Q is for Quick!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
If I hear another present shout the word "quick" I think i'm going to scream. Watching tv in bed last night, I flicked over to Q to find them flogging Joules Breton tops in various colours and designs, as I was drifting off to sleep (it has that effect on me) all I could hear Jilly saying is quick, quickly, be quick on this etc. I'm thinking is the purchase of a long sleeved stripey top really something that needs any urgency? It's not even as if the prices are so competitive that you'd be crazy not to snap something up at lightning speed paying no regard to whether it's the right size, whether or not you need it or actually like it for that matter! Flinty was in Quick mode yesterday can't remember what with, but then isn't she always? This morning flicking channels and got to Q and the first word I heard was Quick!!!! and within the space of 5 minutes it was said a further 4 times. I am getting to the stage where this pressure selling is becoming harder to listen to, I swear it's getting worse, maybe it's just me getting grumpier in my old age. I'm finding what I used to find an entertaining and relaxing watch to be an utter turn off.
I wish they'd be a bit more "quick" with their deliveries and processing refunds.
What's all this baloney about don't let somebody else snap up "your" item? They couldn't give 2 $hits who's buying the stuff as long as someone does. I actually think they need to stop all this constant stock updating*, lets face it, people will soon find out whether or not the item they want is available. Fine announce a sell out and let folk know whether or not advanced orders are available - but fgs stop piling on all this pressure!

*This would certainly flummox some of the let's say less fluent presenters !

I'm replying quickly, Merryone! I find all the 'geeing up' for us to buy a product appalling. Perhaps the presenters are being told in their ear pieces to be quick to sell, sell, sell. It makes watching qvc an unrelaxing experience. Is there a calm, measured voice among any of the presenters? Charlie, perhaps. He's low key.
If I hear another present shout the word "quick" I think i'm going to scream. Watching tv in bed last night, I flicked over to Q to find them flogging Joules Breton tops in various colours and designs, as I was drifting off to sleep (it has that effect on me) all I could hear Jilly saying is quick, quickly, be quick on this etc. I'm thinking is the purchase of a long sleeved stripey top really something that needs any urgency? It's not even as if the prices are so competitive that you'd be crazy not to snap something up at lightning speed paying no regard to whether it's the right size, whether or not you need it or actually like it for that matter! Flinty was in Quick mode yesterday can't remember what with, but then isn't she always? This morning flicking channels and got to Q and the first word I heard was Quick!!!! and within the space of 5 minutes it was said a further 4 times. I am getting to the stage where this pressure selling is becoming harder to listen to, I swear it's getting worse, maybe it's just me getting grumpier in my old age. I'm finding what I used to find an entertaining and relaxing watch to be an utter turn off.
I wish they'd be a bit more "quick" with their deliveries and processing refunds.
What's all this baloney about don't let somebody else snap up "your" item? They couldn't give 2 $hits who's buying the stuff as long as someone does. I actually think they need to stop all this constant stock updating*, lets face it, people will soon find out whether or not the item they want is available. Fine announce a sell out and let folk know whether or not advanced orders are available - but fgs stop piling on all this pressure!

*This would certainly flummox some of the let's say less fluent presenters !

In most of the midnight TSV presentations, within the first ten minutes or so we are urged to buy straight away, as it’s flying out, and maybe won’t be available in the morning.( DF is the worst )Fast forward
24 hours, and it usually hasn’t sold out, or even limited. Many of the beauty sets they are still trying to flog off for months!!

I'm replying quickly, Merryone! I find all the 'geeing up' for us to buy a product appalling. Perhaps the presenters are being told in their ear pieces to be quick to sell, sell, sell. It makes watching qvc an unrelaxing experience. Is there a calm, measured voice among any of the presenters? Charlie, perhaps. He's low key.
I guess it is a bit unfair of me to blame the presenters entirely as they're only relaying what's being said into their earpiece, however I'm sure a lot of them run with the ball a bit more than they need to, and like I said it's easy pickings for those who can't think of anything coherent or relevant to say. To be fair I've actually noticed this happening in my catalogue, it comes up with little messages like "this item is selling fast" and eg "17 have been sold in the past hour" - so they're all at it. It's somewhat worse when you hear it spoken though!
Thing is though, does this tactic work? I would say most certainly, having been caught out myself once or twice (eg awful Ashwood leather bag) of course Q are backing this up with their "no risk buying speil" If you don't like it then send it straight back to us, in fact you can wear it, sleep in it, pass wind in it, soil it for 60 days before you decide it's not for you, but of course there's no mention at all that it will cost you. Not only does it help keep the prices up, it speeds up the customer's decision making time and when in the cold light of day they realise their mistake, can they be arsed to make that return, is it worth losing money for ? At least the catalogue offers no risk shopping in the truest sense of the word!

Totally agree with you both. I'm watching less and less lately. It's not a relaxing watch anymore.

I just had another look at a pair of Skecher trainers I had put in my bag last week and I got this message
1678183890990.png

Isn’t it the same on holiday websites? ‘Only two rooms left’ & those 2 rooms are still around weeks later.
A lot of sites are at it, like Silver Fox says its holiday sites and hotel bookings - all say just 2 rooms left, Easyjet normally have only 3 seats left, and Etsy are guilty of saying "this is in 8 other baskets", and I usually mutter "well let'em have it then".

Latest posts

Back