to get through on the phone is as bad as trying to get through to the Doctors Surgery.

I've gone mad this year. I've bought a variety of fragrances from allbeauty, a selection of Osprey bags and now, thanks to AndiK, two MB duos from Amazon. Fortunately there was nothing for me in the M&S, JLP, Seasalt and MB sales online and I'm not revisiting the sites. I did buy well I think but the stashes need to be culled now.

I also bought a selection of very well priced Yankees for Christmas. Well I haven't finished one of them yet 😄 so I shall burn Red Apple Wreath in January and add the others back to the stash

Ask me this question a few years back and I'd have hit the sales on boxing day and come back laden down with bargains from Next, Debenhams, M&S, BHS, HMV...but with all bar two of them left, it's not worth the trip. We've still got HMV but since I stream all my films and music these days it's not worth a visit. I find I usually end up buying a load of stuff I don't need 'cause the price is good. I've had some good buys though - I remember a few years ago seeing a massive earthenware lasagne dish in Next which contained everything you needed to make lasagne (apart from the meat of course), a pair of stripey oven gloves, a cutter/server and a recipe card it was priced at £45 but was down to £15 - It's brilliant and I've still got all the components, and the lasagne we made with the kit was gorgeous, other than that I think I paid £2 for a "Mr and Mrs" card game and it's great to take to people's houses to play. Like others, these days I'm more into decluttering, and with age - I literally can't be bothered, when I'm not working I'd sooner be indoors relaxing! Not really looked online as I can't think offhand of anything I particularly want.

Latest posts

Back