Pyjama buying gripes!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Looking to replace my trusty old fleece pj's which consisted of fleecy trousers and a fleecy roll neck top, after more than 4 years constant service they finally gave up the ghost and were consigned to the recycling bin. They were a mere £12 from my catalogue, so I went straight there to see if I could find a similar bargain. No such luck, just page after page of thin pj's made from tshirt fabric or satin, a lot of them having short or no sleeves and shorts instead of trousers. I gave up and had a look at John Lewis, I thought staff discount will help here. I found a suitable candidate which would've been in my price range until I realised it was just the top! In fact most of the pyjamas were being sold as separates - I hate this, such a rip off! I've noticed this happening a lot with bikinis when I've been searching for a swimsuit...who just buys a bikini top? or just the bottoms for that matter? exhibitionists perhaps! Anyway, back to the pyjamas all far too pricey even after discount. I even gave QVC a cursory glance and they had plenty that fit the bill but not at those prices. Eventually I just googled fleecy pyjamas and found a perfect pair for a tenner from Studio and they even come with a pair of bedsocks. Sadly p&p was £4.99 but still worked out cheap. I've been wearing a fleecy onesie to bed for the past few nights which is great until you need to use the bathroom and strip it right off....brrrrrr, hence the need for a new 2 piece!
Probably would've made sense to go down to Primark, but it's a bun fight (especially at this time of year) that I could do without!

Looking to replace my trusty old fleece pj's which consisted of fleecy trousers and a fleecy roll neck top, after more than 4 years constant service they finally gave up the ghost and were consigned to the recycling bin. They were a mere £12 from my catalogue, so I went straight there to see if I could find a similar bargain. No such luck, just page after page of thin pj's made from tshirt fabric or satin, a lot of them having short or no sleeves and shorts instead of trousers. I gave up and had a look at John Lewis, I thought staff discount will help here. I found a suitable candidate which would've been in my price range until I realised it was just the top! In fact most of the pyjamas were being sold as separates - I hate this, such a rip off! I've noticed this happening a lot with bikinis when I've been searching for a swimsuit...who just buys a bikini top? or just the bottoms for that matter? exhibitionists perhaps! Anyway, back to the pyjamas all far too pricey even after discount. I even gave QVC a cursory glance and they had plenty that fit the bill but not at those prices. Eventually I just googled fleecy pyjamas and found a perfect pair for a tenner from Studio and they even come with a pair of bedsocks. Sadly p&p was £4.99 but still worked out cheap. I've been wearing a fleecy onesie to bed for the past few nights which is great until you need to use the bathroom and strip it right off....brrrrrr, hence the need for a new 2 piece!
Probably would've made sense to go down to Primark, but it's a bun fight (especially at this time of year) that I could do without!
I can only wear a camisole nightie. I have some thin PJ bottoms and a camisole top for when it gets very cold.
My niece wears thick PJs and socks plus a 15 tog quilt all year.

I don’t wear PJs, a onesie or a nightdress in bed (no doubt TMI) and only have a 1 tog duvet on in winter and I’m warm enough. However, I do often have cold feet, because I’ve got an underactive thyroid, but I’ve yet to resort to bed socks. 😉

I usually sleep a lot better in the colder months, the colder it is, the better I sleep as long as I'm wrapped up warm enough. There's no way I could wear flimsy nightwear in the winter unless the heating's on of course. If we can manage to get through the rest of this year without having to switch it on, I'll be very pleased. I'm not very good with extreme temperatures, especially the heat and it's getting worse with age, I have to sit in the shade even on the slightest of sunny days. A couple of my friends can just sit or lie there and fry! We're all different!

Sets (of anything) sold separately are good for me as I am very different size top and bottom so this way I can usually be sure of something that fits all over but they are often more expensive sold this way.

I prefer to buy a separate top and bottom. I don't like the bottoms to be too tight, so always get a size bigger.

I don't wear pyjamas in bed as find them too warm for me, but bought a set in M&S yesterday for wearing around the house on a cold evening, or pottering around in before getting dressed in the morning, they were just over £14 with the sparks 20% discount, there are fleecy tartan ones, not a design I particularly like but they are such a good fit and lovely and warm so am very chuffed with my purchase

Latest posts

Back